Pizza is a type of food that exists in most games in The Sims series, and is delivered directly to the Sim's house or, with some expansion packs, bought on community lots. Ordering pizza saves the Sim from having to make a meal themselves. Children can also order pizza, and this is one of the few ways they can obtain real food (as they cannot cook). Pizza differs slightly in each game.
In The Sims, a pizza can be ordered at any time of day from a telephone. Deliveries usually take about an hour, but sometimes the delivery guy will arrive early. A pizza contains eight slices, and Sims usually need to eat about three to eight slices to completely fill their hunger need. Ordering pizza costs §40, making it much more expensive than cooking a meal.
The pizza delivery man is named "Pizza Delivery Dude Dale". However, his dialog box describes him as "Freddy the Pizza Dude". This is presumably an oversight on the part of the developers.
Players with the Hot Date expansion pack can have Sims buy a slice of pizza on lots with a Cheap Eats counter.
The Sims 2Edit
Pizza delivery returns in The Sims 2. As in The Sims, ordering a pizza costs §40. If a Sim cannot afford the pizza, the delivery person will take a piece of furniture. A pizza contains eight slices, and Sims usually need to eat about two to four slices to fill their hunger need. If University is installed, Sims in a Greek house may autonomously "visit campus", and bring back a pizza. Pizza cannot be stored in the fridge like other leftovers, but can be placed in a Sim's inventory, where it will keep indefinitely. Eating pizza with a full hunger motive is very bad for a Sim's fitness level, as it lowers it very quickly.
When a Sim with queued actions is told to eat a slice of pizza by clicking on the box, that action will move to the head of the Sim's action queue, but will not cancel what the Sim is doing. However, if a slice of pizza is directly clicked on, the action will be in the back of the queue.
As with most NPCs in The Sims 2, there are several pizza delivery drivers in each neighborhood, and they can be socialized with and added to a family.
When a Sim cleans up the pizza, it becomes a trash bag, and trying to get the pizza back will turn it into cans and boxes.
The Sims 3EditIn The Sims 3, ordering a pizza only costs §30, and a single slice can completely fill a Sim's hunger need. Eating pizza also gives the "Nice Meal" moodlet. Sims can also save leftover pizza in the fridge.
The children of pizza delivery drivers receive the Pizza Appreciator hidden trait. Sims with this trait receive the "Amazing Meal" moodlet every time they eat a slice of pizza. Since pizzas contain meat-product, Vegetarian Sims will experience the "Disgusted" moodlet (-5 for 10 minutes) when they eat pizza.
The Sims 4 EditPizza delivery returns in The Sims 4 and functions similarly to previous games. Sims can order three different kinds of pizzas. Sims can order cheese, pepperoni, or Canadian Bacon, all of which cost §25. Sims can also save leftover pizza in the fridge. Players with the Dine Out game pack can set pizza as one of the menu items in restaurants owned by their Sims. Most pre-made dining lots come with pizza as one of the default menu items.
- The Simlish word for pizza is "Chumcha".
- The pizza delivered in The Sims 2 and The Sims 3 appears to include pepperoni, black olives, and mushrooms as toppings.
- In some versions of The Sims 2 with The Sims 2: University installed, there is the occasional glitch where a Sim living at a Greek house may bring back a trash bag instead of a pizza when visiting campus.
- In some cases in The Sims 3 (console), pizza will sometimes be delivered even though no one in the household has ordered it. This sometimes happens when the camera is away from the house.[confirmation needed]
- In The Sims 2 for console and The Sims 2 Pets for console, this service doesn't exist.
- At the start of The Sims 2, the Curious family have a box of pizza at their house. The Broke family also have a box of pizza.
- In The Sims 3 Pets for 3DS, a pizza delivery outfit is available for purchase, even though there is no actual pizza delivery service in the game.
- In The Sims 4, for the first time in the series, pizza delivery introduces more than one topping option.