The Sims 3 Late Night gives players all-access to and lets them loose on a vibrant, active downtown scene where they’ll rub elbows with celebrities at the hottest parties, hit the local bar after work, tour the scene with their Sims’ band, kick back in a plush hot tub, and discover what’s lurking as the lights go out and adventure begins after dark.
Players will be able to take their Sims into the bustling urban setting where they’ll be able to become local celebrities, members of music bands, mixologists, directors, and more. To gain entrance into the most elite clubs in town, Sims need to keep their attitude in check, otherwise they’ll be given the cold shoulder by tough bouncers -or they can find another way onto the list. If chilling is the player’s forte, their Sims can lounge at a chic club or dive bar. Or, if they like to live on the edge, they can discover the secret of becoming a vampire.
Whether embarking on a new career, painting the town red, or throwing a party on the rooftop of a penthouse, it’s always up to the player to tell their unique stories with The Sims 3. What will happen when the lights go out and Sims get all access?
- Unleash your Sims in more interesting and unpredictable social situations! Schmooze with celebrities on the rooftop of a skyscraper, woo the crowd with your Sims’s band, or be the best bartender in town at the hottest new lounge
- Hang out at the hippest spots in town, from dive bars to dance clubs to chic lounges, complete with bouncers
- Gain fame and fortune as a member of a music band, mixologist, director, or local celebrity
- Wander into a certain part of town and your Sims just might uncover the secret to becoming a vampire
- Gain access to exclusive areas and enjoy celebrity perks like penthouse living, luxury hot tubs and cars
- New neighborhood: Bridgeport
- Returning life state, vampires
- New NPCs: Musicians, dilettantes, paparazzi, celebrities and bouncers 
- Returning NPC, butler 
- New build tools: Penthouse lofts, mini-stages, curved pools, fountain tool, half-walls (the curved pools, fountain tool, and half-walls are also included in a patch for the base game.)
- New and returning objects: See List of Objects in Late Night.
- New life time rewards:
- The Hustler – 5,000 Points
The Hustler is unusually good at bar games, such as Darts, Foosball, and Shuffleboard.
- Watering Hole Regular – 7,500 Points
Watering Hole Regulars are frequent customers at local bars, so they get a discount on all drinks and food.
- The Next Big Thing – 10,000 Points
Sims who are the Next Big Thing are bound to make any band successful. They earn extra Simoleons when playing gigs with a band.
- Excellent Groupie – 10,000 Points
Excellent Groupies make every group outing a good time!
- Master of Seduction – 15,000 Points
Masters of Seduction never feel the pain of romantic rejection. Their romantic advances always succeed.
- Better Mixologist – 15,000 Points
Better Mixologists make higher quality drinks than the average Sims.
- Always on the List – 17,500 Points
Sims who are Always on the List will never be refused entry into bars, clubs, and lounges.
- Map to the Stars – 20,000 Points
Sims with a Map to the Stars can see all Celebrity homes in Map View, making it easy to be a frequent uninvited guest!
- The Hustler – 5,000 Points
- New career: Film (Director branch and Actor branch) including part-time Film career (Bartending is not a career)
- New skills: Piano, Bass, Drums, Mixology
- New lot types: High-rise penthouses for Sims to live in  ,Skyscrapers, Film Studio and all new clubs.
- Transportation: Subway/Underground System
- New traits: Shy and Star Quality
- New CAS features: New body sliders: Muscles for males and females, breast-sliders for females. which like all sliders have two extremes
- New clothes and hairstyles in CAS.
- New cooking dishes: Hot Wings, Nachos, Tacos
- Mixology drinks: Different drinks have different moodlet effects. (Such as better romantic interactions)
- New radio station: Hip-Hop 
- New interactions: "Make a move" , sit & talk while drinking , dance up on the bar and tables, go skinny dipping, steal the clothes from Sims who are skinny dipping, Leaning on Wall whilst talking to a Sim..
