|The Sims 2 for PSP|
|US Box Art for the PSP Version|
|Ratings|| CERO: B|
|Series||The Sims series|
|Release date(s)|| NA December 7, 2005|
PAL January 13, 2006
|Engine||Modified PC/Mac Sims 2 Engine|
|Aspect ratio||16:9 (actually 30:17)|
|Platform(s)||PlayStation Portable, PlayStation Vita|
|Mode(s)||Single-player and Multi-player (Sim trade only)|
|Media||Universal Media Disc, digital download (cannot be purchased after 2014)|
|System requirements||PSP (firmware version 2.00 or later), Memory Stick with at least 596 KB of free space.|
The Sims 2 (PSP) is the first of The Sims series for the PlayStation Portable system. It takes place in Strangetown, but unlike the GBA and DS versions, the PSP version is based on the Windows version; the graphics are similar. This is the only PSP Sims game that is minigame as well as mission based. (The Sims 2: Pets is not mission based).
It could be purchased from the PlayStation Network and downloaded on the both Sony's PSP and PS Vita handheld video game console. However, this game has been removed from the store in the 2014 by EA as The Sims 2 is no longer supported. Luckily, people whose purchased game before the discontinuation on the original UMD or from the PSN can still play/download the game on the PSP or PS Vita (digital only). On the PS Vita game has enabled double texture filtering and scaling to the HD resolution.
The Sims 2 features 6 minigames (the other 2 are skill building and socializing). Players can only have 3 Sims per Memory Stick regardless of capacity, and 4 saves per Sim.
The Sims 2 for PSP has combined control style from both the GBA and DS versions for example L and R rotates the camera and "Circle" is used for Perks (similar to the Tools from the GBA version)
- This section is in need of additional information. You can help The Sims Wiki by expanding this section.
Differences between The Sims 2 PSP, GBA and DSEdit
- ESRB Rating: The Sims 2 for PSP is rated Teen while The Sims 2 for GBA and DS is rated E10+.
- Start and Select: Unlike the GBA version of The Sims 2, Start brings the menu whereas in the GBA version Start shows Goals, Pockets, Relationships, etc.
Create a SimEdit
Create-A-Sim in The Sims 2 for PlayStation Portable is controlled using the , , and buttons. The first phase of creating a Sim is gender, color, hair, hair color, and face. The second phase has eyes, nose, facial hair, lower and upper parts of the face. The third and fourth phase has clothes, glasses (optional, includes sunglasses), and a name. will continue or start the game (in the fourth phase), while will either cancel the phase (for improvements) or cancel everything (during the first phase). Players can also customize neighbors, but cannot change their names.
- Girl You Know (by Ashton Felt)
- Rub Me Right (by Tina Mansfield)
- Duck Low (by Elastic Rocket)
- Out of Date (by Carbon 14)
- Rock Rock on (by Crackotage)
- Asleep on My Feet (by The Kine)
- You Don't Even Have to Ask (by Rusty and Dusty Parker)
- Love's Having It's Way With Me (by Sophie West)
- Just Let Go (by Ficherspooner)
- Sims Theme Remix (by Junkie XL)
- Chunklingtung (by Pe-Erre and Kyntero)
- Wia Wia (by Pantera Y Nicco)
- Baddown (by Grass Roots)
- Park It There (by Gen-3-Fl)
- Another World (by Kitty Shack)
- Take Me Home, Please (by Reggie & the Full Effect)
- Pressure (by Paramore)
- Suddenly (by Ryan Ferguson)