Pranks are an interaction where one Sim uses physical humor to amuse— or annoy — another Sim, or an interaction involving objects. They were first introduced under that name in The Sims 2: University, though some of the abilities Sims could gain from Crystal Clear Ability Rocks in The Sims: Makin' Magic are essentially pranks.
Pranks have been re-introduced,but are in a different form, in The Sims 3: Generations expansion pack.
The Sims 2Edit
The Sims 2: University introduced three new pranks that one Sim can pull on another. With the new addition of rugs from The Sims 2: Nightlife, children can do a static charge prank. PlantSims have a special prank.
- Ventrilo-Fart - The prankster will break wind and blame it on the victim, causing major humiliation if in a public place.
- Joy Buzzer - The prankster will shake hands with the victim, and electrocute them. This does not result in death, and is more or less harmless to the victim.
- Water Balloon - Pretty straightforward, the prankster splashes a water balloon on the victim's head. A puddle will form under the victim
- Static Charge - Requires a rug, and can only be done by kids. A kid will make static electricity from rugs and electrocute the victim. The electrocution is not deadly.
- Pollen Cloud[TS2:S] - This prank is unique to PlantSims. The PlantSim will blow a cloud of pollen into the victim's face.
Pranks can have a positive or negative effect on two Sims' relationships, depending on how high it is. For example, if a Sim's good friend pulls a prank on them, the outcome will have a positive effect on their relationship. When a Sim's enemy pulls a prank on them, it will have a negative effect on their relationship. The same counts for acquaintances - the higher the relationship, the higher the chance of a positive effect.
There are also pranks which involve objects.
- Fire sprinkler prank[TS2:U] - The prankster will take out a lighter and put it under a sprinkler, causing it to go off
- Soap in fountain prank - The prankster will take out a box of soap and shake some into the fountain, which will cause the fountain to have bubbles coming out of it.
The Sims 3Edit
There are no pranks in The Sims 3 base game, however The Sims 3: Generations adds a pranks system for teenagers. An early game trailer showed a number of pranks, including a Sim lighting off a "stink bomb" in a library . Sims can be punished if they are caught preparing a prank, which will result in the police taking them home. Sims will then be grounded by their parents. Only children and teens can pull pranks. Children can plant booby traps, and teenagers can also prank neighbors and their school. Sims will get a negative moodlet if they get pranked, unless they have a good sense of humor.
- Whoopee Cushion
Sims can rig chairs to make a farting sound.
- Hair Dye in Shower
Sims can set the shower to briefly dye their victim's hair a lurid color.
- Exploding Sink
Sims can rig sinks to squirt all over Sims who try to use them.
- Scary Computer
Sims can program a scary pop-up (similar to that of an internet "Screamer") to the victim's computer that lasts for a few seconds before averting back to its original desktop. The pop-up in question contains a close-up, moving image of Bigfoot from The Sims 2: Bon Voyage accompanied by loud growling.
- Overflowing Toilet
Sims can purposely clog the toilet to make it overflow when flushed.
- Tan Dye[TS3:S]
Sims can rig the dye in the Tanning Booth so another sim using it will get an ugly tan. Similar to the hair dye in shower.
- Ding-Dong Ditch
Sims will ring a neighbor's doorbell then run away.
Sims will throw eggs at a neighbor's house.
- Flaming Bag
Sims can leave a flaming bag filled with an unspecified mess (presumably Flamingo feces as this is used in Nightlife) on a neighbor's porch. When the neighbor sees the flaming bag, they will attempt to stomp out the flames causing them to get the mess on their shoes.
- Stink Bomb
Using the chemistry set, teen Sims can set off stink bombs.
- Prank calls
Teen Sims can make a prank call to random neighbors existing in their phone book list.
Teenagers can also prank their school in a veriety of ways. Getting caught pranking the school will result in both a detention from the school, and a grounding from the teen's parents.
- Flood the school
- Toiletpaper the principal's office
- Steal tests
- Deface the mascot
- Release frogs from the science classroom