Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
The Monarch is a hero character introduced in The Sims Medieval. This is the first playable Sim the player can control upon starting the game. The monarch's daily job is to write royal decrees and rule the Kingdom. Their workspace is the throne room and have living quarters on the second floor. How the Monarch rules the Kingdom affects his/her popularity with its occupants.
The monarch is capable of dueling with Knights, Spies and some other NPCs in order to increase combat ability. The monarch is also capable of studying diplomacy with neighboring kingdoms to increase their diplomatic ability. The monarch has the power to send other Sims to the Pit of Judgement or to The Stocks. The monarch uses earned points to add new buildings to the kingdom. They can also meet, socialize and even marry other territory leaders. The monarch is one of the few Sims who can use the Tactical Map.
Once the player has completed the kingdom's ambition, they can have any of the non-monarch heroes found a new kingdom, as the new monarch.
It is the only Hero Sim unable to be sent to the Stocks but they can be sent to the Stocks during a quest.
- Initially, the hero is called Lord or Lady X (X being the first name of the hero)
- At level 5 the hero is called Lord or Lady X the Great.
- At level 10 the hero is called Lord or Lady X the Illustrious. Monarchs who reach this level have the special ability of determining the taxes.
- In case the Monarch has annexed other territory (apart from Crafthole and Tredony), the title will be King or Queen X.
- In case the Monarch has annexed three territories, the title will be Emperor or Empress X.