trait in The Sims 3. It's first available at birth.
Neurotic Sims will freak out at the most minor of provocations. They can become stressed easily and can be difficult to mellow. Luckily they take solace in sharing their worries with others.
- Sim often can't quite get a grip on life, freaking out over every little thing.
- You can click on your Sim to get a "Freak Out" interaction. Other Sims will be disturbed but your Sim will become Tranquil.
- It takes a while for your Sim to de-stress, but your Sims can "Share Worries" with other Sims to help relax.
- Your Sim won't get sad or angry, just stressed out!
- Neurotic and Insane Sims Can "Talk About Conspiracies" with other Sims.
- Can "Check" on sink, fireplace and other appliances which will make the Sim become more tranquil.
- Neurotic Sims can "Share Worries" with other Sims to remove negative moodlets if the interaction was accepted.
- Sometimes after interacting with certain objects, the Sim might get a "Feeling Anxious About Object" moodlet. This goes away after a few hours but it can be alleviated immediately by Checking the object, which gives a "Feeling Calm" moodlet. Child Sims do not have the "Check Object" interaction, however.
- They often obsess over their hygiene. They often desire to make their beds, clean dishes, bathe, and even wash their hands or brush their teeth a number of times.
- Neurotic children constantly change positions and move in their sleep, but these actions do not affect how much rest they get.
- Neurotic Sims often have special wishes like "Wash Hands 3 Times."
- Neurotic Sims get stressed faster while working, unless they are tranquil from their "Freak Out" interaction.
- Using the "Console" interaction on a neurotic Sim will not increase relationship level like being used on other Sims.
- Neurotic Sims respond negatively to the "Heat of the Moment Kiss" interaction.
- Neurotic Sims flee from Bonehilda. They can't be in the same room with her and receive the "Scared" moodlet.
- Neurotic Sims will always receive a "Horrified" moodlet if they set off traps (by walking over them or while trying to disarm them) or encounter bugs while exploring catacombs. Oddly, the moodlet does not appear if they encounter a Mummy.
- Neurotic Sims get the "Scared" moodlet whenever they walk over a floor hygienator, even if they made it themselves.
- Whenever Neurotic Sims look out windows, their neurotic trait flashes (in the Simology panel), indicating this is a neurotic interaction. This action can only be done autonomously. Results in a slight fun gain rate.
- If a Neurotic Sim insults or fights a fellow Sim, they will sometimes gain a wish to apologize to the offended Sim. Even Evil and Mean-Spirited Neurotic Sims may experience this.
- If a Neurotic Sims' mood is low, they become tense instead of uncomfortable and stressed instead of miserable.
Examples of Neurotic SimsEdit