- Take Your Sims to the Future - For the first time in The Sims franchise, you can play with life in the future! Enter the Time Portal and take your Sims to a new world that exists hundreds of years in the future where they can explore a whole new way of life.
- Experiment with Future Technology - Witness how new technologies for entertainment, transportation, or the home will reinvent the way your Sims eat, sleep, travel, socialize, work, and have fun. Your Sims can learn how to use this all-new technology in the future and take their Advanced Technology Skill back to the present to get the most out of these objects there!
- Change Life in the Future - Your Sims’ present-day actions will lay the groundwork for their future legacy. Your Sims can even meet their future descendants and change their destinies by actions taken in the present! With opportunities to alter the fate of the future, will your Sims strive to create an ultra-utopian society or a world of chaos?
- Tell New Stories with the All-New Create-A-Bot - Build and customize a variety of Plumbots and add them to your Sims’ household! Create unique “trait chips” that you can then use to program your Plumbots. With the ability to hold up to seven trait chips, these Plumbots are bound to act and behave in surprising ways. What would happen if you combined the Robonanny and Sinister Circuits chips?
- Buy and Build the Homes of the Future - Futurize your Sims’ homes with holographic TVs, easels, plants and computers, and zip between floors through tube elevators. Install automatic-sliding doors, peaceful rooftop gardens, and glass floors and walls to give their homes that perfect futuristic touch. The home of the future is whatever you want it to be!
- Play with a New World Hundreds of Years into the Future – Strap on a jetpack and visit a futuristic shopping plaza to browse and purchase the latest gadgets and apparel from a variety of interactive pedestals. Enjoy a delicious synthesized meal served by Plumbots in the outdoor café. Take on futuristic careers by becoming a Plumbot dealer or a renowned astronomer at Stellar Observatory. Or, go way out to explore the vast wasteland – who knows, your Sims might find rare relics and perhaps clues as to what happened to the ocean!
- Time Travel
- Emit Relevart, the time traveler, will appear in the main world. He will give Sims the almanac of time and leave his time portal for Sims to travel to Oasis Landing, a futuristic sub-neighborhood.
- Sims can travel to a normal, dystopian, or utopian future. Only one of these future events may occur, as the players can only choose one of them at a time.
- Players can use the time almanac to trigger any of the events. Alternatively, Sims can convince other Sims in the main world to manually trigger the future event.
- While Sims travel to the future, the time in the main world is paused. Sims can stay in Oasis Landing indefinitely.
- Sims are able to revert the future by mastering the Advanced Technology skill and resetting the time continuum on the time portal, or by purchasing the Time Remote Control lifetime reward. Reverting will completely erase any progress made in the future.
- There are many futuristic items in the future, including dream pods, bot workshops, food and drink synthesizers, holographic computers, sonic showers, pneumatic elevators, jetpacks, and hoverboards.
- Hover cars are the main form of transportation in the future. In addition, Sims can use a hoverboard instead of walking, or a jetpack to instantly travel to their destination. Sims can also use ZEPHYR, a public transportation network or monorail rabbit hole, similar to subways.
- Almanac of Time
- The almanac of time can be viewed to keep tabs of the future progress. The almanac appears in Sim's inventory. There are 3 tabs in the almanac.
- Events tab
- There are 3 types of future events: normal, dystopian, or utopian.
- In the dystopian future, Oasis Landing appears as a desolate environment, and experiences apocalyptic events such as meteor strikes.
- In the utopian future, Oasis Landing is lush and colorful, Sims will also walk joyfully.
- Descendants tab
- Sims can view the information about their descendants who will live in the future.
- The Sim's appearance and traits will have an impact on what their descendants will look like and how they will behave. A Sim's traits may even affect their future family's worth.
- For example, the size of a descendant's family depends on a Sim's positive or negative traits, as well as how many Sims live in the household.
- A Sim's traits which determine finances, such as Workaholic or Ambitious, as well as their owned properties, can also impact the descendant's family funds.
- The descendant's existence doesn't always stay the same. Events that occur in the present may change the descendants as well, such as changing traits, occult type, or household size.
- Legacy Statues tab
- Sims in the future can have their own legacy statues by performing certain tasks in the present.
- There are 5 different legacy statues that Sims can earn: The Lustrous Entertainer, The Pioneer of Plumbotics, The Renowned Philanthropist, The Time Keeper, and The Trendsetter.
- Entries in the time almanac explain how to achieve each of the legacy statues.
- Achieving a legacy statue will give unique rewards to the Sim, and a Sim can achieve multiple legacy statues at once. Future Sims will also applaud the Sim when they are in the future.
- New life state - Plumbot
- Plumbots can be created in a bot workshop with Create a Bot if the Bot Building skill is high enough. They can also be purchased from the bot emporium in Oasis Landing.
