Swimming builds Body/Athletic skill. In The Sims 2 and The Sims 3, it also keeps Sims fit. With The Sims 2: FreeTime, swimming increases Enthusiasm in Fitness. If The Sims 2: Seasons is installed, outdoor pools are considered to be heated, and are available in all seasons.
Prior to Nightlife, building a pool in The Sims 2 was extremely cumbersome. Extensions to the pool needed to be a minimum of 2 squares and all pools needed to be rectangular. Nightlife fixed the problem regarding pool construction.
If a Sim dies by fire, their ghost can swim in a pool if one is near their grave/urn.
The cost of a pool varies with the size of the pool.
Advanced building featuresEdit
- Diving board[TS][TS2][TS3:S]
- Slide [TS:V][TS2:S] [TS3:IP]
- Diagonal pool construction [TS2:NL]
- Curved pool construction [TS2:S][TS3:LN]
- Paint pool walls [TS2:S][TS3]
- Pools on any floor [TS3:LN]
- Pool bar [TS3:IP]