Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
The Sims: UnleashedEdit
In The Sims: Unleashed, pet personalities use the same zero-to-ten (actually 0 to 10.00) scale that human Sims do. A pet's personality is split into five sections: Quietness, friendliness, playfulness, smartness, and loyalty. Each scale can be split into three roughly equal parts. When clicked on, each trait will show one of three labels, depending on which part of the scale the pet's score in that trait falls into.
When adopting a pet, the pet's personality is set at random. The player has no control over this, though there are third-party programs and hacked objects which allow players to adjust a pet's personality.
The pre-made strays have no personality points, and pets born in-game will have no personality points.
- Quietness is divided into Loud, Vocal, and Hushed, and affects how likely the pet is to bark or meow. When going from pet to Sim, it becomes neatness.
- Friendliness is divided into Grouchy, Good-natured, and Highly Social, and affects the pet's need for social interactions, and how likely the pet is to accept them. When going from pet to Sim, it becomes outgoingness.
- Playfulness is divided into Lazy, Laid-back, and Energetic, and generally affects how active the pet is. When going from pet to Sim, it becomes activeness.
- Smartness is divided into Slow, Sensible, and Clever, and affects how well a pet can learn skills. When going from pet to Sim, it becomes playfulness.
- Loyalty is divided into Independent, Compliant, and Devoted, and has some effect on how likely the pet is to want to be with its owner(s), though how strong the pet's relationships with them are may have more of an effect. When going from pet to Sim, it becomes niceness.
The Sims 2: PetsEdit
In The Sims 2: Pets, a pet's personality is split into 5 categories:
- Intelligence (Doofus to Genius)
- Genius pets get a bonus when learning behaviors and commands, while Doofus pets learn more slowly. In human traits it is playfulness.
- Activeness (Lazy to Hyper)
- Active pets are more likely to be seen running around the house or chasing other animals than lying around. A lazy animal will more likely be seen lying around on beds, furniture, pet beds, etc. In human traits it is activity.
- Friendliness (Independent to Friendly)
- Friendly pets are more likely to interact with Sims or other animals. Independent pets are less likely to do so, and may not always be willing to accept interactions. In human traits, it is outgoingness.
- Aggression (Cowardly to Aggressive)
- Aggressive pets are more likely to growl and bark when being scolded or when around new people. Cowardly pets won't want to fight and will shy away from new people. In human traits, it is niceness.
- Cleanliness (Pigpen to Finicky)
- Finicky pets are usually neat eaters, and are more likely to care about how clean their food bowls are. They may refuse to eat from the cheaper bowls. Pigpen pets are messy eaters, and will be more likely to dig in the trash for food and not care how dirty their food bowls get. In human traits, it equals neatness.
Each category has three values, the ones at each end, and an in-the-middle average value. For example, a pet could be Hyper, or Lazy, or somewhere in between, but pets don't get the zero-to-ten scale that human Sims do.
Each sign has the following pre-defined traits for pets: