In The Sims 2, Obedience Trainers, Garden Club members and Witches sell Lycanthropic-B, Plantophic-C and Witchbegone-E potions respectively. The Gypsy Matchmaker sells all of these, as well as Vamprocillin-D and Love Potion number 8.5.
The Sims: Livin' Large and The Sims 2Edit
Medicine & viruses Edit
The White Potion made with The "Concoctanation Station" chemistry set can cure a sickness. The medicine made with the SimSanto Inc. Biotech Station can cut down the resting time needed to be cured of a sickness, though a Sim with low logic skill and/or who is in a bad mood can create a virus instead. A Sim with very high logic can use the Biotech Station to deliberately make a virus.
Life state cure potions Edit
- Cures Vampirism
- Cures Lycantrophy
- Cures Plantsimism
- Cures Witchiness
Personality changing potions Edit
- Yellow potion[TS:LL]
- This can be crafted with The "Concoctanation Station" chemistry set, and it reverses a Sim's personality forever. The reversal works simply on the 10-point scale; if he had 3 Nice points, he now has 7 Nice points and so on. For example, a playful Sim who drinks this potion will become a serious Sim, and a nice Sim who drinks it may become a mean Sim. Luckily, if the Sim makes another yellow potion and drinks it, they will get their lost personality back.
- Magically Spiced Sugar[TS2:AL]
- This can be crafted by Good Witches and temporarily changes the Niceness of the Sim who drinks one to 10.
- Enchanted Essence of Cur Tails[TS2:AL]
- This can be crafted by Evil Witches and temporarily changes the Niceness of the Sim who drinks one to 0.
- Red potion[TS:LL]
- This potion can be crafted with The "Concoctanation Station" chemistry set, and it makes the Sim who drinks it to fall in love with the Sim of the opposite gender they hate most. They will have maxed relationship points and the love will be mutual. Once the potion is consumed, the Sim's new lover will appear next to the player's Sim and kiss them with a passionate kiss. If the Sim has a partner, they will get jealous and slap the Sim's lover across the face.
- Love Potion Number 8.5[TS2:NL]
- Increases a Sims attractiveness by +50 for three hours, provided that the Sim does not drink another potion during that time. The name is a reference to the movie Love Potion #9, which features a potion with the same name as well the version "#8", both sold by a gypsy.
- Blue potion[TS:LL]
- This potion can be crafted with The "Concoctanation Station" chemistry set, and maximizes three of the Sim's motives. However, if used during the day, there is a 1/3 chance that a policewoman may pass by the Sim's house and charge them §500 for "polluting the atmosphere with strange smells".
- Light Green potion[TS:LL]
- This potion can be crafted with The "Concoctanation Station" chemistry set, and it will decrease all of the Sim's motives at 25%. It is recommended not to let Sims drink this potion, as they may die shortly if their mood is low enough.
Other potions Edit
- Orange potion[TS:LL]
- This potion can be crafted with The "Concoctanation Station" chemistry set, and it will make the Sim invisible, allowing them to use specific interactions on other Sims, without either increasing nor decreasing their relationship.
- Green potion[TS:LL]
- This potion can be crafted with The "Concoctanation Station" chemistry set, and it will create an evil clone of the Sim who drinks it. The clone will walk around the house and use mean interactions on any people there, even on their original self. The victims of the clone will then think that the clone is the actual Sim and decrease their relationship. The clone also has an reversed personality, opposite of the actual Sim's, and will do other things that Sims do in a bad mood, such as grouchily complaining, and if the actual Sim has made gnomes, the clone will kick a gnome in anger, but sometimes that will blow up the gnome and knock the Sim off their feet. The clone may even take the original Sim's child away as if it were a neighbor and disappear forever.
- Purple potion[TS:LL]
- This potion can be crafted with The "Concoctanation Station" chemistry set, and it will transform the Sim into a monster. When this happens, the Sim cannot be controlled or interacted with. The monster will walk around the house, breaking things before switching back to normal. However, the monster has a big passion for painting and will paint masterpieces worth around 500§ whenever it find an easel.
- ReNuYu Porta-Chug[TS2:NL]
- The ReNuYu Porta-Chug appears in the inventory of pre-Nightlife Sims, townies, NPCs, and CAS Sims. When a Sim drinks it, the player can change the turn-ons and turn-offs of said Sim.
