Just having the Social Bunny around raises the social need, but the lonely Sim can interact with him anyway to raise it, ranging from friendly kisses to outright fighting. The Social Bunny leaves when the bar is back up to the halfway point.
Multiple Bunnies EditIf multiple Sims are in social failure, the other bunnies will be seen when a lonely Sim is active. However, they will be invisible, and cannot be interacted with.
The bunnies may interact with each other, though. Social Bunnies come in three colors which are blue, yellow, and pink. Generally, Social Bunnies of a different color will be friendly with each other, with blue and pink ones going romantic. However, much different sparks fly when two bunnies of the same color meet, as they'll actually fight with each other.
Friend bug Edit
There has also been a bug where the Social Bunny can actually become a friend. (e.g. he comes to parties, goes on vacation, visit, and possibly all the other things that normal friends can do).
The Social Bunny vs The Tragic ClownEdit
When The Sims series started, the social bunny was not the first NPC to show up to depressed Sim's houses to cheer them up, it was done by the Tragic Clown in the first game. The tragic clown came whenever a Sim's mood was half-way low only if there was a painting of him hanging around somewhere. However, the Social Bunny came when the Social need was empty only. One key difference between the two is their success in trying to make depressed Sims feel better: The Tragic Clown always made matters worse while the Social Bunny managed to bring the low social up to 50% high.
- "Social Bunnies United" is the name of a charity Good Sims can donate to.[TS3]
- Social bunny can be seen on the Kidztube[TS2] and KidZ Zone[TS3] stations on the television.
- A pink social bunny costume is unlockable in MySims Agents.
- Sims can unlock the Social Bunny outfits in CAS with Debug Mode on.
- Toddlers and children cannot get a Social Bunny. If their social need gets very low, a warning will pop up in the top-right of the game screen saying that they need to be talked to. If they don't get the Social need increased eventually, the Social Worker will come and take them away.
- If a Social Bunny and the Therapist are on the same lot at the same time, the Therapist will gossip with the Social Bunny about a random Sim before leaving.
- Occasionally, there's a bug where Sims will come home from work bringing a friend home, who turns out to be the Social Bunny. The Social Bunny will not appear, however.
- Social Bunnies have incomplete Sim data, and therefore should not be made playable or interacted with outside their designated in-game purpose.
- For some Sims, the Social Bunny is a fear. It takes away 3,500 Aspiration points.
- All Social Bunnies have the same personality: 5 points in Neat, Outgoing, Active, and Nice, and 10 points in Playful.
- If a Sim is with the Social Bunny and they're not doing anything together, the Sim's comfort will drop quickly.
- In The Sims 3, there's a poster of Social Bunny.
- In The Sims 3, Sims may paint a brilliant medium painting of the Social Bunny.
- In The Sims 3: Ambitions, there's a music box containing a miniature Social Bunny.
- In The Sims 3: Generations, there's a stuffed Social Bunny doll on top of Imaginarium Kubo Book Shelving Units bookshelf.
- In The Sims 3: Showtime, there's a prop statue of Social Bunny.
- The Social Bunny is likely a reference to Frank from the film Donnie Darko. In the film, Donnie begins to see a one-eyed man in a bunny suit named Frank whom no one else is able to see, similar to Sims hallucinating and seeing the Social Bunny, who also has one eye, when their Social need is low.