The Roth family is an obvious parody of the Goth family with younger versions of Cassandra (Sandra Roth), Mortimer (Morty Roth) and Bella (Stella Roth) present. The family member most similar to their Goth counterpart is Xander (Alexander Goth).
The house is almost identical to the Goth house. They are by far the richest members of Riverblossom Hills neighborhood. The Roth family address is 208 Welsh Lane. Stella and Morty's relationship is very poor and it is never explicitly explained why their marriage turned sour.
Old German origin meaning "red." Possibly refers to hair or complexion.
Members and Goth Family Counterparts
In the parenthesis show the counterparts to the Goth family. Note that not all the counterparts are direct parodies.
- Stella Roth (Bella Goth)
- Morty Roth (Mortimer Goth)
- Sandra Roth (Cassandra Goth)
- Xander Roth (Alexander Goth)
- Betty Goldstein No Goth counterpart unless Frida Goth has a child
- Cassidy Roth (Deceased) (Gunther Goth)
- Annabelle Goldstein (Deceased) (Frida Goth)
- Gavin Goldstein (Deceased) No Goth counterpart unless Frida Goth gets married
- Sara Roth (Deceased) (Cornelia Goth)
- Tyronne Roth (Deceased) (Victor Goth)
- Justine Roth (Deceased) (Gretel Goth)
- Jonathan Hickey (Deceased) (Simon Crumplebottom)
- Jennifer Hickey (Deceased) (Prudence Crumplebottom)
- James Chesterson (Deceased) (Simis Bachelor)
- Sally Chesterson (Deceased) (Jocasta Bachelor)
- Homer Chesterson (Deceased) (Milton Bachelor)
- Tabitha Chesterson (Deceased) (Enriqueta Bachelor)
- Nathaniel Goldstein (Deceased) No Goth counterpart unless Frida Goth's husband has a father
- Carmela Goldstein (Deceased) No Goth counterpart unless Frida Goth's husband has a mother
- Harlow Swank (Deceased) (Jocasta Bachelor's unknown father)
- Edna Swank (Deceased) (Jocasta Bachelor's unknown mother)
Similarities to the Goths
The Roth family has various resemblances to the Goth family. The most obvious is that the names are very similar. The family names are almost identical, with only the first letter being different. Morty and Xander are very similar to Mortimer and Alexander, and could easily be short forms of those names. Likewise, Stella is similar to Bella, as is Sandra to Cassandra. They also have a mirror-reversed version of the Goth household, although the house is much brighter than the Goths' home. Another similarity between Bella and Stella is that they both wear a red dress, and Stella has similar hobbies to Bella (playing piano, painting).
Differences from the Goths
The Roths are similar to the Goths on many levels, but they are also very different. For instance, the Roths dress much more brightly than the Goths, with the exception of Morty who wears a black uniform while Mortimer wears a red one. Stella (The Roths' version of Bella Goth) hasn't disappeared, and remains with her family. Most of the family do not notably resemble the Goths in facial features, as the Roths have shorter and wider faces, and more prominent ears. The Roths aren't as popular or well known in Riverblossom Hills as the Goths are in Pleasantview, probably because the Roths are still new to their hometown. The Roths are also much less wealthy than the Goths. Stella has the Popularity Aspiration while Bella has the Romance Aspiration. The most notable difference may be the Roths' dress code and lifestyle. While the Goths mainly dress in dark, traditional-style clothes, the Roths are very notably more modern and "cooler" than the Goth family. The Goths always believed in traditional, strict upbringing, while the Roths are all about being modern. Annabelle Goldstein, who appears to be a parody of Frida Goth, was married and had a child, Betty Goldstein, while Frida apparently never married or had children. Also, while Stella and Morty's relationship seems to have turned sour, Bella and Mortimer appear to have always been very much in love with each other.
|The Roth Family|
|Stella - Morty - Sandra - Xander - Cassidy - Sara - Tyronne - Justine|