A scientific breakthrough is a feature in The Sims 4: Get to Work. Scientific breakthroughs are an event when Sims have a revelation in which helps Sims figure out new recipes for serums and inventions they can build with the Invention Constructor.
Scientific breakthroughs happen when a Sim who works in the science career does something that inspires them. Some interactions, such as reading a book, using a microscope, or tinkering will have a light bulb next to them. When Sims do the interaction a light bulb appears above their head and when it is lit up the Sim will have a breakthrough shouting "euronka!" at the new discovery. There are four levels to a scientific breakthrough: 25%, 50%, 75% and 100%.
When a Sim is focused they will receive a scientific breakthrough much faster.
When a Sim makes a scientific breakthrough, Sims can check their notebook using a computer or their phone. New discoveries are listed under the "serums" and "inventions" tabs.
Interactions that cause a Scientific BreakthroughEdit
Here is a list of interactions which can help Sims get more scientific breakthroughs:
- Using a Microscope
- Brainstorming at the Invention Constructor
- Experimenting at the Chemistry Lab
- Viewing Paintings
- Playing Chess
- Taking "Thoughtful" showers
- Viewing scientific objects
- The word Sims shout when achieving a scientific breakthrough, Euronka, is the Simlish version of the word Eureka, Eureka is also a word used to celebrate a discovery or invention, this word is a Transliteration of an exclamation attributed to the Ancient Greek Mathematician and Inventor Archimedes.
- Scientific breakthrough is mentioned if your sim has it as a Lifetime wish.