Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Various high-quality skin mod packages for male and female Sims have now been created by fans of the game. These can be easily installed in a non-destructive manner and easily uninstalled if it isn't the player's taste of game play. Tested skin mods include:
- (G-rated) Shiny skin textures that more realistically reflect the light than the default flat matte skins (for both male and female Sims)
- (G-rated) More detailed faces (for both male and female Sims)
- (M-rated) Subtle, tasteful nipples (for both male and female Sims) and realistic chest hair (for male Sims), but with barbie doll bottom halves
- (R-rated) Fully realistic top and bottom skins for males and females that show reproductive organs.
As with the No Mosaic mod package that removes the mosaic-blur effect when showering or using the bathroom, it's a matter of personal taste whether some of these more realistic skin options (designated above by the R and M ratings) are lewd or simply realistic and natural. Remember that The Sims games are played in many nations throughout the world and many cultures are not bothered by casual nudity being portrayed in their media or games.
For the adult players reading this article, this is a roadmap that enables The Sims players to safely and non-destructively mod their The Sims/The Sims 3 games to remove all censorship features such as barbie-doll skins, or alternatively to as to improve the visual quality of the barbie doll skins without adding realism that the player might personally find offensive.
Steps to install the above-listed mod packages in order (The Sims)Edit
- Install the "Lite Nude Patch" by Pandorasisms. This removes the grid when the sim is naked (not in the toilet, although the sims are naked when using the vibrating, showers, some custom objects and when some spells in Makin Magic backfire).
- For detailed bodies, install the "Sex Parts Mod" by Pandorasims.
Steps to install the above-listed mod packages in order (The Sims 3) Edit
- Install the No Mosaic modder package as described in mosaic-blur removal. This ensures that the proper Resource.cfg file is in the proper place and that the Mods\Packages folder is in the proper place for the player to easily add all the .package files that compose the above-listed skin mods. NOTE: Removes fire effect in fireplaces, and water from the mini water fountain decor.
- Download HystericalParoxysm's TS3 Skin Replacements (increased texture detail and shine), then extract and install the .package files according to her instructions. Note that each player can pick and choose exactly which features to install. Put the extracted .package files for the features that are chosen in the same Mods\Packages folder that the No Mosaic mod created.
Do not install any of the "More Detailed Bodies" options, and instead get them from here (note that the page may show a 404 error when not logged-in, it's still there).
- Download HystericalParoxysm's increased body detailed textures, then extract the package files and place them in the same Mods\Packages folder that No Mosaic created. Note that these files are direct replacements for some of HystericalParoxysm's files, so the player should not be alarmed if an overwrite notice is seen when these are placed in the Mods\Packages folder. If you do not get an overwrite prompt, you probably didn't complete the last step correctly - make sure to get the adult "More Detailed Bodies" files from the latter link in the previous step, not any of the options from the former link.
This step will install the X-rated option listed above.
- As a final step, the user must delete a particular cache file so that the skins on the game's existing Sims will be updated. If the player does not remove this file and lets the game rebuild it again at the next startup, only new Sims that are created will use the new skin overrides. Look in My Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\ and delete the file called simCompositorCache.package.