- Zodiac signs, which provide a slight relationship boost if they match or are compatible with that of another Sim.
- A Sim who is a celebrity can attempt to escape the paparazzi
- A Sim who is a celebrity can welcome the paparazzi, but they might expose their private life
- Real world celebrities are not in Late Night (like in The Sims: Superstar), though some Sims might "represent" a real-world celebrity. (Possibly similar to Sofia Carlton)
- Sims can have a day-job and still make Simoleons at night
- Sims can get past a bouncer by sneaking in, bribing them, hacking their way in or getting in with celebrity status.
- Some nightclubs have a VIP-section.
- Bridgeport is three times bigger than Twinbrook.
- The tallest building in Bridgeport is the Simolean Traders Financial Center. It has an exclusive lounge for celebrities in the penthouse.
- Players receive four exclusive objects when they register Late Night. 
- Carbon steel, smithsonite, tungsten carbide and vampires eye are new metals
- Spider and Termite are new insects. Kissing Gourami, Sea Sludge and Sewer Trilobite are new fish
- Players can now choose which lifetime wish for created Sims, rather than having to select from five that are based on that Sim's traits.
- Patch 17 was released alongside Late Night and included astrological signs and new muscle and breast sliders to the base game.
- If a Sim is a celebrity, their offspring could become one as well.
- The Plasma 501 is in one of the tallest skyscrapers. It is for celebrities as well as vampires.
- A Sim who is a celebrity might get caught doing bad things, like WooHooing in public. If this happens, they get a bad moodlet for 3 days which causes them to never get discounts and drops their fame level.
- Celebrity Sims occasionally get free items in their family inventory.
- Celebrity Sims can get sent a special car that cannot be bought outside of buydebug, and it's called the Extravagator 5000.
It was confirmed on July 20, 2010 at EA's Studio Showcase 2010. According to an official sneak peek at Late Night, it would offer players a more mature, realistic and urban environment when compared to earlier similar expansions. Previews of the expansion described it as being more about friend outings than dating and to be more simulation-driven instead of opportunity-driven as the first two expansionswere.
Late Night has been featured at a few real-life and internet events.
2010 EA Studio ShowcaseEdit
EA holds an annual Studio Showcase where upcoming games are featured. This page show the Late Night segment for 2010. The video was originally available for live streaming through Gamespot at 1 PM PST (21:00 UTC) and was archived at the same address afterward.
Twitter with Grant RodiekEdit
GamesCom is the largest trade fair and event highlight for interactive games and entertainment. It is based in Cologne, Germany.
The event ran from August 18-22, 2010.
Video screenshots from Video:The Sims 3 Late Night Trailer.
The following section features recordings from real-life artists. The files are of inferior quality of the original recording and are only 30 seconds in duration. The files will play at your system's volume settings. We suggest you turn down your volume and then adjust it to your liking. If you have problems listening to the audio files, see Help:Audio files.
This is a list of artists and their songs that were featured in Late Night:
|Bryan Rice||There for You|||
|Chiddy Bang||Here We Go|||
|Electrolightz||Miss Outta Control|||
|Hadag Nahash||Lo Maspik|||
|Jessica Mauboy||Saturday Night|||
|Junkie XL||Live Wired|||
|Kelly Rowland||Rose Colored Glasses|||
|King Fantastic||All Black Ying Yang (The Party Song)|||
|My Chemical Romance||Na Na Na|||
|Nikki & Rich||Next Best Thing|||
|The Ready Set||More Than Alive|||
|Soulja Boy||Speakers Going Hammer|||
|Travie McCoy||Need You|||
- RestrictBuildBuyInBuildings [on or true / off or false] - Allows unrestricted build and buy modes in high-rise buildings. Must have testingcheatsenabled on.
- The Sims 3: Late Night on TheSims3.com
- News announcement on TheSims3.com
- Official Press Release on EA.com
- The Sims 3 Late Night at EA Games.
