- More pets means more fun! Create a wide variety of unique dogs, cats, and—for the first time ever—horses! Think your Sim has what it takes to tame a wild horse?
- Build a collection of Lizards, Turtles, Snakes, and Birds!
- New NPC animals: deer, raccoons and wild horses.
- The player has full control of a Sim's pet to chase, dig, tackle and more.
- Life stages for pets are: Puppy/Kitten/Foal, Adult, and Elder 
- Pets can learn skills. Cats and dogs can learn to hunt, dogs can learn to locate collectibles and fetch Sims a date, and horses can learn racing and jumping.
- Exclusive Limited Edition content! Only in The Sims 3 Pets Limited Edition for PC/Mac will you receive a pet store filled with one-of-a-kind objects.
- The player is able to adopt a horse and can be transported around town on the horse.
- The player can train a horse to be a race horse.
- There are 46 cat breeds, 72 big dog breeds, 46 small dog breeds and 30 horse breeds. Players may have a poodle with short hair, or also have a Poodle with Dalmatian spots. 
- The player not only gets to choose the dominant pattern, but he or she also gets to pick an accessory pattern and both can be colored in whatever way you want. In horses, the mane and tail color are independent of the main color of the horse.
- New pet motives, Destruction for Dogs, Scratch for Cats, Exercise and Thirst for Horses. 
- The player can add colorful markings on their fur and slide them around wherever they want on their Sims' pets bodies! Markings are also in layers and can be placed in any order. 
- Sims can also take in stray pets.
- Pets have their own wishes and lifetime rewards. 
- The player can assign features and traits to pets.
- Pets can meet, fall in love, reproduce, and have family trees. 
- Pets have inherited genetics. 
- New Small pets
- New skill for Sims: Riding.
- New music styles:
- New traits for Sims:
- New Lifetime Wishes for Sims are:
- Ark Builder
- The Zoologist
- The Animal Rescuer
- The Jockey
- Fairytale Finder
- Canine Companion
- Cat Herder
- New Multi-Rabbithole: The Diner and the Supermarket, the Science lab and the Hospital, and more!
- New truck - ice cream truck, similar to the food truck. It sells ice cream and does not require a parking spot.
- The Collections from The Sims 2. Players have to categorize Buy and Build mode objects themselves.
- New shopping lists: In grocery stores, players may now create, save, view, and complete their own shopping list of items within the rabbithole's shopping menu.
- Cooking options: Sims have the option to cook Gourmet food for their pets. The food can be Duck, Chicken, Steak gourmet food. The pets will get a positive moodlet if they eat it. Gourmet Kitty, Gourmet Pooch or Gourmet Horsie.
Traits are also featured for pets just like Sims. There are total of 30 pet traits. Each pet can have three traits. More traits can be "trained" by reinforcing certain behaviors. Some traits are unique to one species, and some can be for any species. There are also some traits that will conflict with one another, such as Agile and Hates to Jump.
- This section is in need of additional information. You can help The Sims Wiki by expanding this section.
A trailer was leaked at the same time as the The Sims 3: Generations one. An official trailer has since been released, announcing the game. As with other expansion packs, there was a 'hint' in the Generations expansion pack, being a paw print on the back of any baby/toddler magical gnomes.
- This is the first time that games or expansions in two different "generations" of The Sims series have the same title.
- The PC version is bundled in a package with the base game as The Sims 3 Plus Pets.
- A playable demo for Create a Pet was released on September 27th 2011 via Origin.
- This is the first game in The Sims 3 series which soundtrack is not composed by Steve Jablonsky. He is instead replaced by composer Christopher Lennertz, who had previously worked on the Mass Effect soundtrack..
- The Sims 3: Pets shares a very similar melody theme with other games such as the base game, The Sims 2: University, The Sims 2: Open for Business, The Sims 2: Pets, The Sims 2: FreeTime and The Sims 3: Late Night.
- In the trailer of this game, the Grim Reaper can be seen riding a horse into a portal. In The Sims 2, the Grim Reaper is mentioned as a horse lover.
- Plan B Stay Too Long from the trailer was not released in Similish and is not found in the stereo.
In addition to licensed music, the expansion will feature an orchestral score. Unlike the base game and preceding expansion packs that were composed by Steve Jablonsky, the score for Pets is composed by Christopher Lennertz. The orchestral score is available as a download from the iTunes Store.
The following section features recordings from real-life artists. The files are of inferior quality of the original recording and are only 30 seconds in duration. The files will play at your system's volume settings. We suggest you turn down your volume and then adjust it to your liking. If you have problems listening to the audio files, see Help:Audio files.
This is a list of artists and their songs that are to be featured in Pets:
|Plan B||Stay Too Long|||
|Alex Boyd||Light Up Tonight|
|Erasure||Where I Start To (Break It All Down)|
|Asher Roth||Another One Down|
|BG5||Lay A Little Sunshine|
|Earnhardt Jr. Dale Jr||Morning Thought|
|Joshua Radin||Here Lies|
|Katy Rose||A Part Of It|
|Luke Bryan||Country Girl (Shake It For Me)|
|Martina McBride||Teenage Daughters|
|Mona||Lean Into The Fall|
|Outasight||Life Or Something Like It|
|Rock Mafia||The Big Bang|
|The KickDrums||Counting On You|
|The Lunabelles||A Place To Shine|
|Thompson Square||I Got You|
|Wolf Gang||The King And All Of His Men|
|Fall On Your Sword||New Ways to Vandalize Your Heart|
- ↑ Release Date
- ↑ The Sims 3 Pets - Gamescom Trailer (Germany)
- ↑ EA.com - The Sims 3 Pets
- ↑ 
- ↑ The Sims 3.com - The Sims 3 Pets
- ↑ E3: Sims 3 Pets is Just What You’d Expect
- ↑ EA.com - The Sims 3 Pets
- ↑ 8.0 8.1 8.2 8.3 The Sims 3 Pets Live Broadcast Notes
- ↑ https://www.facebook.com/TheSims3/posts/10150205728060079
- ↑ Returning of collections
- ↑ EA - The Sims 3 Plus Pets is a Purr-fect Package
- ↑ TheSims3.com - News and Events - Create a Pet demo
- ↑ SimPrograms - The Sims 3: Pets Soundtrack
- ↑ iTunes - Music - The Sims 3 Pets by EA Games Soundtrack
- ↑ The Sims 3: Pets soundtrack
- ↑ SimPrograms - The Songs of The Sims 3 Pets
|"The Sims" Chronology|
The Sims Medieval: Pirates and Nobles
August 30, 2011
|The Sims series PC games|| Followed by|
The Sims 3: Master Suite Stuff
January 24, 2012
|The Sims series expansion packs|| Followed by|
The Sims 3: Showtime
March 6, 2012
The Sims 3: Generations
May 31, 2011
|The Sims 3 expansion packs|