Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Sad is an emotion available in The Sims 4. It occurs when a Sim has gone through a somewhat traumatic experience. This emotion can evolve into very sad.
Interactions and Activities Edit
Sims will only have a chance to use these interactions and do these activities while sad.
- Complain about Problems
- Ask for Advice
- Gloomy Compliment
- Attempt to Flirt
- Give Yourself a Pep Talk (mirror)
- Call Sadness Hotline
- Cry it Out (bed)
- Cry it Out (closet)
- Swim Around Sadly
- Water plant with tears (requires level 2 of Gardening skill)
Interactions on Sad Sims Edit
Sims will only have a chance to use these interactions with a sad Sim.
- Try to cheer up
- Console about death: A ghost sim can console a sad Sim who witnessed his death or is mourning him
Supportive Traits Edit
These traits affect how often a Sim is sad.
- Family Oriented Sims will become Sad if they do not interact with family members for a time.
- Good Sims will become Sad when interacting with an Evil Sim.
- Family Oriented Sims will become Sad if they have not conceived after Try for Baby.
Object Auras Edit
Sad paintings (made by Sims having sad emotion or having the Expressionist Aspiration Reward Trait) have sadness aura and, if Emotional Aura is enabled, they affect Sims that are in the same room as the painting.
Careers and Jobs Edit
No Careers benefit from the Sim being Sad or have it as their Ideal Emotion.