Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
The Sims: Hot Date, released on November 14, 2001, is the third expansion pack for The Sims. Its theme and many of its features, including the addition of a Downtown sub-neighborhood, were reused in Nightlife, the second expansion pack for the sequel game The Sims 2. Some elements of The Sims 3: Late Night are reminiscent of it.
- Miss Crumplebottom: This old woman will poke and smack you with her purse when you perform romantic interactions in Downtown. "Why don't you get a room?"
- Townies: Non-playable residents of Downtown. They can be married and made playable, but beware the Urban Renewal Loop.
- Waiters and waitresses: Serve food in Downtown restaurants.
- Minstrel: Strolls around expensive restaurants playing the guitar for diners.
- Claire the Bear: Will come to Sims' houses and raid the trash can.
Other new featuresEdit
- Interactions: Adds more than 40 new interactions to make your date better, and a "three strikes and you're out" system, so if an interaction is repeated more than twice in the space of a few hours, it will be rejected. Also gives you more options when using certain objects.
- Relationships: Introduced for the first time as both daily and lifetime relationship bars.
- Interests: Adds seven new interests; Exercise, Food, Parties, Style, Hollywood, Technology, and Romance.
- Soundtrack Music: Listen to romantic jazz songs composed by Jerry Martin and Kirk Casey.
- Sub-Categories in Buy Mode: Redesigned buy mode for easier object cataloging.
- Auto-Lights: Rather than manually turning on/off lights, lights will automatically turn on/off depending on if there is a Sim in the room, removing the ability to turn on/off lights (with a few exceptions for certain lights).
|The Sims: Hot Date Load Music|
|"The Sims" Chronology|
The Sims: House Party
March 28, 2001
|The Sims series expansion packs|| Followed by|
The Sims: Vacation
March 25, 2002