Studio Town is the sub-neighborhood introduced in The Sims: Superstar. The theme of this neighborhood is of "The Golden Age of Film," in which the neighborhood creates an atmosphere reminiscent to Hollywood during the '40s and '50s of the twentieth century.
The neighborhood is the home of the Fame career track, and the player must visit it on a daily basis to improve or keep their fame level. Each 2 or 3 lots in Studio Town have a certain theme, and share almost the same objects required to advance in Acting, Fashion or Music.
The townies in Studio Town are divided into the Somebodies and the Anybodies, and are randomly generated at the start of each game. The game will constantly replace them, unless a playable Sim knows some of them. The Somebodies are famous, and normally wear high fashion clothing. They provide Sims who are in the Fame career track with famous people to befriend, as Sims in that career track need to have famous friends with strong star power in order to advance. The Anybodies are usually tourists in Studio Town. If the played Sim is famous, they will play the role of fans, asking for autographs, talking about their admiration for him/her, etc. Having good relationships with the Anybodies is the best way to keep the Obsessed Fan away, though the number of friends who are Anybodies is irrelevant to the Fame career track. Neighborhood Sims will not appear in Studio Town unless they are on the Fame career track.
- Lana (studio town production assistant)
- Pristine Christine (janitor)
- Robert O. Direction (movie director)
- Greta Glarn (movie director)
- Tim Vista (TV director)
- Tonya Vigor (TV director)
- Tina Verve (TV director)
- Robert Aria (music producer)
- Tine Trebble (music producer)
- Holly Hoofer (music video director)
- Peter Zondro (music video director)
- Armand Masseur (masseuse)
- Ita-san (sushi vendor)
- Sam Smoothie (smoothie vendor)
- Billy Berry (smoothie vendor)
- Clerk Katherine (clerk)
- Clerk Thaddeus (clerk)
Some NPCs in Studio Town are based on celebrities in real life:
- Andy Warhol
- Avril Lavigne
- Christina Aguilera
- Marilyn Monroe
- Freddie Prinze Jr. (download)
- Sarah McLachlan (download)
- Jon Bon Jovi (download)
- Richie Sambora (download)
- Elle Woods (Amazon pre-order bonus)
There are a total of 9 lots in Studio Town. This is a list of the default lots:
- 81 Sunrise Boulevard, KWLW Studios
- Home of the daytime drama "As The Heart Beats." KWLW is known for launching the careers of many of today's hottest stars. Self-guided tours offered daily.
- There are not very many things for celebrities to do here. The only thing they can do to improve their fame is with the Television Hospital Set. Sims can also buy movie posters.
- 82 Sunrise Boulevard, Fairchild Film Studios
- Here lies the last bastion of the golden age of film. This mammoth structure contains the primary studios and corporate headquarters of the biggest name in film today.
- This is a large lot with many things to do for Sims who want to be actors. There are many things for Sims to do to raise their star level, a stage for beginning celebrities, the Hospital Set for celebrities in the middle and a big, medieval themed movie set for really famous celebrities. Finally, Sims can soak in the Spa.
- 83 Sunrise Boulevard, Meeker Studios
- The newest film company in town, Meeker Studios is still developing their star roster. They may not have indoor restrooms, but they have outdoor ones!
- This is a large lot that is mostly in an outside area. There is a buffet table so Sims can eat and a Skydive Simulator so that Sims can have fun. To raise fame, really famous celebrities can record movies and beginner celebrities can go on the stage. This is the final lot for actors.
- 84 Studio Town Drive, Midlock Multiplex
- The Midlock record label is the talk of the town, th best of the best in sound production. Midlock also owns and operates the trendy "Midlock Mahi" sushi bar on their corporate lot. Remember... "Midlock Makes Music!"
- This is a lot mainly for musicians who are just beginning or halfway through the fame track. There is a recording studio and a karaoke machine. Aside from items relating to fame, there is a sushi bar, a lounge and even a basketball hoop.
- 85 Studio Town Drive, Studio Town Center
- Enjoy the peaceful atmosphere of the Aphrodite Spa or, for more lively diversions, check out the Saki Nori Sushi Bar where the Karaoke party never ends.
- This lot is a large lot that is more of a hang out spot and a place to fill motives than a place to earn fame. The only item that involves fame is the stage. However, there are many other things for Sims to do such as buying High Fashion, going for a swim, and getting a massage, among many others.
- 86 Studio Town Drive, Buckingham Galleries
- Fine art and fashion, pillaged from the far corners of SimCity, and housed on-site at Mr. Buckingham's private design studio. "Anyone can be an artist", says Buckingham... "I'm living proof."
- This is a fairly small lot for Sims who want to be Models. Famous Sims with low fame can get a photoshoot while Sims with higher fame can walk the catwalk. Apart from fame related items, there is a sushi bar and a shop that sells High Fashion.
- 87 Studio Town Drive, Music for the Eyes Inc.
- Nearly allof Studio Town's music videos are produced within these hallowed halls. It's not so much that Music for the Eyes is the only game in town, but that they are the best at what they do: making you look good, regardless of how you sound,
- This lot offers 2 music video recording sets that only celebrities with high fame can use. However, Sims can eat at the buffet, play on computers, and listen to music in the lounge.
- 88 Studio Town Drive, Cameron's Lounge
- Hep cats and cool canaries know the joint is jumping at Cameron's Lounge. If you've got your boots on, come beat at the chops with the jacks and jills or earn some gravy gammin on the main kick.
- As the name suggests, this lot is more of a place where Sims can have fun, but it can be a good place for beginning celebrities because there is a karaoke stage and an Open Mic Stage. There are many leisure activities for Sims, such as playing pool and watching TV.
- 89 Studio Town Drive, The Gast District
- How about a little taste of Europe, without having to go any further than Studio Town? Chic shopping, round-the-clock fashion shows, and a spa that never closes. Ciao!
- This is a large lot aimed at Sims who want to be models. To earn fame, Sims can have a photoshoot or walk the catwalk. There are many other things on this lot such as a smoothie bar, a sushi bar, an Aquatic Playhouse and 3 rooms that sell High Fashion clothes.
Each lot consists of specific items either dealing with acting, singing, or modeling. It is also easy to identify which lots contain these specific items by looking at their exteriors. For example; lots that deal primarily with music have black-bricked exteriors, lots that deal with modeling have white-stone exteriors with blue roofs, and lots dealing with acting have beige stucco exteriors with yellow roofs. The only exception is Studio Town Center, located in the middle of Studio Town, which has a different exterior, and therefore deals with multiple careers (mainly for "beginning" actors and/or singers). Some lots also contain features unrelated to these careers, such as spas, sushi bars, and poster shops.