These cheats require The Sims 2.
Please add working cheats only.
Miscellaneous Cheats Edit
- Lists some cheats but not all of them. The player can also enter ? after doing the
- help [cheatname]
- Displays specific information about the cheat.
- Closes the cheat window.
- Expands or contracts the cheat window.
- autoPatch -on/off
- While TheSims2.com was available, this cheat allowed the player to re-enable notifications of new game updates for The Sims 2. When Autopatch was on, the player could go to the Custom Content Browser (the "snowflake"/"star" button on the UCP in the neighborhood). If there was an update available, the player would be asked if he/she wanted to download it.
This cheat is listed for historical reasons only, and should not be used. The Custom Content Browser will attempt to connect to TheSims2.com, which no longer exists. Therefore, players should not click it for any reason.
Build Cheats Edit
- moveObjects on/off
- Removes footprint limitation for all object placement in Buy Mode and Build Mode. Removes limitations placed on hand tool for when objects are in use, or are normally non-movable objects. This is known to cause issues with game elements, routing, hidden object generation and manipulation, etc. Note that using this cheat allows you to delete objects that normally cannot be deleted, such as Sims, the mailbox, and the garbage can. If you delete these objects, there is NO way to get them back, so be careful!
- boolprop snapobjectstogrid true/false
- Allows object placement to be off of the grids.
- boolprop allow45DegreeAngleOfRotation true/false
- Allows 45 degree rotation on objects.
- changeLotZoning residential / community / apartmentbase / apartmentsub / secrethobbylot / secretsocietylot / secretdestinationlot
- Allows you to change the lot zoning of the specific lot you are on, including lot types that aren't available when first placing the lot in Neighborhood Mode. (note: this may not contain all of the lot types)
Gameplay Cheats Edit
- Gives the household an additional 1,000 Simoleons
- familyFunds [family last name] [number]
- Sets the funds of the specified household. Add + or - before the number to add or subtract the number typed. May have problems if more than one household has the same family name. Note: The maximum amount of Simoleons a household can have is 9,999,999.
- Gives the household an additional 50,000 simoleons
- aging [on/off]
- prevents Sims from aging. This can disrupt the carefully tuned gameplay balance, and will prevent little Johnny from ever growing up, so treat this cheat with care as well.
- intProp maxNumOfVisitingSims [number]
- Allows you to invite more guests to a party.
- plumbbobtoggle on/off
- Displays the plumbbob/does not display the plumbbob.
- intProp censorgridsize [number]
- Set the censor size when Sims taking a bath etc. Set to 0 removes the censor completely. (Works only prior to installing the University patch)
- AspirationLevel (0-5)
- adjusts a Sim's aspiration to the selected level [confirmation needed]
- StretchSkeleton (0.0-?)
- adjusts a Sim's height. (1.0 is default)
Storytelling Cheats Edit
- slowMotion [value]
- The slowMotion cheat takes one parameter: the "slowness" setting (such as slowMotion 4). This value ranges from 0 to 8 where 0 is normal speed and 8 is the slowest speed.
- boolProp enablePostProcessing true/false
- enables the use of postprocessing cheats (see below); very useful for movie making (also see below). Please note that you must have a video card that can handle pixel shaders in order to successfully use this cheat. If you use the cheats and you don't have pixel shaders, the screen will most likely go partially dark, and will not come back until you turn off enablePostProcessing. If you turn on postprocessing, and you turn on cinematics, and a cinematic plays, you may also experience unwanted graphical glitches.
- bloom [r g b x] (rgb is color) (x is the bloom amount) [0.0 - 1.0]
- This cheat adds a blur effect, like a sitcom flashback moment. You must have entered boolProp enablePostProcessing true for this cheat to work.
- vignette [centerX centerY X] (X is the vignetteing factor) [0.0 - 1.0]
- Adds a blur effect from the specified center. Using "vignette 0.5 0.5 0.5" should put some blurry bits at the edge of the screen. Vignette 0.5 0.5 1.0 is maximum edge blurriness. You must have entered boolProp enablePostProcessing true for this cheat to work.
- filmGrain [val] [0.0-1.0]
- This cheat makes the screen grainy. You must have entered boolProp enablePostProcessing true for this cheat to work.
- letterBox [val] [0.0-0.4]
- Adds a letterbox effect to the view. You must have entered boolProp enablePostProcessing true for this cheat to work.
- boolProp testingCheatsEnabled true/false
- enables/disables testingcheatsenabled
- To enable Debug Mode in Create a Sim, go to CAS and press Shift-N; a message will appear, saying you are in Debug mode. To disable this mode, press Shift-M.
- Once Enabled, you are given the ability to spawn the Tombstone of Life and Death, Rodney's Death Creator, and other debugging objects.
- If the cheat is enabled before loading a lot, it is possible to manipulate a Sim's skill levels, changing them to any level, as well as controlling their wants and needs.
- Important: Be careful with the objects spawned using this cheat, as misuse of them can cause corruption.