Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Sim fails certain scenarios in The Sims 3, they will become singed. This is a very common penalty throughout the game. Being singed consists of both a cosmetic penalty - Sims become sooty and black, with messy hair standing on its end and end up in just their underwear - and a negative moodlet. The cosmetic penalty will disappear when the Sim bathes, but the moodlet may not. If a Sim tries to repair an electrical item while singed, the chance of getting killed by electrocution is 100%. Also if a singed Sim is set on fire, they will die by fire immediately with no chance of being put out.
Being singed also prevents humans and vampires (and ghosts of humans or vampires) from changing clothes until they take a shower/bath or use a Shower in a Can[TS3:WA]. If the player tries to have them change clothes by using Change Outfit..., the message "Can't change clothes while singed!" will appear.
Sims such as a human and vampires that are caught in a Fire Trap and singed by it will cause a warning to appear. SimBots, being immune to fire, do not get the message. Ghosts can get the message from being singed by fire, but they cannot be killed by it.
How to cure being SingedEdit
- Taking a bath or shower
- Using the Shower in a Can[TS3:WA]
- Using the Good Times Karma power[TS3C]
- Removing the "Singed" moodlet then changing clothes by using the Moodlet Manager (pre-1.42 version) or testing cheats (CTRL+clicking the moodlet)
If Good Times[TS3C] or the Moodlet Manager are used to remove Singed, the Sim can change their clothes. However, the player will still not be allowed to change clothes through the dresser or use the Catalyst Chemistry Lab Station.[TS3:G]
Life States that can be singedEdit
Tasks That Can Get a Sim SingedEdit
- A Culinary career event
- A Science career event
- Failing to repair or upgrade an electronic object
- Being mauled by a bear and other outcomes while exploring the catacombs in a mausoleum
- Getting caught by a fire tomb trap[TS3:WA]
- Failed detonation[TS3:A]
- Exploring a drill hole[TS3:A]
- Being near a falling meteor[TS3:A]
- Failing to discover a potion with the chemistry table[TS3:G]
- Being cast with the fire spell[TS3:SN]
- Eating a jelly bean[TS3:SN]
- "Hot Head" fairy trick[TS3:SN]
- Instant Homework completion (child / teen witches only)[TS3:SN]
- Getting struck by lightning[TS3:S]
- Bad outcome from using the brain enhancing machine[TS3:UL]
- In the PC/Mac versions, Sims who are Singed have their hair messed up and are in their underwear. In the PS3/Xbox 360 versions, they retain their current outfit and hairstyle, though they still have black marks.
- ↑ SimBots and ghosts cannot be killed by electrocution.
- ↑ As of The Sims 3: Supernatural, the Moodlet Manager no longer removes Singed.
- ↑ Ghosts can be singed if the ghost is a Sim or vampire; they cannot if they are a Mummy or SimBot. Unlike Humans and Vampires, they will not be killed by Fire or Electrocution while the ghost has this moodlet. Ghosts singed by fire traps will still get a warning message.