Tense is an emotion available in The Sims 4. It occurs when a Sim engages in mentally frustrating tasks, or has a low Fun motive. Ambitious Sims may become Tense if not promoted. Sims get Tense when reading a skill book that is too advanced for their skill level. Working Too Hard at work also has a chance of making a Sim Tense. It contains a 'Writer's Block' moodlet when writing books when Inspired. Fires can make Sims Tense. Sims also get tense if a toddler is crying or having a tantrum. A Sim with this emotion can progress to feeling Very Tense. Carefree Sims cannot be inflicted with any Tense moodlets, and thus, the emotion itself. as of the parenthood, along with Uncomfortable, children and teens can throw tantrums while tense. Geek sims will become Tense if not playing video games. Finds out when Children and Teens working hard at school.
Interactions and ActivitiesEdit
Sims will only have a chance to use these interactions or do these activities while tense
- Complain about Problems
- Shout Forbidden Words
- Downplay Stress (Children and Teens Only)
- Try to calm down (Mirror interaction)
- Take a Shower
- Take a Bath
- Watch TV
- Rant About Stress (Private Journal - Children and Teens Only)
- Discuss Stressful Mood
Sims who are Tense may have the following Whims.
- Take a Bath (25 SP)
- Take a Shower (25 SP)
- Complain About Problems (25 SP)
- Watch Fireplace Channel (25 SP)
- Vent to Someone (25 SP)
- Shout forbidden words
Supportive Traits Edit
These traits affect how often a Sim is tense.
- Geek (Hobby Trait): Geeks will become Tense if they go too long without playing video games.
- Ambitious (Lifestyle Trait): Ambitious Sims will become Tense if they go too long without being promoted or without a job.
- Lazy (Lifestyle Trait): Lazy Sims will become Tense when performing household chores.
- Hates Children (Social Trait): Sims who Hate Children will become Tense after performing the Try for Baby interaction. Child-hating female sims who get pregnant will have the Conception Tension moodlet, and continue to have a Tense moodlet throughout the pregnancy with three trimesters.
- Loner (Social Trait): Loner Sims will become Tense around strangers.
- Noncommittal (Social Trait): Noncommittal Sims become Tense if they are in the same job or relationship for too long.
- Jealous (Social Trait): Jealous Sims become Tense if they don't interact with their partner after a long time.
- Active (Emotional Trait): Active Sims will become Tense if they go too long without working out.
- Genius (Emotional Trait): Genius Sims will become Tense if they don't take part in mental activities.
- Creative (Emotional Trait): Creative Sims will become Tense if they don't take part in creative pursuits.
- Romantic (Emotional Trait): Romantic Sims will feel Tense after not doing anything romantic for a long period of time.
- Unflirty (Emotional Trait): Sims with this trait will become tense if they are flirted with too quickly.
- Loves Outdoors (Lifestyle Trait): Sims with this trait will become Tense if they stay indoors for too long.
- Materialistic (Lifestyle Trait): Sims with this trait will become Tense if they haven't admired a new possession recently.
- Kleptomaniac (Lifestyle Trait): Sims with this trait will become tense if they haven't stolen anything recently
Object Auras Edit
No objects have the Tense Object Aura as of the latest patch, game pack and expansion pack released.
Careers and Jobs Edit
No careers benefit from the Sim being Tense or have it as their ideal emotion.