Your Sims are now young adults leaving home to live the ultimate college fantasy. Immerse them in college life as they become the Big Sim on Campus. They'll relish their new-found freedom as they party with friends, join fraternities and sororities and pull outrageous pranks. Your Sims will explore all the campus hot-spots as they frequent lounges, gyms, coffee houses and more. Help them fulfill new lifetime goals to unlock more rewards and reap all of the benefits of their university years.
- College: Upon installing UNI, players have the option to send any teenage Sim to college. The teen then moves out of the family's home and into a special "college town," transitioning into a young adult. Sims in college reside in dorms, Greek houses, or private residences if they can afford to do so. They must choose a major and attend classes, while trying to develop new social contacts and retain relationships formed at home. Upon graduation, the Sim returns to their home neighborhood, a full-grown adult and has many more career opportunities compared to Sims who did not attend college. The majors available are: Mathematics, Philosophy, Physics, Political science, Psychology, Art, Biology, Drama, Economics, History, and Literature.
- New careers: UNI adds four new career paths that can only be entered by college graduates, though the choice of which careers require degrees seems a bit odd. (Apparently, Sims don't require a degree to be a doctor, but they need one to go into show business). These new careers come with new career reward objects, such as the "antique camera" for the artist career, which allows your Sims to take photographs of their world and hang them on the wall, and the Cowplant for the natural science career which brings the more...undesirable inhabitants of the neighborhood to their demise. There is also a plastic surgery station for the show business career, so that Sims born with more "unique" facial features can alter their appearance.
- New life state: The fourth career reward object added comes from the new paranormal career, and adds a new life state to the game. The Resurrect-O-Nomitron gives your Sims the ability to bring their loved ones back from the dead by "calling the Grim Reaper." However, raising the dead comes with a price. When a Sim places the call to the beyond, they may end up with the Sim revived, but as a zombie.
- New music: Includes College Rock and Jazz. All songs are in Simlish.
- New interactions: They are there to help you in your college life or just have fun, e.g. Streaking.
- New self interactions: Sims can now buy a cell phone, MP3 player or handheld game from a vending machine on campus. Sims can then use these objects autonomously or by user-direction.
- New themes: There are several clothing and furnishing themes in this expansion, including Greek, Punk and '60s. These include new wallpapers, furniture and clothing.
- Secret societies: Some members of the campus community walk around in snappy suits. Befriend three or more of these Sims and you will join the secret society. These societies allow Sims to use the interaction, Secret Handshake, Hack Grades on a computer and use the society's club house, which has a Cowplant, Resurrect-O-Nomitron and a camera.
- New social interactions: There are new social interactions such as instruments like the bass, guitar and drums, pranks and pillow fights. Sims can also have study groups, which improves relationships with other Sims while boosting grades. Sims can also influence other Sims to do certain things by clicking the "Influence To...". There is also a new interaction called "Hang Out."
- Create a Student: A new way to create young adult students, somewhat similar to Create a Sim except just for that life stage.
- New objects: There is now a treadmill available and newer weight machines.
University Life CollectionEdit
The Sims 2 University Life Collection includes The Sims 2: University, The Sims 2: Teen Style Stuff and The Sims 2: IKEA Home Stuff. A PC version was announced on TheSims2.com website on July 8, 2009, and released in North America on August 24, 2009.
|The Sims 2: University theme|
|The Sims 2: University Loading Screen|
|Arch of The Sim|
|Stop and Sim|
|Very Very Rich Town|
|This Conversation is Over|
|Fly Foam De Flirt|
|See Toast Te Ya|
|Down in Town|
|Good Evening Bella|
|Sim on the Edge|
|Fire of the Newbie|
|Salsa of the SimKing|
- Patch for The Sims 2: University
- Cheats for The Sims 2: University
- Comparison between The Sims 2: University and The Sims 3: University Life
- ↑ Community lot speakers for the College Rock and Jazz channels were not included, but are available as custom content from ModTheSims.
- ↑ The Sims 2 University Life Collection homepage at the Wayback Machine (archived June 14, 2012)