The Sims 2: Pets is the fourth expansion pack released for The Sims 2. This game was released on October 18, 2006 for US and Canada, October 20, 2006 for EU, and October 26, 2006 for Australia. The main idea of this game is to let the player own pets. The version is a remake of The Sims: Unleashed, which was a best-seller at that time. It is also included in The Sims 2 Fun with Pets Collection.
Create the perfect pet for your Sims to train, play with, and love throughout a lifetime. Pick everything from their paws to their personality. Choose from dozens of popular dog and cat breeds like Schnauzer and Siamese. Or create a unique cat or dog by modifying their features and body type. Your Sims can teach their pets tricks, take them for a romp in the park to meet other furry friends, or buy them toys, beds, and much more. But pets have minds of their own-so expect the unexpected!
This game allows the player to own pets such as dogs, cats, womrats (guinea pigs) and birds, although only dogs and cats are fully customizable in the Create-A-Pet screen. There are 72 premade breeds of dog and over 30 premade breeds of cats. Pets don't have the environmental motive; it is replaced by chewing for dogs and scratching for cats. Sims can also sell pets with the Open for Business expansion. The game features skills for pets.
A new life state was introduced again in this EP: werewolf. To become a werewolf your Sim must have a daily and lifetime relation with a "Leader of the Pack" at least 50, and the wolf will "nibble" your Sims and he or she will become a werewolf. A werewolf will have change in skills and personality eventually, and have more interaction. One can turn another Sim into a werewolf by fighting with him or her.
The Kat family, who appeared in Unleashed, returns.
- Your Sims Have Pets!
- Add dogs, cats, birds, or guinea pigs to your Sims family. Whether it's kids cuddling kittens, adults watching TV with a drowsy Calico, or elders spending a sunny day in the park with their faithful German Shepherd, your Sims will share a lifetime of special moments with their pets.
- Create Pets
- Choose from dozens of dog and cat breeds including Pug and Persian. Or create your own unique cat or dog by modifying its body type, face shape, fur color, markings, and more. Then pick a personality! Is your Boxer gifted or goofy, your Burmese hyper or lazy? You decide!
- Pets Have Genetics
- Cross different breeds to create designer pets or make new ones and register them to appear in Create-A-Family as a unique breed.
- Sit, Spike, Sit
- Your Sims can teach their pets tricks like shake, fetch, roll over, and more. Unruly pets might topple the trash or scratch the sofa, but Sims can change their pets' ways with the right training.
- Pets Have Jobs
- Skilled pets can have careers of their own and earn a living as Movie Stars, Rescue pets, or members of an elite Security Pet Corps.
- Show Off and Share Your Pet Creations
- Upload your favorite Sim pets to [TheSims2.com] to share with other The Sims™2 Pets players through the Exchange.
- Fish Tank
- Litter Box
- Scratching Post
- Pet Bed
- Food Bowl
- Bird and Womrat Cage
- Futuristic Bedsets
- New Artwork
- New Couches
- Futuristic clock
|The Sims 2: Pets Theme|
<videogallery id="0"> Video:The Sims 2 - Pets Official Trailer|The Sims 2 - Pets Official Trailer </videogallery>