- Carl's Sims 3 Late Night Guide - Tour of New Features.
- ↑ Press Release
- ↑ - The Sims 3 Late Night
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 The Sims 3 Late Night – fact sheet at SimPrograms
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 4.2 4.3 The Sims 3 Late Night Expansion Pack! at TheSims3.com
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 5.2 See Studio Showcase 2010.
- ↑ 6.0 6.1 Gamespot - The Sims 3 Late Night Expansion Pack Impressions
- ↑ 7.0 7.1 7.2 Gameguru interview at Prosims Russian (English translation)
- ↑ Tweet @TheSims3 What's new in build mode? @__Diddle Half walls, building inside shell buildings...there is a LOT of build/buy stuff.
- ↑ 9.0 9.1 The Sims 3 - Sneak peek at The Sims 3 Late Night
- ↑ Tweet @TheSims3 in the new expansion late night can you become an actor? @DrewxHoopah Yes, that's one of the paths in the new Film Career. That and Directing.
- ↑ 11.0 11.1 11.2 11.3 11.4 11.5 Sims3nieuws - Late Night preview
- ↑ 12.0 12.1 SimsNetwork - The Sims 3 Late Night @ Gamescom 2010
- ↑ El33tonline Exclusive Q & A with Associate Producer of The Sims 3
- ↑ tweet regarding subways
- ↑ 15.0 15.1 GameSpot - The Sims 3 Late Night Expansion Pack Impressions
- ↑ tweet regarding new CAS sliders 07/29/10
- ↑ tweet from Grant Rodiek
- ↑ http://www.simcookie.com/dossiers-sims/preview-the-sims-3-late-nigth/
- ↑ Tweet @Robodl95 One of my favorite new romantic options is to make a move. There are some very sexy new dance animations too...
- ↑ Tweet @TheSims3 Do you know how to make Sims talk while sitting down? And can you tell me about forming a band in Late Night? :) @WTC4ever We've done a lot of work to make sure Sims can talk while sitting down, having a drink, and more. It looks great!
- ↑ 21.0 21.1 Gamesradar - The Sims 3: Late Night
- ↑ 22.0 22.1 22.2 22.3 22.4 22.5 Interview Les Sims 3 : Accès VIP french (English translation)
- ↑ http://www.edenstyle.it/expansion-packs-late-night/cas-updates-late-night-preview.html
- ↑ 24.0 24.1 24.2 GamesRadar - EXCLUSIVE: What it’s like to be a celebrity The Sims 3: Late Night
- ↑ 25.0 25.1 Today On the Spot - EA Studio Showcase at Gamespot
- ↑ SimTimes - Tweet #21654683096
- ↑ 27.00 27.01 27.02 27.03 27.04 27.05 27.06 27.07 27.08 27.09 27.10 27.11 27.12 27.13 27.14 27.15 27.16 27.17 EA News - Flo Rida, My Chemical Romance, Travie McCoy, 3oh!3, and More Partner with EA on the Uber Popular Life Simulator Series The Sims
- ↑ Hadouken!'s Twitter
- ↑ Hadouken! Re amendment Tweet
- ↑ 30.0 30.1 30.2 30.3 'Sims 3' exclusive: Travie McCoy, My Chemical Romance and more sing in Simlish
- ↑ Travis McCoy's Twitter
This article is a Featured Article. Its layout and content is an example of excellence on The Sims Wiki.
Dates featured: November 2010.
|"The Sims" Chronology|
The Sims 3: Fast Lane Stuff
September 7, 2010
|The Sims series PC games|| Followed by|
The Sims 3: Outdoor Living Stuff
February 1, 2011
The Sims 3: Ambitions
June 1, 2010
|The Sims 3 expansion packs|| Followed by|
The Sims 3: Generations
May 31, 2011
|The Sims series expansion packs|