However, mirrors also have several interactions, the most important of which are charisma training and changing a Sim's appearance.[TS2][TS3] Changing a Sim's appearance with the mirror allows the player to edit the Sim's hair and makeup. In The Sims 2: Pets, the appearance of an adult pet's coat can be changed, and a collar can be placed on the pet or removed from the pet, as long as the pet can get to the mirror. As in Create a Pet, the player can use "Coat Colors and Markings" to customize the pet's coat, but unlike Create a Pet, the player can also select from several pre-made coats for the pet's breed.
In The Sims, mirrors are silver and do not show any reflections. Starting with The Sims 2, mirrors will show the reflections of any Sims or objects in front of them, although they will not reveal the player if they zoom in on one. As reflections are intensive on the graphics card, they may be optionally disabled to boost game performance.
- Use Acne Cream: Available for Teens with acne.[TS2]
- Gussy Up: Improves hygiene.[TS2] Gives the Sim the "Attractive" moodlet.[TS3]
- Check Self Out: Available for Teens.[TS2] Fulfills the wish to check themselves.[TS3]
- Practice Speech: Increases the Sim's Charisma skill.[TS1][TS2][TS3]
- Practice Romance: Increases the Sim's Charisma skill. Increases fun for Romance Sims.[TS2]
- Admire Self: Only available to Sims with Snob trait. The Sim will gain the "I Am Beautiful" moodlet.[TS3]
- Make Faces in Mirror: Only available to Sims with certain traits, i.e. Childish.[TS3]
- Play with Mirror: Only available to child Sims.[TS3]
- Pet Reflection: Autonomous pet action, only available with most full-length mirrors. The pet will look at its reflection and react to it. It will boost the pet's fun motive.[TS2:P]
Vampires can't be seen in a mirror. If they are married, their wedding rings can be seen, however.[TS2:NL]