This article is missing information about The Sims 4.
The Sims Edit
In The Sims the household loses an amount of money each time a Sim takes food from their refrigerator, but refrigerators are always full. The quality of the refrigerator will affect how satisfying a meal is; more expensive refrigerators will produce more satisfying meals.
The Llamark cools perishables at temperatures ranging from "Medium" to "Coolest". Patented gas technology produces only minimal carbon monoxide emissions. Comes with shelves, drawers, door and a little inside light that goes on and off.Price: §600
Required pack: none
Porcina Refrigerator Model P1g-SEdit
State of the art cooling technology and standard aesthetics meet head on in the Porcina P1g-S. Ample door and freezer spaces eliminate bottlenecks in the fridge-to-mouth food pipeline. Flip & Glide SpillNot shelves. Backup compressor. Deli drawer. Egg couch. Meat hanger. Feed trough. No longer available in Avocado, Chocolate or Harvest Gold.
Required pack: none
Freeze Secret RefrigeratorEdit
The brainchild of reclusive Shiny Things Inc. founder Malcolm Landgraab, the Freeze Secret exploits experimental cryogenic technology. Utilizing a combination of liquid sulfur dioxide and argon in a low gravity vacuum, perishables are kept fresh for generations. High impact stainless steel and modern design make this the veritable ice queen of refrigeration.
Required pack: none
Olde Thyme Victual PreservatoriumEdit
Before electricity, keeping food cold was an art form in itself. On the outside, the Preservatorium proudly displays the rich, decorative iron and zinc work characteristic of the period. On the inside, a controlled reaction of barium hydroxide octahydrate and ammonium thiocyanate yields a controlled endothermic reaction that chills the food, while leaving only faint whiffs of ammonia and water condensation
Required pack: Livin' Large
La Frigorifero by BelconiEdit
Living the rural Italian life in today's world isn't easy. Once in a while, everyone needs basic modern conveniences -like hydraulic fridge doorstops and a ColderIce freeze-injection system. For the first time, Belconi brings these cutting-edge modern conveniences to you in a stylish cabinet-front exterior that will have your neighbors thinking that you're still living in the Renaissance. "For the best in culinary satisfaction - go from Belconi to the belly!
Required pack: Makin' Magic
Note: If Superstar is installed, the butler will not recognize this fridge.
- Due to the way objects work in The Sims, recolors of Maxis objects are separate objects. Therefore, recolors of Maxis fridges may have prices and Hunger values that are different from the originals.
The Sims 2 Edit
Refrigerators in The Sims 2 ship with a full food supply. As the food in a refrigerator is used, a family member must buy more, either at a grocery store or by calling for delivery. In The Sims 2, each unit of food costs §2, though food bought from a Sim-owned business[OFB] may cost more. Sims will usually put groceries in the refrigerator, but may put them on a counter or other surface. If this happens, the player can click on the basket and select "Put Away". If a Sim bought groceries from more than one display, whether in a business or on a normal community lot, there will be a basket for each display the Sim bought from. However, only the first basket will automatically be put away or put down; others will have to be removed from the Sim's inventory and put away. While buying from multiple displays, especially in a business, adds a touch of realism, there is no other reason to do it.
Starting with The Sims 2: Seasons, refrigerators can store leftovers, which will stay good indefinitely. Seasons also allows refrigerators to be stocked with stocked with produce, which will also stay good indefinitely.
In The Sims 2: Open for Business, refrigerators on owned community lots do not need to be stocked, but the business will be charged every time a Sim takes food from them. Likewise, in The Sims 2: University, a secret society will be charged whenever its refrigerator is used, but the refrigerator will always be fully stocked. Also, the food supply of a refrigerator in a dormitory cafeteria will not diminish when food is made by the cafeteria attendant, but will diminish when dorm residents take food from it.
All refrigerators in The Sims 2 have the same Hunger value, but the more expensive models will hold more food than the cheaper ones. If a refrigerator is stocked with produce, food will be cooked with it and have a higher hunger value.
"MMM" Mini FridgeEdit
- Bust out the juice and cookies! This tiny "MMM" mini fridge turns any dorm room into an instant fast food joint as it meets the monstrous-midnight-munchies head-on. With 5 cooling levels and refillable ice-cube tray, although you might miss a real kitchen, the mini-fridge is enough to satisfy your Sim's snack cravings. And, the next party is just a short door away!
Available colours: brown, white, black
Requires packs: University
Notes: Half-height. Can be placed under a counter, but does not have to be. If not placed under a counter, its top serves as a counter, and can be used to hold objects or for food prep. Can prepare a TV Dinner and Cup o' Ramen if a microwave is available; otherwise can only prepare snacks and cold foods, even though TV Dinners can be prepared in toaster ovens and regular ovens. Sims cannot get baby bottles from a mini fridge.
