The Urbz: Sims in the CityEdit
This section describes features that are only available in The Urbz: Sims in the City.
Rep is determined by your relationship with Urbz, Urbz can go from Level 0 to Level 100. The maximum Rep an Urb can have is 999. Rep is on the HUD and when it gets to the big Star, the Rep level will go up. Socializing with Urbz to build relationship will increase your Reputation. Rep is needed to get into VIP Rooms, go to new areas and get new items (Such as a new Skill Builder machine), and as well as seeing your Urb on posters.
The Sims 2: Apartment LifeEdit
This section describes features that are only available in The Sims 2: Apartment Life.Belladonna Cove Sims start from this level. Below are the levels of reputation:
|Score Range||Negative Reputation||Score Range||Positive Reputation|
|-19 – 0||Average Cabbage||0 – 19||Average Cabbage|
|-39 – -20||Dubious Delinquent||20 – 39||Amicable Acquaintance|
|-59 – -40||Lousy Loser||40 – 59||Reputable Resident|
|-79 – -60||Malodorous Menace||60 – 79||Distinguished Do-gooder|
|-99 – -80||Dirty Dirt Bag||80 – 99||Prominent Personality|
|-100||Sleazy Slimeball||100||Sociable Celebrity|
Sims can gain or lose reputation by socializing on a community, dorm, or hotel lot. Certain social interactions may allow Sims to gain or lose reputation on a residential lot. Other unplayables, such as townies or visiting Sims on community lot also gain reputation. To increase reputation, Sims must do good interactions to other Sims, such as admiring Sims, telling jokes, or giving them a friendly hug. On the other hand, doing bad interactions will worsen their reputation, such as gossiping, arguing, fighting, and so on.
Having a good reputation will give benefits to Sims, while a bad reputation will give penalties. This is known as secret networking. Nearby Sims will react well or poorly to a Sim depending on the Sim's reputation. Other benefits and penalties include as follows:
|20||Amicable Acquaintance||Chance of accepting friendly socials increased|
|20||Amicable Acquaintance||Initial relationship score boost for newly met Sims by 15 daily and 5 lifetime relationship|
|30||Amicable Acquaintance||Chance of a secret networking benefit or penalty increased by 10%|
|40||Reputable Resident||Other nearby Sims react with positive behaviors|
|50||Reputable Resident||Party, date, and outing score boosted by 15|
|50||Reputable Resident||Other Sims react with positive gestures when interacting|
|60||Distinguished Do-gooder||Job performance boosted by 10|
|80||Prominent Personality||Chance of accepting romantic socials increased|
|-20||Dubious Delinquent||Chance of rejecting friendly socials increased|
|-20||Dubious Delinquent||Initial relationship score reduce for newly met Sims by -15 daily and 5 lifetime relationship|
|-30||Dubious Delinquent||Number of available roommates decreased|
|-40||Lousy Loser||Other nearby Sims react with negative behavior|
|-50||Lousy Loser||Apartment neighbors complain more often|
|-50||Lousy Loser||Other Sims react with negative gestures when interacting|
|-60||Malodorous Menace||Job performance reduced by -10|
|-80||Dirty Dirtbag||Chance of rejecting romantic socials increased|
When a Sim meets a new townie for the first time, there is a 30% chance he/she will be given a secret networking depending on their relationship. If a Sim interacts well and gains enough daily relationship, he/she might be given a beneficial network. On the other hand, making a bad impression will make the Sim be given a penalty network. Secret networking can only be received by newly met townies; if the townie has given a network, or if the townie didn't give one at the first time they met, he/she will never network again. Other than townies, apartment neighbors and roommates may also give Sims a secret network.
Secret networking does not depend on a Sims reputation, though high reputation does increase the chance. Instead, it depends on the first impression a Sim shows to another. Thus, network can be received in residential lots. Each townie gives only one network to one particular Sim or none at all, and never twice.
Secret Networking BenefitsEdit
If a Sim makes a good impression to a townie, something good can come to them from it. They might receive one of these benefits. Inexplicably, these benefits are not available to young adults, even though a young adult townie may be the one giving the benefit.
- Free Hi-Tech Object
- Sim will be given either Little Sister WD15 Computer or Soma "Wall-Eye" Large Screen Flat-Panel TV to their inventory directly.
- Lower Rent
- A Sim who receives this benefit will have their rent lowered by 10% the next time they pay their rent. This benefit, however, won't stack if other household members also receive this. This benefit works like a memory token, so the benefit sticks with the Sim forever, not the family. Thus, if the Sim moves out, the other household members will have to pay the normal rent price. If the Sim rents another apartment, they still retain the benefit.
- Introduction to a New Sim
- Three hours later after the Sim receives this offer (or three hours later after they come home from community lot), there will be a phone call of the newly introduced Sim. The initial relationship will be higher than usual. If, somehow Sim has met with the new Sim before the phone call, there won't be any incoming phone calls.
- Cheaper Catalog Objects
- Sim and the other member of the household will get a 10% discount for all objects in the catalog. Similar to Lower Rent benefit, this benefit belongs to one Sim, not the family. If other household members also gain this benefit, the discount won't stack. This benefit, however, will stack with the Wholesale business perk. So Sim with Shark of Sharks perk will get 40% discount off, for 30% from the perk and extra 10% from the benefit.
- Good Reputation
- Sim who is not in Sociable Celebrity reputation will gain +30 reputation score boost.
- Instant Promotion
- The next time Sim goes to work, they will be guaranteed a promotion. There won't be a chance card when Sim receives this benefit.
