Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
For the first time ever, players can experience a full life simulation on a handheld with Nintendo DS and 3DS. However, Sims are unable to age, WooHoo, or have children. The neighborhood in the game is Beacon Bay, and many familiar Sims and/or relatives, such as Malcolm Landgraab and Alexander Goth, appear.
- It features a new Karma system.
- "Create any Sim you can imagine – give them unique personalities! Fine-tune your Sims’ appearances and personalities. Make them evil, romantic, paranoid, kleptomaniacs, or a mix of something completely different."
- "Unlock all-new Karma Powers. Wield the ultimate control over your Sims giving them wealth, beauty, and love—or take it all away with the click of a button."
- "Control your Sims’ destinies – Choose whether or not to fulfill your Sims’ destinies by making their wishes come true—or letting their dreams die. Will your Sims be rock stars, world leaders, or expert thieves? It’s up to you."
- Complete challenges to unlock additional items, new buildings and landmarks.
- Players can "sculpt" Sims using the stylus.
The trailer for The Sims 3 for Nintendo DS was released on October 7, 2010. It shows many of the original features of The Sims 3, such as cycling around town and changing Sims' appearance. It also shows the newly added features, such as 'Karma Powers'. It also shows that, unlike previous games, building and customization has been greatly expanded.
- Although The Sims 3 is marketed as a DS game, it has the Nintendo DSi product code (TWL) usually used for DSi-enhanced games although it mentions nothing about specific features on the DSi.
- Like all DSi titles, the game is region locked when played on a DSi or 3DS, as well as being affected by the Parental Controls on those systems. However, a DS or DS Lite from any region will still play the game.
- The Sims 3 is the last title of The Sims to be released on the Nintendo DS. It is also the last Sims game to be rated Everyone by the ESRB.
- The idea of Karma is taken from the Hindu religion. However, the Western interpretation of the term more accurately describes the Karma system in the game.
- Due to the presence of an adult Alexander Goth, it is presumed that the game takes place about 20–25 years after The Sims 2.
- Sims do not die. Instead, when a Sim starves or passes out, the Sim is taken to the hospital or back home respectively. Ghosts can be seen in the game, however.
- If a Sim marries a ghost, the player is able to see what they looked like before they died.
- Apartments are present in the game, but cannot be entered.[clarification needed]
- If the player uses Cosmic Curse on a Sim that is already an enemy, their relationship bar will turn green, indicating that they are now friends.
- Most traits from the PC version of The Sims 3 have been removed.