Mom Landgraab is a Sim character featured in The Sims Bustin' Out and The Sims console games and lives in SimValley. The player starts his or her Sim's life with her in either Bust Out Mode in The Sims Bustin' Out or in Live mode in The Sims.
The Sims (console) Edit
In the console versions of The Sims, Mom is featured as an elderly woman living alone (until the player moves in) in her home, and her snoring can get quite annoying. Unlike in The Sims Bustin' Out, Mom is playable in The Sims. Apparently, once the player moves in, Mom expects the player to be her sort of "slave" and will constantly nag. If you tell Mom to do any sort of work (including cooking, cleaning, etc.), she will refuse to do it, placing the burden on the player's Sim. ("I'm not a maid, (Sim)!") The only 2 ways to keep the house clean from Mom's unsupported messes is to keep a "Meet Major Dormo" in the backyard, or have a chance for Mom to be abducted by aliens. It is nearly impossible to get abducted in story mode. After the abduction, her "Neat" personality should reciprocal with her original.
The player can move out of Mom's home, after he or she has warmed his or her Mom up to him or her and "borrowed" §800 from her. He or she then can move into the abode of Mimi Landgraab or Dudley Landgraab (depending on the gender the player chooses), where he or she is expected to clean up all his or her mess and buy improvements for his or her home. Mom periodically visits the home, but can be very cruel to your sim by insulting, slapping and teasing them. Rarely, she'll bring some flowers in a vase for your Sim. However, clicking on them will result in the option "clean up."
The Sims Bustin' OutEdit
In The Sims Bustin' Out, Mom is featured as an older, or at least appears to be, woman. She wears a green facial mask, along with a pink bathrobe and pink bunny slippers. She is the mother of the player character, and either the mother or the former stepmother of Mimi and Dudley Landgraab. Through her various complaints, we also see that Mom is the ex-wife of the infamous Malcolm Landgraab; it's unknown if she is the mother of his children. She lives in a quaint country home, surrounded by farms. Unlike her predecessor, she, while still a bit of a nag, is a lot nicer and kind to the player's Sim. Mom will look after your Sim, but when it comes to jobs around the house she can be a slacker. This trait is also asscociated with the bathroom in Mom's eyes, as she is well known for emptying her bladder in the kitchen.
When the player first begins to play, he or she is taken to a night-club setting and must kiss either Peter Tutti or Candi Frutti (depending on the player's Sim's gender). Mom pops up out of what seems to be thin air, and lectures the player's Sim because Malcolm is stealing his or her motor-scooter. The player is then transported back to Mom's home, where he or she must complete a set of five pre-decided goals, including Find a Job. Until the Sim uses the newspaper to do this, Mom will nag him or her repeatedly. Her nags can be ignored and the player can remain living in her home, but that is up to the player to decide. This is a great level to raise some skills before trying a career. Living in Mom's House at any point in the game will freeze the Sim's work schedule and stop all relationship decay. Many motives will also freeze or slow, and should the player deplete all of their money, a seemingly random phone call will supply more.
- This Sim, along with Dudley and Mimi, are the only adults that cannot build skills.
- Although it is stated that she is the mother of the player, the parent status was not included in The Sims until The Sims 2 and The Sims Stories introduced it.
- Also, even in The Sims 2 era, it is not possible without cheats to have an Adult to be a parent of another Adult. However, it is possible if a Teen ages to an adult while the parent is still an adult. If the Teen ages while his/her parent is still an adult, the current adult will still be a parent of the new adult.
- Since Mom is presumed to be the player's mother, this would make the player the step brother/sister of Mimi and Dudley, and the stepson/stepdaughter of Malcolm in the game.
- Her name 'Mom' should not be confused with the 'Mother' relationship status seen in the more recent games from The Sims series.
- Although Mom is like an Elder, she is an Adult. This is because Elders did not appear in The Sims but The Sims 2 and The Sims Stories introduced it.
- Although she is the ex-wife of Malcolm, she cannot be married in The Sims Bustin' Out. If the player tries to marry her, the player will get a message stating "Sorry, but I'm already spoken for, try one of the Sims on Free Street 1, 2 or 3.". Same goes for all other Sims who do not live in Free Street.
- In The Sims Bustin' Out, if the radio station is switched to Techno or Rap, Mom can be seen dancing for hours or even days.
- She is mentioned in The Urbz Sims In The City console version. The Urbz takes place after The Sims Bustin' Out, and you move into an apartment. Will.I.Am of The Black Eyed Peas will tell you that Mom has given you some furniture and $300 to start off, although this furniture is from Wills home lot, Cosmo Street.
|The Landgraab Family|
| Kermit - Kitty|
Chester - Queenie - Admiral Landgraab
Geoffrey - Nancy - Malcolm II - Marion
Malcolm - Mom - Malcolm - Hannelore - Malcolm III - Margaret
Dudley - Mimi - Malcolm IV - Adrien
Malcolm - Bambi