Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Strangetown ( /neighborhoods in The Sims 2. It is also the smallest of the three neighborhoods shipped with The Sims 2; there are 11 lots, one of which has not yet been built on, and 187 Sims. Strangetown is the neighborhood used in the The Sims 2 for Nintendo DS and GBA versions of the games, although only Tank Grunt and Johnny Smith make an appearance. The Sims 2 on PSP, however, takes place wholly in Strangetown with much of the same cast and added Sims. According to Deputy Duncan, Strangetown was named after his great-great-great-uncle on his mother's side; a lawman called Sheriff Paul Strange./) is one of the pre-made
Strangetown is also connected with the Pleasantview storyline, in which Bella Goth has been abducted by aliens, and then left in Strangetown. However, the 'Strangetown Bella' is "fake", and many fans remain determined to get the real Bella back. It is possible for Bella to return to her family, (see below) but the actual storyline remains that the Bella in Strangetown is the "real" one. Also there is a broken down spaceship in a large crater that looks like it was caused by a meteor, but was probably caused by the spaceship's impact. This suggests the spaceship could have crashed when returning to Pleasantview with Bella Goth. However, it is also possible that the spaceship was Pollination Technician #9 Smith's.
Most of the pre-made families in the PC version of Strangetown have at least one career reward object.
The town's configuration is different in each game in which it appears. Putting the different versions (from all versions of The Sims 2: PC, PSP, GBA, DS, console) of the town together, Strangetown gets a big variety of lots including a grocery store, library, city hall, meetinghouse, saloons, pawn-shop, nuclear power plant, a dam, a greenhouse, a zoo, an art gallery, a movie studio, a hotel, a casino, a pyramid, a dance club, a cow farm, labs, military base, abandoned warehouse, public pool, clothing shop, a salt mine, jail and of course, graveyards and the iconic Crash Site. It also features interesting housing, from old trailers to an igloo and more than 200 Sims.
For information how to bring Bella back, see Reuniting the Goths.
The Sims 2Edit
- 1 Tesla Court, owned by Beaker
- 13 Dead End Lane, owned by Specter
- 101 Road to Nowhere, owned by Smith
- 2 Cover Up Road, owned by Curious
- 51 Road to Nowhere, owned by Grunt
- Loki Beaker, Circe Beaker, Nervous Subject
- What experiments are the highly secretive and less than neighborly Loki and Circe Beaker performing on poor Nervous Subject? Will this secrecy affect Circe's career ambitions?
- Pascal Curious, Lazlo Curious, Vidcund Curious
- In search of truth and mystery, the Curious brothers got more than they were "expecting." Can Pascal, Lazlo, and Vidcund cope with their new roles as cosmic parents?
- General Buzz Grunt, Tank Grunt, Ripp Grunt, Buck Grunt
- Tank has always lived under the hard thumb of his father, General Buzz Grunt. In this domesticated boot camp, can Tank prove his worth to this demanding Dad?
- Pollination Tech#9 Smith, Jenny Smith, Johnny Smith, Jill Smith
- After a fruitful career, Pollination Technician 9 has retired to his favorite planet. But can his son Johnny make friends and fit in, or is this family just too strange for Strangetown?
- Olive Specter, Ophelia Nigmos
- Who is buried in Olive Specter's garden? Will the mysterious, aging outcast leave her fortune to her niece Ophelia, or, as rumored, to an unnamed heir?
Family bin familiesEdit
- Ajay Loner
- Ajay has come to Strangetown hoping to find himself. Will he be successful in his new home or will the odd things that always seem to happen here drive him away?
- Chloe Singles, Lola Singles, Erin Singles, Kristen Singles
- Has there ever been a group of roommates so different from one another? As if living in Strangetown isn't hard enough, will these girls be able to accept their differences and be friends or will the tension tear the house apart?
Strangetown in other gamesEdit
The Sims 2 (PSP)EditStrangetown reappears in The Sims 2 (PSP) for PlayStation Portable, although the districts in the game do not exist in the PC version of Strangetown. The location in Strangetown are the Service Station, Paradise Place, Deadtree, Division 47, and the Monument.
The Sims 2 (console)Edit
Strangetown reappears in The Sims 2 for console, although it is just a district of the whole neighborhood.
The Sims 2 (Nintendo DS)Edit
Strangetown reappears in The Sims 2 for Nintendo DS, although only a small portion of it appears. The locations in Strangtown are the Strangetown Hotel, the Strangetown Store, Mamma Hogg's Saloon, the City hall, the Jail, Jebidiah S. Jerky's Cow Pasture, and the desert. The Strangetown Hotel is the biggest area in the game, with 5 floors (including the basement) and many rooms. According to Tristan Legend, Strangetown is constantly invaded by Emperor Xizzle and his minions. Later in the game, it is also invaded by Jimmy the Neck, Crime Spree Bob, and Optimum Alfred.
The Sims 2 (GBA) Edit
Strangetown reappears in The Sims 2 for Game Boy Advance. The town is divided in several districts that are not part of any other version. The districts have names that do not appear in the map (their names appear in the mission " A Brand New Scent"). The lots in Strangetown are Strangetown Saloon, the City Hall, Re-Spawn Pawn Shop, The Casino, The Abandoned Warehouse, The Ziggurat, Gothic Gardens, The Zoo, a Nuclear Power Plant, a Medical Center, Jeb's Cattle Ranch, The U.F.O, The Dam, The Ice Cave, Optimum's Tech Factory, The Salt Mines, and The Cavern Club as well as some residential lots.
In the SC4Terrains folder, which can be found in the user data folder of The Sims 2, there's a number of terrains from SimCity 4, including Pleasantview, Strangetown and Veronaville. Strangetown in SimCity 4 is named "Desert Test", probably because it was to see how the Desert terrain would look during the production of The Sims 2.
- Strangetown does not appear in The Sims 3, however, it is mentioned quite a few times:
- If a Sim throws away perfectly good food, the Sim will get the negative moodlet "wasteful". In the description of the moodlet, it is mentioned that "there are starving children in Strangetown!"
- Sometimes the newspaper will mention people suffering from Strangetown Syndrome.
- The Infectious Disease Researcher level of the Medical career mentions a contagious "Strangetown Syndrome".
- Also, when a Sim reaches the top level of Political career, they may get the Aiding the Victims opportunity which mentions Strangetown suffering from mud and a heavy blizzard, causing the mud to freeze.
- A particular piece of news that randomly appears in the newspaper refers to researchers in Strangetown investigating a phenomenon.
- In The Sims 3 for Nintendo DS, there is a location called "Strangetown Apartments".