Does anyone know if the Sims 3 engine has a name? It's not propietary, that was someone misunderstanding the words in an article and Sims 3 isn't listed under games with Renderware on wikipedia. Duskey(talk)(blog) 10:14, June 30, 2010 (UTC)
- It used to say RenderWare on WP but it got removed. It's possible though. GEORGIEGIBBONS 17:05, July 21, 2010 (UTC)
Did anybody else notice that on the Sims 3 came case on the main pg, you can see a young Mortimer above the 's' in Sims? He gets caught off though. There is also a younger-looking Corneilia to the left of a stern-looking officer. oh! And an evil-smiling child girl at the bottom right corner near the 'EA" sign. Then a nicer one next to a black lady on a phone above. Hehe....Sims can be so funny.. -- 126.96.36.199 20:32, July 20, 2010 (UTC)
Does The Sims 3 console have the ageing system and kids?
Q: Same as the headline. GEORGIEGIBBONS 17:04, July 21, 2010 (UTC)
- Questions on The Sims (series) is mostly answered in our forum, you might have better luck there: Forum:Central Park. Duskey(talk) 23:09, July 23, 2010 (UTC)
Hey everyone. I believe that some of the sections of this article should be split into numerous articles. I have split it down for you because this can be understood and be more appropriate for us to talk about these separate articles that can be split. Thanks CA Quakes 22:47, November 23, 2010 (UTC)
The overall view of "Sim" should be separate. The sim section is better suited for an overall article. If it stays it will look long. I truly believe in this split
- There is already the Sim article, the information on this page is just a little bit on the new features of Sims that come with the Sims 3--Eduardog3000 23:00, November 23, 2010 (UTC)
The system requirements should be separate from this because it can and will change. This applies to The Sims and The Sims 2 games as well. All three game series system specs should be highlighted into one article.
- System requirements never change and are fine on this page.--Eduardog3000 23:00, November 23, 2010 (UTC)
Expansions and Subsequent Sections
The expansion packs and few other articles should be included for its own article; like The Sims 2 stuff packs should be listed as one. Or I could be wrong but it sounds redundant enough for me, my honest thoughts.
- The are already pages for expansion and stuff packs, this page just lists a bit of the information about the expansion and stuff packs.--Eduardog3000 23:00, November 23, 2010 (UTC)
Hey whenever I put my sims 3 disk in my computer my computer just like gets the blue screen anyone have any ideas to help.—Preceding unsigned comment added by 188.8.131.52 (talk • contribs) (UTC) - Please sign your comments with ~~~~
Wrong Info With Fake Reference
the statement with citation #13 is wrong, and the reference doesn't exist.
- I don't think it's a fake reference, just a reference to a page that no longer exists or is no longer at that URL. The page is protected against unregistered users and new accounts because it is high-profile and high-traffic, and was frequently vandalized by unregistered users. I can unlink the reference, since it's a dead link, but since there are several references to it, you'll need to be more specific about what is incorrect. Dharden (talk) 13:52, May 26, 2011 (UTC)
The Sims 3: Pets
There needs to be a page for the Sims 3: Pets expansion which is set to come out around fall.
Hey I'm just asking, okay?
I'm just asking, but can Sims give out wedgies? And if they do wear underwear, do they have bras?
I was just asking, okay? Sheesh.......
My Sims 3 game won't read 2 words in the console Example:Sunny Day
I need help with this...
- Sorry but no wedgies, and yes they wear underwear and bras...unless you change them into it. Starmoonie 01:32, May 16, 2012 (UTC)
- That would be a nifty mod or thing for maxis to add in the expansion pack. A perfect mean interaction for children, teenagers and childish sims. Could leave the victim slightly annoyed for a few hours too with "recent wedgie". Maybe you should mention it on the official forums. As of the issue with two word segments, that should go under cheats. However, the solution is to place the two words in quotes. For instance "Sunset Valley". I probably should add that to the cheats sections. Also as a note all commands are single word. For instance, if there is a Sunny Day command (I don't know if there is) It would be SunnyDay. If you are probing around, other logical attemps are "SetWeather Sunny" "Weather Sunny" or just "Sunny" Ruedii (talk) 08:24, July 28, 2012 (UTC)
- For the old cover, I think a couple of them, like Bella Bachelor. Bakerychaz (talk page · blog) 14:25, July 24, 2012 (UTC)
- Like Starmoonie said, a Beta version of Bella Goth, Mortimer Goth, and Vita Alto. Also there´s Liam O'Dourke, but he's from Hidden Springs, Kim Kent and Piper Hipp from the Exchange (another Liam is on the Exchange with Kim and Piper). I don't recognize anyone else. Bye! 15:07, July 24, 2012 (UTC)
Tense Issues in article
I noticed there are issues with tense jumping in the writing of this article. It regularly jumps in time period and tense. I think it might be best to set this to be written in past tense or past perfect tense when talking about development, production, and promotion of the game, and present tense or present perfect tense when talking about gameplay. (Present Perfect would be greatly prefered from gameplay, but I know that is a bit difficult for some people to intentionally write in present perfect tense and it can cause things to get quite wordy. Most people don't even know the difference between Present Tense and Present Perfect Tense, so I doubt there is too much of an issue.) Wikipedia's editing guide has a nice article on the use of proper tense in encyclopedic articles. It has some good examples. Although we don't have to maintain nearly as strict a standard here on such informal articles, good grammar would make the site easier to read, and look nicer. Ruedii (talk) 08:12, July 28, 2012 (UTC)
- The wiki does have a Manual of Style but to my knowledge it doesn't get into a discussion of tenses. Admittedly, I couldn't tell you the difference between present perfect tense and present tense, but I do think keeping it consistent would be helpful. I've noticed some grammar issues on some other pages, especially when the article is switching focus. I'll take a look at the page when I get more time and try and clean it up. -- LiR speak ~ read 08:19, July 28, 2012 (UTC)