For the first time ever, players can take on up to three friends in the Life Moments Game. The neighborhood in the game is Vista Beach.
- It features the new Karma system.
- "Create any Sim you can imagine – give them unique personalities! Fine-tune your Sims’ appearances and personalities. Make them evil, romantic, paranoid, kleptomaniacs, or a mix of something completely different."
- "Unlock all-new Karma Powers. Wield the ultimate control over your Sims giving them wealth, beauty, and love—or take it all away with the click of a button."
- "Control your Sims’ destinies – Choose whether or not to fulfill your Sims’ destinies by making their wishes come true—or letting their dreams die. Will your Sims be rock stars, world leaders, or expert thieves? It’s up to you."
- Complete challenges to unlock additional items, new buildings and landmarks.
- This game features weather which can be controlled with Karma Powers such as: hail, lightning, rain, snow and thunder.
- Players can play the new Life Moments Game with up to four players. Bet on life’s most important moments to earn points and garner rewards.
- The Wii version offers direct control which will give the players the use of the Nunchuck controls and the Wii Remote.
- The beach city can be explored seamlessly with no loading screens, similar to the PC and Mac versions.
- Exclusive skate park community lot.
- Sims are able to surf and swim.
- Exclusive Tourism career.
- Meglomaniacs are introduced, similar to Ambitious and Snob.
The trailer for The Sims 3 for Wii was released on October 7, 2010. It shows many of the original features of The Sims 3, such as cycling around town and changing Sims' appearance. It also shows the newly-added features, such as 'Karma Powers' and many features exclusive to the Wii version, such as a skate park, swimming, surfing, the surf shack, weather, and direct control of Sims movement.
Player reception has been mostly negative and while major gaming sites gave it medium ratings, many players have said that the game is very glitchy. Glitches have been known to include Sims around town dying randomly in the streets, a very confusing fire code that doesn't allow a player to place furniture in an empty house that they just bought and objects that stop working. The game has also been heavily criticized for not allowing players to build their own houses, rather living in pre-made "shells" that can be furnished by the player. EA said that it cannot fix the glitches on the Wii.
Criticism and issuesEdit
The Sims 3 for console has been criticized for being too expensive with the PS3 and Xbox 360 versions costing $60 and the Wii costing $50 compared with Windows and Mac OS X costing $40. In Mid-2011, Electronic Arts lowered the price of the PS3, Xbox 360 and Wii versions to $40. The Sims 3's successor, The Sims 3 Pets will cost $50 rather than $60.
The Wii version lacks Create-a-Style in game and also lacks ages like Toddlers which can not be playable.
- The idea of Karma is taken from the Hindu religion. However, the Western interpretation of the term more accurately describes the Karma system in the game.
- While the PS3, DS and Windows/Mac are region free, the Wii and 3DS versions are region locked.
- Since the Wii does not have challenges feature from the PS3 and Xbox 360, using cheats will not cause any penalties.
- If player has a baby, it will be a child. If, due to being born, the child is not at school, this will count as skipping and homework will be incomplete.
- Despite the fact vegetarians can be created, special veggie foods like Tofu Dog are unavailable.
- Players can move their Sims with the joystick on the Nunchuk instead of clicking where the players want them to go. This control method was also used in the console version of The Sims 2.