Crafting potions Edit
The Sims Castaway Stories PotionsEdit
- Love Struck Potion
- If used on someone, the two Sims will automatically fall in love with each other and will get very high relationship level.
- Elixir of Life
- This potion will bring the player's Sim back on the first day of his or her life stage.
- Penguin Party
- This potion will make penguins suddenly appear around the player's Sim boosting his or her Social motive.
(Note: In The House of Tuzu there is a potion that automatically gets the Sim back in his or her previous life stage on the 1st day (ex. an Elder drinks the potion and becomes an Adult on the 1st day))
The Sims 3Edit
Potions return in The Sims 3: Generations and by buying Lord Vladimir's Magic Cauldron from The Sims 3 Store. Sims are able to create them with the 'Catalyst Chemistry Lab Station, and the number of potions that can be created depends on a Sim's logic skill. After discovering all ten potion types, the Master Chemist Logic Skill Challenge will be completed. Completing this challenge gives a 25% discount on all future potions. Note that some potions, e.g. the Age Freeze potion, can only be obtained through lifetime rewards. Sims can also brew elixirs in The Sims 3: Supernatural, which have even broader and more varied effects than potions.
The Sims 3: GenerationsEdit
Sims have the ability to mix a potion into regular drink, which will be called a 'Mysterious Drink'. This 'Mysterious Drink' looks like a regular drink mixed from the bar, but has exactly the same effect as the original potion when drunk. Only Sims aged children and older are allowed to make and drink potions.
- List of Potions in The Sims 3: Generations
|Image||Potion||Effect||Cost||Cost with discount||Logic level required|
|Mood Enhancer||Gives "Brightened Day" moodlet for 4 hours.||§5||§3||1|
|Drops your Sim's Hygiene to zero and gives Sim the "Smelly" moodlet.||§10||§7||2|
|Liquid Horror||Gives a Sim the Horrified moodlet for 8 hours.||§20||§15||3|
|Radical Reparum||Gives a Sim high handiness skill for 1 hour. Sims will be successful when repairing or upgrading an object and increases the speed of upgrading an object. Gives a Sim the Instant Handiness moodlet.||§50||§37||4|
|Bladder Flow||Reduces a Sim's bladder need to 0.||§75||§56||5|
|Sleeping Elixir||Gives your Sim the "Turbo Sleep" moodlet which makes your Sim's energy need increase faster while sleeping, as well as preventing the Sim from being woken up by any noise.||§90||§67||6|
|Ghost Potion||Temporarily turns a Sim into a ghost of old age for 3 hours. Gives a Sim the Temporarily Undead moodlet.||§125||§93||7|
|Imaginary Friend Metamorphium||
Transforms an Imaginary Friend into a real Sim.
Teleports a Sim back to their home instantly.
|Young Again||Resets a Sim older than Young Adult age back to day 1 of the Young Adult stage.||§5000 or 70,000 Lifetime Happiness||§3750||10|
|Age Freeze||Stops Sim from aging, completely.||65000 Lifetime Happiness||N/A||Cannot be crafted|
|Young Again For Pets||Resets a Pet older than Adult age back to day 1 of the Adult stage.||25,000 Lifetime Happiness||N/A||Cannot be crafted|
The Sims 3 StoreEdit
Another way to make potions is buying Lord Vladimir's Magic Cauldron from the Sims 3 Store. With this, several potions can be made. This is done by adding 'three-of-a-kind'-type items:
|Compulsive Hygiene Potion||Three random metals||The Sim wants to clean himself: brush teeth, wash hands etc.|
|Sleeping Potion||Three random fishes||Sim's energy decreases and they want to sleep|
|Emotion Potion||Three random gems||The Sim wants to romantically socialize: hug, kiss, etc.|
|Vanity Potion||Three random butterflies||The Sim wants to check himself in mirror and change clothes|
|Hunger Potion||Three random food products||Sim's hunger decreases faster and they want to eat|
|Speed Reading Potion||Diamond, Gold, Black Goldfish||After drinking this potion, the Sim finishes reading all books in his inventory|
|Teleportation Potion||Rainbow Butterfly, Lifefruit, Luminorious Gem||After drinking this potion, the Sim rises and may teleport anywhere|
|Sparkle Potion||Rainbow Beetle, Rainbow Trout, Rainbow Gem||Sim's hunger, hygiene and fun needs increases 100% and the house cleans itself|
After drinking the potion, the Sim will get the moodlet "Curiously Compulsive" (+15 Mood, 3 Hours) or "Potent Potables" (+30 Mood, 3 Hours), and during this moodlet, it affects functions.