- Higher Wages
- Sim will get a 5% raise for their wages. This is similar to Skilled Negotiator Fortune aspiration benefit, which will also add an extra raise.
- Nice Job in a New Career
- Sim will be offered a new job on different career track. This might be a good opportunity, as the starting level is usually around level 3, 4, or 5.
- Instant Blind Date
- Requires Nightlife. Sim will be offered a blind date right on the spot. A Sim with the preferred gender and maximum chemistry will be generated for the Sim's date, just like gypsy matchmaker's service. Be careful, though, because even Sim's romantic interest can offer this network, and choosing "Yes" will instantly cause Sim to be cheating.
Secret Networking PenaltiesEdit
Contrary to benefits, making bad impression to Townies will make things worse.
- Job Demotion
- The next time Sim goes to work, they will be guaranteed a demotion. There won't be a chance card when Sim receives this benefit.
- Higher Rent
- Sim who receives this benefit will have their rent raised by 5% the next time they pay their rent. This penalty, however, won't stack if other household members also receive this. Similar to Lower Rent benefit, this penalty will stick with the Sim. So, whenever this Sim moves out and rents another apartment, he/she will still have to pay the extra rent.
- Office Pariah
- Sim's friend requirement for promotion is increased by 1. This penalty can be erased when the Sim finds a new job or quits their current job.
- Bad Reputation
- Sim who is not in Sleazy Slimeball reputation will lose 30 reputation score.
- More Expensive Catalog Objects
- Sim and the other member of the household will get a 5% extra tax for all objects in the catalog. Similar to Higher Rent penalty, this penalty belongs to one Sim, not the family. If other household members also gain this penalty, the tax won't stack. This penalty, however, will cut the discount price of the Wholesale business perk. This penalty, unlike the Cheaper Catalog Objects benefit, will last for 72 hours.
The Sims 3: GenerationsEdit
Reputation is re-introduced in the Generations expansion pack and carried forward in patch 22, and unlike the feature from Apartment Life, the reputation involves romance instead of social relationships. Sims could attain a romantic reputation based on the romantic relationships a Sim has. Other people will notice when the Sims have dates, displays affection towards other Sims, or performs other romantic interactions. This is tracked in a scrapbook and may display the Sim's reputation. Once gained, romantic reputations can only be cleared with Clean Slate lifetime reward.
The factors tracked in the Scrapbook that determine which romantic reputation the Sim will have are: the number of romantic relationships developed in the Sim's lifetime, the number of times the Sim has cheated on romantic partners and the longest romance the Sim has had. The possible reputations are as follows:
- None - Sim currently has no relationships.
- Monogamous Options
- Faithful - Sim has only had one relationship in their life, which has lasted for 12 days or more.
- Eternally Faithful - Sim has only had one relationship in their life, which has lasted for 20 days or more.
- Exploring their Options - Sim has had 3 or more relationships in their life, none at the same time.
- Player - Sim has had 9 or more relationships in their life, none at the same time.
- Don Juan (males) - Sim has 15 or more relationships in their life, none at the same time.
- Man Eater (females) - Sim has 15 or more relationships in their life, none at the same time.
- Non Monogamous Options
- Naughty - Sim has 2 or more relationships at the same time and has not been caught by their partners.
- Manipulator – Sim has 4 or more relationships at the same time and has not been caught by their partners.
- Casanova (males) – Sim has 7 or more relationships and has not been caught by their partners.
- Natasha (females) – Sim has 7 or more relationships and has not been caught by their partners.
- Cheater – Sim has one or more betrayals.
- Dirtbag – Sim has 4 or more betrayals.
- Slimeball – Sim has 10 or more betrayals.
- In order to obtain any of the listed reputations, your actions have to get noticed by the community. For example, a Sim will not obtain "Faithful" until they have been seen, in public, with their partner for 12 days. To get "Naughty," the Sim has to be seen committing a Betrayal, but will not become a "Cheater" unless the person who sees them knows the Sim's current partner.
- Casual romance options, serenading, and singing does not count toward forming a relationship or toward a Betrayal. Conversely, a Sim does not actually have to start dating another Sim to be in a relationship. Kissing and WooHoo-ing with a Sim count as forming a relationship and as Betrayal.
- Celebrities get the reputation of "Cheater" much easier than regular Sims. If they are seen in public flirting and showing romantic intentions towards another Sim, other than their partner, they may be publicly disgraced, get the "Cheater" reputation and be accused of infidelity by their partner, even if they have not become a romantic interest of the Sim they were flirting with.
- A Sim's death does not end their relationship. Beginning a new relationship after a Sim's partner has died is still considered a Betrayal.
- Sims who have the "Cheater," "Dirtbag," or "Slimeball" reputation have a harder time when trying to seduce others, based on whether the Sim they are trying to seduce knows that they have Betrayed or not.
- "Faithful" and "Eternally Faithful" both provide a permanent moodlet (until one of the Sims in the relationship either commits a Betrayal or dies).
- WooHoo-ing with a Sim who is a "Don Juan," "Man Eater," "Casanova," or "Natasha" will give a Sim the moodlet "Incredible Time".
- The lifetime reward Clean Slate removes a Sim's reputation (and resets their relationship length.) Another lifetime reward, Above Reproach reduces the chance that a Sim's actions will affect their reputation.
- ↑ Sims don't have to use community lots to gain reputation.. Mod The Sims. Retrieved 15 December 2014.
- ↑ See discussion on talk page.