Pictures drawn can be hung, sold or kept in inventory as in The Sims 2. Also note that pictures will appreciate over time. The original price and the appreciated price can be seen when the picture is in the inventory. In The Sims 3, personality traits, such as Artistic, affect how Sims' paintings look. Occasionally Sims will paint easter eggs such as recreations of famous paintings or the cover of the Maxis game Spore.
Sims get better at this skill by painting on the Easel found in the Hobbies and Skills part of the Entertainment department in buy mode, which costs §300. They can also take painting classes at the school building.
Number of Paintings Created, Number of Brilliant Paintings Finished, Number of Masterpieces Painted, Worth of Most Valuable Painting Sold, Money Earned from Paintings
- Brushmasters have painted at least 30 paintings, and as a result, paint much faster than normal painters.
- Proficient Painters
- Proficient Painters have proven their worth by painting at least 6 brilliant paintings. They tend to paint far more brilliant paintings and masterpieces than less proficient Sims.
- Master Painter
- Master Painters have painted at least 5 masterpieces. Every painting they sell is worth oodles more than the work of normal artists.
|5||Paint Still Life/Get Paint Interaction|
|6||Paint a 'Brilliant' painting|
|Paint a 'Stylized Still-Life: Insane' painting|
|Paint a 'Stylized Still-Life: Genius' painting|
|Paint a 'Stylized Still-Life: Somber' painting|
|8||Paint Memorized Scene|
|9||Paint a 'Stylized Still-Life: Somber' painting|
|Paint a Masterpiece|
- Interior Decor
- Deliver some paintings to the restaurant to earn some money, and improve your relationship skills!
- The Business of Decor
- Deliver 10 paintings to the Business Office to earn some money, and improve your relationship skills!
- Painting the City
- Deliver 15 paintings to the City Hall to earn some money, and improve your relationship skills!
- The Study of Art
- Deliver a §1,000 painting to the science lab to earn some money!
- A Large Painting
- Paint a large painting, and give it to a Sim to earn some money!
- A Medium Painting
- Paint a medium painting, and give it to a Sim to earn some money!
- Art Class
- Teach an art class at school to improve grade, and to increase the relationship with students!
- Fresco Fest
- Assist painter at City Hall before time runs out to increase the value of your future paintings!
- Local Artists Gallery
- View Gallery at the Business Office before time runs out to increase the value of your future paintings, and to boost at your painting skill!
- A Small Painting
- Paint a small painting, and give it to a Sim to earn some money!
- A Retreat to Inspiration
- Attend a retreat at the Bookstore before time runs out to obtain the Pumped Moodlet!
- Deliver a Painting to Egypt (Requires World Adventures)
- An Egyptian Relic tycoon wants to buy a painting from you but insists that it be hand delivered to Al-Simhara. There will be a nice compensation for your trouble.
Examples of PaintingsEdit
See Carl's Sims 3 Guide - Pictures sims have painted for more.
Any painting created by a sim at level 6 or higher has a chance of being "Brilliant", but these paintings will almost always be marked "Brilliant". Paintings available at levels 9 and 10 will be marked "Brilliant" at nearly the same rate. A sim with a very high painting skill will paint Brilliant or better paintings more often than not.
Any painting created by a sim at level 9 or 10 has a chance of being a Masterpiece, but these paintings will always be masterpieces. If you direct a sim to simply "Paint", any Masterpiece he produces will be one of the paintings in this category, or a stylized version of one of them. If you need a Masterpiece in a hurry, you can start paintings and scrap any that aren't in this group.
Allusions of real paintingsEdit
Probably there are more paintings thet are allusions of real paintings. If you find a painting which is an allusion, you can place it here. You can also find out which real painting is one of the following paintings and write it here.
Traits which changes apperance of paintingsEdit
- No following traits - If the Sim has none of the following traits, they will always paint the basic version of the painting.
- Artistic - Gives a water-color effect to the painting, though with highlighted border effects on the object of the painting.
- Can't Stand Art - Darkens the painting with higher contrast and heavier, thicker brush strokes.
- Computer Whiz - Gives the painting a square-tiled effect, obliterating any detail.
- Evil - Tints the picture heavily towards red, most details are left intact.
- Grumpy - Tints the picture heavily towards blue, most details are left intact.
- Genius - Tiles the picture into small white-bordered hexagons/pentagons.
- Insane - Obliterates detail, makes colors more flat and contrasting, shapes become jagged.
- Neurotic - Turns the painting into a bright neon mess.
- Virtuoso - Adds a white flair effect to the painting, most details are left intact.
- The value of the painting will be doubled if the painter dies.
- Painting Skill is only used in the Forensic branch of the Law Enforcement career, the Stylist career and Architectural Designer career.