|Life state||Social Bunny|
|Game||The Sims 2|
Just having the Social Bunny around raises the social need, but the lonely Sim can interact with him anyway to raise it, ranging from friendly kisses to outright fighting. The Social Bunny leaves when the bar is back up to the halfway point. Although the Social Bunny automatically raises the social need, players should be aware that if a Sim is with the Social Bunny and they're not doing anything together, the Sim's comfort will drop quickly.
Multiple BunniesEditIf multiple Sims are in social failure, the other bunnies will be seen when a lonely Sim is active. However, they will be invisible, and cannot be interacted with.
The bunnies may interact with each other, though. Social Bunnies come in three colors which are blue, yellow, and pink. Generally, Social Bunnies of a different color will usually be friendly with each other, with blue and pink ones often going romantic. However, much different sparks fly when two bunnies of the same color meet, as they will usually fight with each other.
There has also been a bug where the Social Bunny can actually become a friend. (e.g. he comes to parties, goes on vacation, visit, and possibly all the other things that normal friends can do). Occasionally, there is also a bug where Sims will come home from work bringing a friend home, who turns out to be the Social Bunny. The Social Bunny will not appear, however.
The Social Bunny vs The Tragic ClownEdit
When The Sims series started, the social bunny was not the first NPC to show up to depressed Sim's houses to cheer them up, it was done by the Tragic Clown in the first game. The tragic clown came whenever a Sim's mood was half-way low only if there was a painting of him hanging around somewhere. However, the Social Bunny came when the Social need was empty only. One key difference between the two is their success in trying to make depressed Sims feel better: The Tragic Clown always made matters worse while the Social Bunny managed to bring the low social up to 50% high.
References in other gamesEdit
Although Social Bunnies do not appear in The Sims 3, there are number of Easter eggs dedicated to them, for example "Social Bunnies United" is the name of a charity Good Sims can donate to.[TS3] There are several objects containing references to the Social Bunny, including a poster of the Social Bunny, a music box from Ambitions containing a miniature Social Bunny, a bookshelf from Generations with a stuffed Social Bunny doll and a prop statue of it in Showtime. Sims may also paint a brilliant medium painting of the Social Bunny or see one on the KidZ Zone station on the television (one may also be seen on the Kidztube station in The Sims 2).
A pink social bunny costume is unlockable in MySims Agents.
- Sims can unlock the Social Bunny outfits in CAS with Debug Mode on.
- If a Social Bunny and the Therapist are on the same lot at the same time, the Therapist will gossip with the Social Bunny about a random Sim before leaving.
- For some Sims, the Social Bunny is a fear. It takes away 3,500 Aspiration points.
- All Social Bunnies have the same personality: 5 points in Neat, Outgoing, Active, and Nice, and 10 points in Playful.
- All Social Bunnies from Desiderata Valley resemble normal Sims in their default head-shots. This oddity will change if the Desiderata Valley Social Bunnies are spawned in-game.
- However all Desiderata Valley Social Bunnies must be manually moved to the NPC Sim Bin using SimPE in order for them to show up in-game, since none of them are placed in the NPC Sim Bin at the start of the game.
- Unlike other neighborhoods that consist of 2 male Social Bunnies and 1 female one, Belladonna Cove has 3 male Social Bunnies. This can be proven through SimPE.
- All Belladonna Cove Social Bunnies must be manually moved to the NPC Sim Bin using SimPE in order for them to show up in-game, since none of them are placed in the NPC Sim Bin at the start of the game.
- The Social Bunny is likely a reference to Frank from the film Donnie Darko. In the film, Donnie begins to see a one-eyed man in a bunny suit named Frank whom no one else is able to see, similar to Sims hallucinating and seeing the Social Bunny, who also has one eye, when their Social need is low.
- If the Sim is near the bottom of a staircase, it is possible for the social bunny to spawn in the 4x1 area under it.