The cauldron also has a "conjure" feature. By choosing conjure, a new, random item will appear in the cauldron. You can place appearing items from cauldron into the Sim's inventory and choose conjure again and again to make a lot of Simoleons. However, conjuring takes a lot of energy, so if it is used several times in a row, the Sim using it might pass out.
The Sims 4Edit
Children can also make potions as well, with the "Junior Wizard Starter Set". Children with level 7 mental skill can make the "Emotion Potion" and at level 10, they can make the "Stink Drink".
- List of aspiration reward potions
|Instant Fun||Instantly fills the Fun Need!||100|
|Instant Hygiene||Instantly fills the Hygiene Need!||100|
|Confident Potion||Drink this to temporarily make your Sim Confident!||200||Grants a 3-hour moodlet of 100. Master Mixologists can craft this potion for §1000.|
|Energized Potion||Drink this to temporarily make your Sim Energized!||200||Grants a 3-hour moodlet of 100. Master Mixologists can craft this potion for §1000.|
|Flirty Potion||Drink this to temporarily make your Sim Flirty!||200||Grants a 3-hour moodlet of 100. Master Mixologists can craft this potion for §1000.|
|Focused Potion||Drink this to temporarily make your Sim Focused!||200||Grants a 3-hour moodlet of 100. Master Mixologists can craft this potion for §1000.|
|Happy Potion||Drink this to temporarily make your Sim Happy!||200||Grants a 3-hour moodlet of 100. Master Mixologists can craft this potion for §1000.|
|Inspired Potion||Drink this to temporarily make your Sim Inspired!||200||Grants a 3-hour moodlet of 100. Master Mixologists can craft this potion for §1000.|
|Sleep Replacement||Instantly fills the Energy Need!||400|
|Moodlet Solver||Instantly removes all negative moodlets from your Sim.||500|
|Insta-Large||Drink this to become a bigger you!||750|
|Insta-Lean||The most efficient diet beverage on the market.||750|
|Potion of Youth||Drink this to turn back the clock on your Sim's current age.||1500||Resets the Sim's age to the start of that life stage. One of the ingredients for Ambrosia.|
The Sims 4: Get to WorkEdit
With The Sims 4: Get to Work, Sims who are scientists can create potions (known as serums) by having scientific breakthroughs and then creating them by using the chemistry lab. A lot of the serums are very similar to some of the aspiration reward potions.
- List of scientist serums
|Synthetic Food||Fills up the hunger bar.||Any common plant|
|Red Hot||Makes the Sim angry.||1 basil|
|Rose Perfume||Makes the Sim flirty.||1 rose|
|Snake Oil||Cures the Sim's illness.||1 daisy|
|Slimify||Makes the Sim thin.||2 carrots, 2 parsley|
|Ghost Goo||Turns the Sim into a temporary ghost.||3 mushrooms|
|Need Fixer||Fills up all needs.||1 spinach, 2 common metals|
|Embiggen||Makes the Sim fat.||2 plaintains, 2 apples|
|Spark Drive||Makes the Sim energized.||1 strawberry, 1 common crystal|
|Ox Strength||Makes the Sim fit.||2 spinach, 1 common crystal|
|Smart||Gives the Sim a temporary genius trait.||2 chrysanthemum, 2 apples|
|Fixer's Luck||Makes the Sim able to fix broken objects more quickly.||2 upgrade parts|
|Age-Away||Resets the current age of the Sim.||1 quill fruit, 2 alien crystals, 1 xenopetrium|
|Alien Aura||Gives the Sim temporary alien powers.||1 alien metal, 1 alien plant, 1 alien crystal|
|Reaper's Friend||If the Sim dies, the Grim Reaper will resurrect them.||1 death flower, 1 alien crystal|