hobbies included in The Sims 2: FreeTime. High nature enthusiasm allows a Sim access to the Peerless Park secret lot. Having a sloppy or playful personality will raise the enthusiasm for this hobby faster.
Nature is one of the great mysteries in life. Interacting with animals like fish, birds or bugs will increase your Sim's enthusiasm for nature as will going for hikes, gardening or camping. Sims who are good at cleaning will gain enthusiasm for mother nature faster.
Activities that raise a Sim's enthusiasm in nature are:
Available to toddlers:
Available to children and up:
- Catching butterflies and fireflies
- Hunting bugs[TS2:FT]
- Feeding and watching fish in the aquarium or koi pond[TS2:FT]
- Studying cleaning
- Watering flowerbeds and trimming hedges
- Using the AquaGreen Hydroponic Garden
- Raking leaves[TS2:S] and zen garden[TS2:BV]
- Watching cloud
- Playing with a womrat[TS2:P]
- Playing and talking with a caged bird[TS2:P]
- Sleeping in a tent[TS2:BV]
- Reading the tree rings[TS2:BV]
- Building a sandcastle[TS2:BV]
- Watching waves[TS2:BV]
- Combing for seashells[TS2:BV]
- Reading the Home and Garden section in the newspaper or the Outdoorsy magazine[TS2:FT]
- Browsing web about nature[TS2:FT]
- Blogging about nature[TS2:FT]
- Dreaming about nature
Available to teens and up:
Available to adults and up:
Unlockable Interactions Edit
Gaining enthusiasm in this hobby can unlock these interactions:
- "Talk about Nature"
- "Read Section ... Home and Garden" in newspaper
- "Go Hiking"
- "Browse Web About Nature"
- Collect More Bugs
- "Share Hobby Tips About Nature" with a Sim
- "Blog about Nature" on the computer
- Collect Even More Bugs
- "Instruct in Nature"
- "Be in the Zone"
- Uninspired Underling
- Leaf Picker
- Hugger of Trees
- Force of Nature
Hobby Instructors Edit
Nature hobby instructors wear an outfit which resembles the default PlantSim outfit, and a headdress resembling those worn by the locals of Twikkii Island. If The Sims 2: Seasons was installed before the NPC is generated, all nature hobby instructors will have gold talent badges in Gardening and Fishing.