The repairman is an NPC that will repair broken objects and unclog the toilet. He/She visits only once when called from the Service menu on the phone and leaves once everything is fixed. In The Sims and The Sims 2, he/she will also leave if he/she is unable to reach the broken object.
In the console version of The Sims 2 Pets, the repairman is renamed as Repair Woman (Console versions) and Repair Person (PSP Version). In the PC and Mac versions of The Sims 2, there are three repairman NPCs, who may be male or female.
The repairman fixes:
- Showers and bathtubs
- Television sets
In The Sims 2, the repairman will also tune pianos.
Sometimes the repairman will not have ANY mechanical skill.
In The Sims 2, repair service is not available around the clock, though it can be called at any time. A repairman will work between 09:00 and 17:00 (5:00 pm). However, for same-day service, it's best to call before 13:00 (1:00 pm). After that, the later the call, the more likely it is that the repairman won't come until the next morning, even if called before 17:00 (5:00 pm). Also, the repairman will charge a base fee of §10, in addition to the standard §50 per hour.
In The Sims 3 clicking on a broken object gives the option to "Call Repairman." It will cost §50 for the Repairman to fix the object.
Player Tips Edit
- In The Sims: Bustin' Out (GBA) and The Urbz: Sims in the City (GBA and DS), Sims can get free repairs by leaving before the repairman finishes repairing the object.
- In The Sims 2, Sims with little or no Mechanical skill can repair broken sinks, showers, and bathtubs, though it'll take longer. If a sink, shower, or tub breaks during the evening or at night, it'll get fixed sooner if the Sims do it themselves than if they wait for the repairman.
- Objects on University dormitory are immune to breakdowns and never need to be repaired.
- In The Sims 2: Open for Business, the repairman will not turn off a broken RoverBot or HoverBot.
- In The Sims: Bustin' Out, there has been known to be a problem with the 9 screen TV. The repairman will not leave unless the TV is off (the player may need to do turn it off repeatedly). It does not happen with other TVs.