The Sims: SuperstarEdit
Paparazzi will only appear on Studio Town lots, and have the potential to earn Sims some fame if they are lucky enough. Sims can either choose to pose for a picture or do a publicity stunt. If Sims choose to pose for a picture, they will walk up to the paparazzi and begin flexing their muscles. If the Sim chooses to do a publicity stunt, they will start juggling in front of the paparazzi. If the paparazzi is interested, they will snap a few pictures, and the Sim will gain a few fame points if they are in the fame career. If the paparazzi is disinterested with the Sim, they will simply ignore them and walk away.
The Sims 3: Late NightEdit
Paparazzi are very much a part of the lives of celebrities, taking pictures of and spreading rumors about them. Paparazzi are only drafted from the pool of homeless Sims; otherwise, they are randomly generated homeless Sims. In some cases, like in Sunset Valley, they can become unemployed neighbors.
Paparazzi can appear anywhere at anytime, and are most often seen outside of clubs. They may sneak into a celebrity's home if the gates and/or doors are unlocked. Celebrity Sims may also gain a positive moodlet if they are the center of attention of the paparazzi. However, the Sim may be Publicly Disgraced if a paparazzo/paparazza catches a sim having an affair, skinny dipping, WooHooing with an occult etc., and can sue them for slander. Suing a Sim will cost money, and if the case is lost, all the money invested will be lost with it. However, if a Sim wins the case, they will make a large profit.
- Sims cannot ask paparazzi to leave if they appear on residential lots.
- Strangley, the Sims cannot have paparazzi arrested, even if the paparazzi enters there home. This might be an oversight by the developers, as this is considered trespassing.
- Celebrities can welcome the paparazzi, but they might expose their private life, such as affairs.[confirmation needed]
- Sims can bribe paparazzi by a kiss or WooHoo.
- When two paparazzi spawn outside the gate of a house, they often talk to each other.
- Celebrities can draw attention from paparazzi.
- Paparazzi will follow children to school if they are celebrities, though they don't enter the building.
- Paparazzi can sneak in celebrity homes, parties and clubs (if bouncers aren't looking or gates/doors are unlocked)
- Paparazzi tend to visit exclusive parties in the neighborhoods. They will take a few pictures, talk to a few guests at the party and then leave. Sims cannot get rid of the Paparazzi once they arrive at the party.
- Paparazzi will usually stalk and look inside the windows, disturbing the Sims inside.