The Sims 2: Pets is the fourth expansion pack released for The Sims 2, released on October 18, 2006 for U.S. and Canada, October 20, 2006 for EU, and October 26, 2006 for Australia. The main concept of this expansion pack is to allow the player to own and raise pets. The Sims 2: Pets is a remake of The Sims: Unleashed, which was a bestseller at that time. The expansion pack is also included with The Sims 2 Fun with Pets Collection.
Pets was the last expansion pack for The Sims 2 that was developed by Maxis Emeryville; the following expansion pack, Seasons, and all others thereafter, were developed by The Sims Studio.
Create the perfect pet for your Sims to train, play with, and love throughout a lifetime. Pick everything from their paws to their personality. Choose from dozens of popular dog and cat breeds like Schnauzer and Siamese. Or create a unique cat or dog by modifying their features and body type. Your Sims can teach their pets tricks, take them for a romp in the park to meet other furry friends, or buy them toys, beds, and much more. But pets have minds of their own-so expect the unexpected!
This game allows the player to own pets such as dogs, cats, womrats (guinea pigs) and birds, although only dogs and cats are fully customizable in the Create-A-Pet screen. There are 72 premade breeds of dog and over 30 premade breeds of cats. Pets don't have the environmental motive; it is replaced by chewing for dogs and scratching for cats. Sims can also sell pets with the Open for Business expansion. The game features skills for pets.
A new life state was introduced again in this EP: werewolf. To become a werewolf your Sim must have a daily and lifetime relation with a "Leader of the Pack" at least 50, and the wolf will "nibble" your Sims and they will become a werewolf. A werewolf will have change in skills and personality eventually, and have more interaction. One can turn another Sim into a werewolf by fighting with them.
The Kat family, who appeared in Unleashed, returns.
- Your Sims Have Pets!
- Add dogs, cats, birds, or guinea pigs to your Sims family. Whether it's kids cuddling kittens, adults watching TV with a drowsy Calico, or elders spending a sunny day in the park with their faithful German Shepherd, your Sims will share a lifetime of special moments with their pets.
- Create Pets
- Choose from dozens of dog and cat breeds including Pug and Persian. Or create your own unique cat or dog by modifying its body type, face shape, fur color, markings, and more. Then pick a personality! Is your Boxer gifted or goofy, your Burmese hyper or lazy? You decide!
- Pets Have Genetics
- Cross different breeds to create designer pets or make new ones and register them to appear in Create-A-Family as a unique breed.
- Sit, Spike, Sit
- Your Sims can teach their pets tricks like shake, fetch, roll over, and more. Unruly pets might topple the trash or scratch the sofa, but Sims can change their pets' ways with the right training.
- Pets Have Jobs
- Skilled pets can have careers of their own and earn a living as Movie Stars, Rescue pets, or members of an elite Security Pet Corps.
- Show Off and Share Your Pet Creations
- Upload your favorite Sim pets to TheSims2.com to share with other The Sims™2 Pets players through the Exchange. (No longer available)
- Fish Tank
- Litter Box
- Scratching Post
- Pet Bed
- Food Bowl
- Bird and Womrat Cage
- Futuristic Bedsets
- New Artwork
- New Couches
- Futuristic clock
|The Sims 2: Pets theme|
|The Sims 2: Pets Loading Screen|
|Fruit A Topia|
|Gimme Sum Sim|
|The Sum of Six Sims|
|Simish [sic] for Dummies|
|The Sims are Alright|
|Aff Wubbas Doo|
|Candles Cast Long Shadows|
|I Never Know|
|Turn Out the Light|
|Hurt No Nobody|
|I Play Chicken with a Train|
|Topy Apa Ty|
|Wow Wow Wow|
|Come On Come On|
|Girl Next Door|
|Baby Let's Dance||Russia|
|Can't You Be Mine||Germany, Netherlands|
|Never Coming Back||Finland|
|Run Away||Italy, United Kingdom|
|Suburbia||Denmark, Japan, Korea, Sweden, United Kingdom|
|What If||Norway, Sweden|