- The freshman addition to this best-selling furniture line takes the Wornable feel from the living room into the kitchen. Sure to match any décor, or at least look like it used to match it at some point in time. This refrigerator will welcome you into its world with open doors. Though it might seem like lofty praise for such a simple item, the Wornable Fridge will pull a room together.
Available colours: green, gold, pink, grey
Requires packs: University
Notes: The Wornable Fridge appears to be a well-used "Econocool" refrigerator.
Brand Name "EconoCool" RefrigeratorEdit
- When you're watching every penny, the last thing you need is spoiled food that looks like some third grade science experiment. This value-priced refrigerator gives you low food-preservation temperatures at a low price. So you can enjoy your chef's salad, hot dogs, salmon filets, or other favorite eats — for less. At Brand Name, "We've got inexpensive food storage down cold."
Available colours: green, cream, orange, pink, off-white, avocado
Requires packs: none
Ciao Time Bovinia Refrigerator Model BRRREdit
- Now your favorite foods and drinks can chill out and cool off in style. Extra-wide door keeps everything within quick and easy reach of the hand (and mouth). Unique "OdorAble" feature disguises those gag-inducing refrigerator smells. Separate drawers for meat, vegetables, eggs, and butter to keep everything from tasting like the cheese you keep forgetting to throw out.
Requires packs: none
Solid Sense Fridge by Romantic NotionsEdit
- Those were simpler times. Afternoons on the porch, morning breakfast on the skillet, and cars kicking up dirt from the road when they drove by. The Solid Sense Fridge is modeled after those times. Its simple exterior boasts expertly painted plastic and stainless steel handles while its interior keeps food cold.
Requires packs: Kitchen & Bath Interior Design Stuff
- Originally developed to freeze the rich eccentrics awaiting medical breakthroughs, this fridge slows down subatomic particles to absolute stillness. This effectively stops time for the food placed within the unit, and can preserve the freshness of your groceries until many, many, many, many years after your death.
Available colours: stainless, dark pink, blue, green
Requires packs: FreeTime
The Coldinator by KitchensationsEdit
- A smooth and beautiful painted metal surface, stainless steel handles and a modern yet timeless shape are amongst the most salient features of the Coldinator, a refrigerator that keeps cold things cold and looks good doing it.
Available colours: white, black, yellow, orange
Requires packs: Kitchen & Bath Interior Design Stuff
- Custom content is not listed. Some users may have additional content downloaded from TheSims2.com Exchange or other third party websites.
The Sims 3 Edit
In The Sims 3, ingredients can be bought, caught, or grown, and stored in a refrigerator. If an ingredient that's needed to cook a meal is missing from both the refrigerator and the Sim's inventory, in order to prepare the meal, the Sim will purchase the ingredient for more money than it would cost to buy it from the grocery store.
Unlike The Sims 2, in which leftovers never spoil, leftovers will eventually spoil in The Sims 3, and the quality/price of the refrigerator has an impact on how long leftovers can be stored before spoiling. Spoiled meals can be cleaned out of the refrigerator by Sims or the maid. Spoiled food in a refrigerator gives a negative moodlet to Sims just as left out spoiled food does: they become Disgusted.
The food stored in the fridges in The Sims 3 doesn't seem to depend on the fridge that's on the lot. For example, if the player first deletes a fridge then buys a new fridge, the new fridge will have all the food that was in the old fridge. Also, if there are multiple fridges on the lot, they all have the same contents; removing one item from one fridge removes it from all of the other fridges.
Woah there, Chillsworth! Relax, slow down... chill. The Chilgood Fridge isn't your standard, uptight high value refrigerator. It has no posh notions. It just is, man. Keep your food and vibes cool with the Chillgood!
The Chillgood Fridge is available in preset silver, gray, and brown. It has a hunger value of 5. Players should not buy this fridge if they can afford another as eating leftovers from a Chillgood Fridge can randomly give Sims the negative "Tastes Like Fridge" moodlet.
2-Door Galore RefrigeratorEdit
With the 2-Door Galore, your options for food storage increase dramatically. You can put all your refrigerated food in one side and the frozen in the other. Or you could put all your odd food in one side and the even in the other. The choice is yours.
The 2-Door Galore Refrigerator is available in preset silver, gray, and white. It has a hunger value of 6. In addition, this refrigerator is possibly the most common one, appearing in several houses.
Traditionally, refrigerator drawers have been called "crispers", despite the fact that they have no actual crisping capabilities whatsoever. It's time to stop the pretense and just call it a drawer. At least that's what the makers of the Icebox Drawer tell themselves every day.
The Icebox Drawer is available in preset gray, white, black, and red. It has a hunger value of 7.
The Fresher RefrigeratorEdit
Keep food fresh - practically forever - with the Fresher Refrigerator. Packed with nooks and crannies to store your potent potables, your vegetables will shiver from this appliance to your plate to make food taste better than ever.
