The game is reminiscent of previous expansion packs The Sims: Vacation and The Sims 2: Bon Voyage as players can take their Sims away to vacation destinations. The three vacation destination sub-neighborhoods in World Adventures are inspired by real-world countries, though the locations themselves are fictional. In addition to visiting exotic locations, Sims can engage in a number of adventures, make discoveries and explore hidden parts of each sub-neighborhood.
Take your Sims on the adventure of their lives with The Sims 3 World Adventures. Guide your Sims to acclaimed fortune—or potential doom. Take your Sims to exotic destinations to hunt for hidden treasures. Uncover new skills, experience new personality traits and garner rewards, if your Sims succeed. Explore ancient tombs in the pyramids of Egypt, master martial arts in the Far East, and discover rich culture and famous landmarks of France. Adventure is on the horizon — what will your Sims discover?
- New life state: Mummy.
- Accept challenges, find relics, discover what’s lurking in tombs and more.
- Explore famous landmarks in pastiche countries such as China, Egypt, and France, each neighbourhood roughly the same size as Sunset Valley.
- New game-play features such as puzzles and traps and choices that may change the appearance of the countries for good.
- New Plants including new species of grapes and Fish (frogs, snails, and crocodiles).
- Collecting: 12 new gems, 8 new metals, 6 new butterflies, 3 new beetles.
- Sims can also purchase snake charming baskets and try to charm them.
- Meet new Sims from exotic locations, inherit and share their cultures.
- Customize your Sims homes with new styles & artifacts from their adventures.
- More architectural items, such as stairs and fences, are now fully customisable in Create a Style.
- New skills: Martial Arts, Nectar Making and Photography.
- New traits: Disciplined, Photographer's Eye and Adventurous. There are also hidden cultural traits that Sims can only get (such as a Sim eating with chopsticks) by having a child with a native from a certain country.
- Stores aren't rabbit holes in the destinations.
- A new basement tool which makes them easier to build.
- New Death: The Mummy's Curse.
- New Pagoda roof styles and decorations.
- Various new items relating to the 3 destinations: China, France, and Egypt.
- New lifetime wishes such as visionary or seasoned traveler.
- Music by artists in Simlish: Nelly Furtado – “Manos al Aire”, Pixie Lott – “Mama Do”, Stefanie Heinzmann – “No One Can Change My Mind”, Matt & Kim – “Daylight”, Young Punx – “Juice and Gin”.
- New Cheat Code: buyDebug (requires testingcheatsenabled true).
Sims are able to vacation in new locations: Shang Simla, Champs Les Sims and Al Simhara. These new locations are the same size as the neighborhoods of Sunset Valley and Riverview, and their designs are based on the countries of China, France, and Egypt, respectively. Contrary to common knowledge, police are active in World Adventures neighborhoods; when Sims get robbed in purchased locales, they can call the police, and they come automatically when a burglar alarm goes off. There is no difference between normal Sim police and World Police.
StoresEditStores are not rabbit holes in the destinations. They are like normal houses, with a cash desk, and with an inventory of objects to sell.
There are markets and merchants in each location.
There are five kinds of markets, dictated by corresponding registers:
- The general store;
- The bookshop;
- The restaurant;
- The relic store
- The nectary.
- Also, to attain the items you buy at stores in Egypt, China, and France, you can type testingcheatsenabled true into the cheats console, then type in buydebug. This will give you all types of things, even Pangu's Axe and the Eye of Horus. Most of the rare items cost nothing.
There is also a special merchant, a Sim who sells exclusive items for ancient coins. The merchant sells forbidden items. You can find ancient coins while exploring a tomb.
Announcement and releaseEdit
The announcement and release of World Adventures confirmed speculation that expansion packs would be released after The Sims 3, as its predecessors The Sims and The Sims 2 had numerous expansion packs. The first hint of this expansion pack showed up on a French gaming site JeuxVideoPC.com in March 2009, under the title Les Sims 3 Destination Adventure. The game was officially announced on August 3, 2009 at a press release for Electronic Arts. Information about the game appeared on both The Sims 2 and The Sims 3 websites after this.
- Get $10 worth of free SimPoints for The Sims 3 Store (1000 SimPoints).
|"The Sims" Chronology|
The Sims 2 Best of Business Collection
October 6, 2009
|The Sims series PC games|| Followed by|
The Sims 2 Fun with Pets Collection
January 12, 2010
|First expansion pack|
for The Sims 3
|The Sims 3 expansion packs|| Followed by|
The Sims 3: Ambitions
June 1, 2010
The Sims 2: Apartment Life
August 25, 2008
|The Sims series expansion packs|