- Regular plumbots by default don't have any specialties. Sims with high Bot Building skills however can create trait chips for the plumbots to give more advanced functionality. The capacity of a plumbot's trait chips can be increased by upgrading the plumbot's trait chip slots.
- Plumbots that are created with higher Bot Building skill are worth more, and their maintenance and battery power drain at a slower rate. Sims can also sell their plumbots to earn money.
- Plumbots can enter plumbot competitions at the plumbot competition arena in Oasis Landing.
- There are 3 types of plumbot competitions: BattleBot competition, Bot Building competition, and EmotiBotting competition. Each type has 3 levels: beginner, advanced, and international.
- Some competitions require certain trait chips and skills. Make sure the plumbot fulfills the requirements.
- It is possible to create Plumbots resembling Servos.
- New world
- Oasis Landing
- New traits
- The boom in Bot technology has left many Sims fascinated and intrigued by these complex machines. While many Sims are at home with their organic bodies, some would prefer to be a Bot instead.
- When a pile of disjointed components rattle around a Sim's head, they tend to be called "Unstable." Their traits are in a constant unpredictable flux and delusional episodes are just around the corner.
- New favorites
- New skills
- New lifetime wishes
- High Tech Collector - Most Sims use technology and some may understand it, but few truly appreciate it the way you do. By amassing a vast collection of your most beloved hardware, you might build a living museum to the machines you love!
- Reach Level 10 in Advanced Technology Skill
- Own a Hover Board, Dream Pod, Food Synthesizer, Holo Disc, and Jet Pack
- More than a Machine - Through dedicated study, you may build great Plumbots. It takes very special inspiration to imbue them with Sentience! Those superb citizens bridging this gap are examples to Sim and Bot alike: symbols of the civilization they both share.
- Reach Level 10 in Bot Building Skill
- Give a Plumbot Sentience
- Made the Most of my Time - So few Sims get the opportunity to Time Travel, and you're determined to make the most of it! Tweaking alternate timelines is an obvious choice, but what if you could also achieve immortality by winning your community's eternal respect?
- Experience All Alternate Futures
- Be Honored with a Legacy Statue
- New lifetime rewards
- Portal Immunity - Never suffer from the effects of Time Travel Sickness while traveling through time again! (5,000 points)
- Future Sim - Become the Sim of the Future, today! Receive an upgraded phone and fit in better while in Oasis Landing. (10,000 points)
- Trait Chip Bundle - Get a bundle of assorted Trait Chips for your Plumbots without having to design or create them! (10,000 points)
- Time Remote Control - The power to control time! Allows for Oasis Landing Utopian, Dystopian, and Normal states to be selected at the click of a button. (30,000 points)
- New careers
- Astronomer (rabbit hole career)
- Astrophysicist and Space Explorer branches
- Bot Arena (rabbit hole career)
- Arena Official and Arena Mechanic branches
- Bot Builder (skill career)
- New collectibles
- Three Eyed Fish (common)
- Rainbow Snail (uncommon)
- Pill Bug (common)
- Honeypot Ant (uncommon)
- Crystal Flower (common)
- New types of death
- Death by falling from the sky
- Death of time anomaly
- Other new features
- Sims can engineer a baby with other Sims at the hospital. They can customize the baby's DNA or randomize it.
- There are new computer games: Rhombi's Destiny, Practical Pockets, and Robo Football.
- The future world has holographic tombstones.
- Sims can WooHoo on a jetpack, the ZEPHYR and the Bot Workshop.
- Nanites can be found with the Collection Helper lifetime reward and tracked in the collection journal.
- New gnome: Voltron Gnome.
- New romance interaction: Dip Kiss.
- There is a beard for men that is similar to the beard of Seneca Crane from The Hunger Games trilogy.
- Unlike the last expansion pack of the previous two series, this pack does not have magic as a theme. Instead, the magic theme was included in The Sims 3: Supernatural.
- The Tardisian Well Sonic Shower is a reference to the TV series Doctor Who, as the Doctor's time machine is called the TARDIS. It may also be a nod to the Doctor's multi-purpose tool, the "sonic screwdriver", though sonic showers are common in science fiction.
- The time portal used in-game is called the Wellsian Time Portal. This could be a reference to H.G. Wells's sci-fi novel "The Time Machine".
- When looking closely inside an All-In-One Bathroom, there are three seashells on a shelf. This is a reference to the movie, Demolition Man.
- Into the Future lessons at pinguintech.
- In depth Into the Future preview by Pulversoppa at The Sims 3 forum.
|"The Sims" Chronology|
The Sims 3: Movie Stuff
September 10, 2013
|The Sims series PC games|| Followed by|
The Sims 4
The Sims 3: Island Paradise
June 25, 2013
|The Sims 3 expansion packs||Last expansion pack|
for The Sims 3
|The Sims series expansion packs|| Followed by|
First The Sims 4 expansion pack