The Fresher Refrigerator is available in numerous colors. It has a hunger value of 8, and an environment score of 4.
MinusOne Kelvin Refrigerator Edit
To some scientists, zero degrees Kelvin is the absolute lowest theoretical temperature possible. That didn't stop us at MinusOne Kelvin industries from patenting the name. MinusOne Kelvin: better than the best refrigerator theoretically possible!
- -1 Kelvin is actually a non-existent temperature. 0 Kelvin (-273.15 degrees Celsius / -459.67 degrees Fahrenheit) is the theoretical 'absolute zero': the minimum possible temperature, at which there is zero energy in a system: particles are completely motionless. It can never be achieved in practice.
- The temperature range at which nitrogen is a liquid under atmospheric pressure is actually 63K to 77K.
- It is not available for purchase even when using the buydebug cheat. However, with the cheat, the player may duplicate the refrigerator for §4,000 each.
Fridge of the FutureEdit
Embrace the future of yesterday's tomorrow by installing the Fridge of the Future in your home. Pull open the mid-century Atomic Age design doors and enjoy icy cold food cooled by liquid nitrogen. Install the same technology used by astronauts in your home today!
The Fridge of the Future Refrigerator is available in silver, red, and black. This fridge was introduced in The Sims 3: Late Night. It is an expensive fridge catering to that expansion pack's theme of Celebrity Status. It has a hunger value of 9, and an environment score of 6.
With separate controls for the upper and lower compartments, the Petite Breeze offers the ultimate temperature control for discerning connoisseurs. This stylish compact refrigerator is triple coated with a proprietary eco-shield that withstands even the harshest elements. The elegant design is sure to be the centerpiece of your outdoor oasis for years to come.
The Petite Breeze refrigerator was introduced with The Sims 3: Outdoor Living Stuff. It has a hunger value of 6.
Frosty the FridgeEdit
Those who live in glass houses should get a glass refrigerator to match. Keep your food and beverages frosty cold with this frosted-glass front fridge!
The Frosty the Fridge refrigerator was introduced with The Sims 3: Generations. It has a hunger value of 8, and an environment score of 5.
Ranchero Refrigerator by SimKingEdit
SimKing's advanced kitchen technology and design brings you this southwestern-style ice box. Live life in the country without sacrificing the conveniences of modern technology. "Rough it, but don't" is their motto.
The Ranchero Refrigerator by SimKing refrigerator was introduced with The Sims 3: Pets. It has a hunger value of 8, and an environment score of 4.
Old Looking New FridgeEdit
Old refrigerators are terrible. They're clunky and dangerous. Get rid of that nasty old fridge and treat yourself to a fridge that only looks old! Those are amazing! Shiny new refrigerators that only look old consistently win Customer Favorite every year at FridgeCon. Shouldn't your kitchen have a new Old Looking Refrigerator?The Old Looking New Fridge refrigerator was introduced with The Sims 3: Supernatural. It has a hunger value of 8, and an environment score of 4.
A lightweight refrigerator ideal for students or anyone who loves snacking. Those seeking full meals, look elsewhere. Put one in every room for easy access to your snacks!The Manse Mini-Fridge refrigerator was introduced with The Sims 3: University Life. It has a hunger value of 5.
After centuries of global warming, Simkind finally hit upon the solution to this global crisis: build more refrigerators! Do your part for the environment with this glacially powerful appliance.The Plastocene Refrigerator refrigerator was introduced with The Sims 3: Into the Future. It has a hunger value of 8, and an environment score of 4.
Consoles, handheld and mobile games Edit
This article is missing information about Consoles, handheld and mobile games.
The Urbz: Sims in The CityEdit
The look is retro, but "cool" is a better word for this energy conserving showcase of low-temp "O-zone" technology. Door activity controls air-flow rate. The more you eat, the cooler it goes, so KEEP ON EATING!
It can be bought in all districts.
"Savor Saver" Iridium FridgeEdit
ConsuMore Inc. does it again! More room, more shelving, more places to stuff food than any other refrigerator on the market! And that's not all! With our award-winning stainless designs blessing your kitchen, you'll have a feast for the eyes, as well your guts!
It can be bought at South Side Bridge.
"The Thing" Commercial FreezerEdit
When they say "just stick it in The Thing," they mean stick it in the largest, coldest, freezer on the market today! Quad compressors. 4 dimensional drawers. WitchTitt ice dispenser. Glass allow browsing before binging.
It can be bought at Diamond Heights.
The Sims 2 (Console)Edit
In The Sims 2 series for consoles, meals must be created by combining ingredients, and cheaper refrigerators give fewer ingredient options than more expensive ones. The only way to obtain ingredients would be to grow them, to harvest them from a fish tank, or to purchase them directly from the refrigerator. Each ingredient is priced differently and affects bladder and hunger urgencies differently.