She and her teenage niece, Ophelia Nigmos, reside in the Specter household in the neighborhood of Strangetown. Olive is a many-time widow - her many husbands included Hugh Thanasia, Rigger Mortis, and Ichabod Specter (all are deceased before the game begins). She was also left at the altar by Earl E. DeMise, who died soon after. The death of her many husbands has led some players to theorize that Olive is a murderer or was somehow responsible for their deaths; these theories remain unconfirmed.
Life Leading up to The Sims 3Edit
There seems to be some kind of timeline confusion surrounding Nervous being taken away by social services and Olive's marriage to Ichabod Specter. In the Strangetown storyline from The Sims 2, Nervous had already been taken away by the time she married Ichabod, and therefore before Ichabod's death, whereas in Midnight Hollow, Ichabod is already dead and a ghost in her garden. Oddly, Earl E. DeMise does not appear in this world, although there is a grave in Dragon Valley that reads "Reserved for Earl E. DeMise" and "What's this about Easter Eggs?" The family tree does not show who Nervous' father is, even though some evidence is pointing at that Nervous' father is the Grim Reaper in the family bio. This may be due to the Grim Reaper only being generated when needed.
- This section is in need of additional information. You can help The Sims Wiki by expanding this section.
Life Leading up to The Sims 2Edit
Olive shares her eerie, haunted home with her niece, Ophelia Nigmos. Her sister, Willow Nigmos, and Willow's husband Creon are both deceased and buried in Olive's garden; their deaths are the result of drowning. She is the daughter of Lerato Muenda and Peponi Muenda, both also of Strangetown, who both perished as a result of fire.
Olive did WooHoo with none other than the Grim Reaper; which suggests Olive had more than a passing relationship with death. Oddly enough, when the player gets the Paranormal career reward, introduced in the University expansion pack, and calls the Grim Reaper, he will say that Olive doesn't know anybody who has died. This is because all the victims in her garden have unlinked character files.
Olive also had a son - Nervous Subject - who was taken away by the Social Worker. There is no record of Nervous' father in the family tree, though some say it is the Grim Reaper. Nervous, now an adult, currently resides at the Beaker residence with Loki and Circe Beaker. Everyone expects Olive's money to be inherited by Ophelia following her death, but, surprisingly, the inheritance goes to Nervous Subject.
She dislikes General Buzz Grunt, whose ex-wife died on Olive's lot soon after leaving the Grunt household. Even though they dislike each other, Buzz will almost always come around to her lot if he is invited over immediately. This may prove the theory that Olive is a "serial-killer" and since they don't like each other, Buzz could be her next victim. Another evidence that she may be a murderer is the fact that Earl E. DeMise died right after leaving Olive at the altar.
When first played, she will have a want to retire. Because she has reached level 5 of the Slacker career, Olive has a Slacker career reward available for her to purchase. When the family is first played, she will be on her 10th day as an Elder.
Olive's Memory ConnectionsEdit
If one studies the chronology of Olive's memories, it is apparent that she gave birth to her son Nervous after she had aged into an elder. Olive did WooHoo with the Grim Reaper after she became an elder. If one believes the theory that Grim Reaper is Nervous' father, that would mean that Olive got pregnant after she became an elder which is not possible through normal gameplay.
There are a number of people buried in Olive's backyard along with family and former husbands - some of them are service people (maids, delivery people, etc.). Many of them have names that are related to death (Euthanasia, Early Demise, Rigor Mortis, etc.) There are many theories about Olive, and many unknown questions. How did all these people die in Olive's lot? A few players think perhaps before the game was in stores many Sims died, many other think they might be Olive's victims, however murder is technically impossible in The Sims games, it's a possible storyline. Olive's biography states that she will "stop at nothing to get what she wants." It also states that she spends her time "sharpening sticks," which may suggest her use of a weapon for her victims, and as well as "excavating her yard," which gives the clue that she spends her time digging holes to bury the bodies of her victims. Her surname, Specter, is also related to death, as a specter is another term for ghost.
- Olive's name might be a play on the phrase "I love specter" possibly showing her love of the Grim Reaper.
- Olive's name could also be a play on "o-live", as in an 'alive specter', or a live ghost - possibly again a relation to the Grim Reaper.
- Olive, along with Herb and Coral Oldie, are the only living Sims in The Sims 2 base game that do not have grandparents in their family tree.
- She remembers giving birth to a different Nervous Subject than the one that lives in Beaker household.
- Like many people buried on her lot, she has no eyebrows.
- Olive has a hidden Fortune aspiration token which can be viewed in SimPE along with her other memories.
- On the official The Sims 2 website, sometimes in the news they would make reference to Olive Specter's cemetery, but they call it Olive's garden. Sometimes it is called Olive's garden in-game also. Maybe that is a reference to Olive Garden, which is thought to be a favorite restaurant for some of the game creators.
- Without the use of cheats or the Elixir of Life, Olive typically dies of old age after about 2 days, the same day Ophelia becomes an adult.
- When editing her in SimPE, her natural hair color is determined as brown, though both her parents have black hair and in the family's gallery she is shown as an adult with black hair. This suggests she dyed her hair black.
- In The Sims 3 a medium painting can be the picture of Olive being left at the altar by Earl. It is a common Easter egg.
- Olive has no known relationships with anyone in her graveyard except Ichabod Specter, Lerato Muenda, Peponi Muenda, and Willow Nigmos. Strangely, each of these Sims are mere acquaintances with Olive despite being in her immediate family. They are also non-resurrectable. Using SimPE, you can see that she also has relationship points with 19 "Unknown" Sims. The remaining Sims in her graveyard appear to have relationship values but they are not considered "known" relationships because the box is unchecked.
- Olive seems to have an obsession with death. An example would be her choice of spouses, Earl E. Demise (Early Demise), Rigger Mortis (Rigor mortis, the act of muscles stiffening after death), Hugh Thanasia (Pun on Euthanasia, the act of ending a life painlessly), etc. The hypothesis is supported by the past relationship she had with the Grim Reaper
- Olive's bio suggests the possibility of her being a murderer and the people at her graveyard being her victims, as she spends her time "sharpening sticks and excavating her garden" and she will stop at nothing to get what she wants.
|Language||The Sims 2||The Sims 3|
|English||Olive Specter||Olive Specter|
|Brazilian Portuguese||Olívia Espectro||Oliva Espectro|
|Chinese (Simplified)||奥利弗 斯贝克特|
|Chinese (Traditional)||歐莉芙 斯派特|
|Dutch||Olijfje Siebrand||Olive Specter|
|European Portuguese||Olívia Espectro|
|Finnish||Olivia Vainajala||Olivia Vainajala|
|French||Olivia Chimère||Vert olive Chimère|
|Hebrew||אוליב ספקטר||אוליב ספקטר|
|Korean||올리브 스펙터||올리브 스펙터|
|Polish||Oliwka Widmo||Olive Specter|
|Russian 2||Oliviya Specter|
- ↑ Since inheritance in The Sims 2 is separate from family funds, the family funds will pass to Ophelia as long as she is living on the lot when Olive dies.
- ↑ If Olive significantly improves her relationship with Ophelia before she dies, there is a chance that some of the inheritance will go her.