- The Teleportation Pad reduces your transportation costs by 100%... within a reasonable margin of error.
In The Sims 3, the Teleportation Pad is a lifetime reward object that lets a Sim instantly teleport to any location on the map, and use a cell phone to teleport back. Occasionally, the teleporter malfunctions and teleports the Sim to the wrong place, but recovering from that is a simple matter of teleporting back with the phone and trying again. It can be upgraded with "Perfect Teleportation," which prevents it from ever malfunctioning. Sometimes a Sim will teleport and arrive at their destination naked. They will panic and then change into the clothes they were in.
It costs 75,000 lifetime reward points, and is the most expensive lifetime reward in The Sims 3. It is worth §15,000 if sold after it is purchased.
- This reward may be useless for Sims who can teleport using Zeneport[TS3:WA].
- The player can enable testingcheatsenabled, ⇧ Shift + click on their desired destination, and select "Teleport me here" to teleport a Sim without the use of a teleportation pad. This form of teleportation does not appear to fail.
- The Teleportation Pad's Teleport Home feature teleports the Sim to the diagonal square at the back right side (as viewed from the front) of his/her home lot's mailbox. Teleport Home will fail without giving any notification if there is no space for the returning Sim. For example, if the mailbox is placed directly on the edge of the lot and the destination is off the lot, Teleport Home will fail. There must be at least one free square in that location; more may be needed if many Sims try to teleport home at once.
- In The Sims 3 for console, the player is able to teleport a Sim to other locations even if they do not actually own the teleportation pad by activating the cheat mode and using L2/LB and X on the location the Sim should teleport to.
The Not So Routine MachineEdit
Is your same old morning routine getting you down? Are you tired of getting to work hungry, smelly and grouchy? Do you hate being late everywhere you go? Well... get ready to shake up your wake up with our patent pending, ultra combining, super teleporting, technological wonder! Eat, shower and do your business, then teleport to exactly where you need to go...in less than half the time! Roll out of bed and into technology when you pick up the Not So Routine Machine today!
The Not So Routine Machine incorporates functionality almost identical to the Teleportation Pad—with some exceptions. Unlike the Teleportation Pad, it cannot be used by children, and teleportation is only one-way. It is pre-set to teleport Sims to certain types of places. It can send a Sim to work, to the gym, to a shopping location, or to a business or venue. It appears that Sims can attempt to use it to teleport to any location on the map, but that they may arrive elsewhere unless it has been given the Teleport Anywhere upgrade.
Also, it can completely fill the Hunger, Bladder and Hygiene needs before the teleportation occurs. It does this by feeding the Sim, providing a toilet, and providing a very efficient shower. This allows a Sim to get ready to go somewhere in much less time than it would normally take. It can upgraded to include speakers, which will boost Fun. It can also be upgraded to be Unbreakable.
A Sim who uses it when tired can enter a virtual world known as the Dreamscape.
It is available from The Sims 3 Store for 605 SimPoints. It does not require any expansion pack to use, but does require game update 1.5.0.014000 .