Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
For the first time ever, players can upload and download content via Xbox Live and PlayStation Network, including player creations from the Exchange for free and new items released by EA, which cost a fee.
- The brand new Karma system which allows you to either bless or curse your Sims.
- The Create-a-Sim tool allows you to create almost any Sim you can imagine. The number of customizations available is countless. You can also set their personality with a huge choice of personality traits."
- Wishes are up to you to fulfill. You have the choice of allowing your Sims' dreams to come true or not.
- Complete challenges to unlock additional items, new buildings and landmarks.
- It has life cycles.
- It is possible to have children.
- PS3 and 360 versions feature the Exchange. It is a place where items can be uploaded and shared between both consoles..
- You can connect with Facebook and Twitter to share your achievements and trophies with others.
- The Xbox 360 and PS3 versions of the game does not have direct controls, but instead uses traditional controls as seen in The Sims 3 for PC.
- The neighborhood has short loading times when moving between areas, unlike the PC and Wii version.
- The game supports Xbox 360 achievements and PlayStation 3 trophies.
- The game features challenges to complete and rewards players for completing them by giving them challenge points which can be used to purchase new karma powers, clothes, furniture amongst other things.
Downloadable content Edit
Paid content Edit
- Asian Fusion - Melding Asian motifs and contemporary comfort, this furniture collection always has a sense of humor, much like a fortune cookie.
- Ultra Lounge Pack - Chic and sleek but always keeping comfort in mind, the Ultra Lounge set updates the jet set 70's look for today. Strong lines, curves, and an eclectic mix of metals and woods are the hallmarks of this daring design.
- Hairstyles Pack - The latest trends in Moonlight Bay hairstyles are now avaliable. These new haircuts will transform your Sims!
- Ultra Lounge Kids Bedroom - Nothing says I've got more style than years like these ultra-hip bedroom sets. From high-tech fabrics and floral mirrors, to bunny clocks and robots on the wall, there is something for every boy and girl in this collection of fashionable furniture.
- Ultra Lounge Teens Set - Too cool for school? You bet. Too cool for the rest of the house? Yep. This teenage haven has personality, spunk, and way too much style for its own good. Best of all this bedroom set has its very own TV for the teen who wants to watch all their favorite shows in their own style.
The trailer for the Sims 3 console was released on June 14, 2010. It shows many of the original features of the Sims, such as cycling around town and changing Sims' appearance. It also shows the newly added features, such as 'Karma Powers', such as when a female Sim is exposed outside a restaurant, leaving her totally nude with only the blur to cover her, presumably after doing something bad. It also shows that, unlike previous games, players are allowed to build more than one floor onto buildings. Another feature seems to be the ability to have children in the game, unlike its predecessors: (The Sims 2, The Sims 2: Pets, and The Sims 2 Castaway). The 2nd E3 trailer features the Kris Allen song, "Live Like We're Dying" and shows the possibility of the aging system as the trailer shows Sims life memories of when they were younger as well as one point of the trailer showing the 6 life stages from The Sims 3 as well as an elderly man with the Grim Reaper. The aging system was later confirmed by Sam Player in an interview with GameSpot.
The following section features recordings from real-life artists. The files are of inferior quality of the original recording and are only 30 seconds in duration. The files will play at your system's volume settings. We suggest you turn down your volume and then adjust it to your liking. If you have problems listening to the audio files, see Help:Audio files.
This is a list of artists and their songs that were featured in The Sims 3:
|Flo Rida and Jovi||Fresh I Stay|
|School of Seven Bells||Dust Devil|
|Jessica Mauboy||Saturday Night|
Reviews have been generally positive with Gameblog.fr giving 3 stars saying that it will "satisfy fans of the series". GameSpot gave a 7/10 praising the new features given to the console version but criticized the performance and load times. However, Game Informer scored the game with 9/10 on the 360 and PS3, praising The Sims Studio for the console controls and the all new features, commenting that "The console edition of Sims 3 plays just like its PC predecessor". Currently, the PS3 version of the game is scored at 77/100 at Metacritic, while the Xbox 360 version is scored at 76/100.
Criticism and issuesEdit
The Sims 3 for Console has received many criticisms when it came out such as the glitches, features and pricing.
The Sims 3 for console has been criticized for being too expensive with the PS3 and Xbox 360 versions costing $60 and the Wii costing $50 compared with Windows and Mac OS X costing $40. In Mid-2011, Electronic Arts lowered the price of the PS3, Xbox 360 and Wii versions to $40. The Sims 3's successor, The Sims 3 Pets will cost $50 rather than $60.
Like The Sims and The Sims 2 below it, the game has received mixed reviews from players with players comparing it to the PC/Windows Version despite features are returned that were only on Windows and Mac OS X such as Children.
It has also been criticized for features that were removed such as Direct Control on the PS3 and Xbox 360 versions and the inability to change Active Household. The DS version has also been criticized for lacking Children. The game also retains the 'Fire Code' which has been criticized by some users. The Sims 3 for PS3 and Xbox 360 will remove Sims that are kicked out or left behind. One user stated that if the kids move out but left the parents behind, the parents would be deleted.
Unlike previous console games, using cheats causes challenges and achievements (Xbox 360) or trophies (PS3) to be disabled. Furthermore, The Sims 3 will detect if a saved game is cheating and prevent challenges and achievements/trophies from being completed. This led to some users or websites to post warnings about using cheats in The Sims 3.
The Sims 3 has a save game glitch that causes the game to freeze when saving it. On May 18, 2011, EA released an update via Xbox Live and PlayStation Network fixing this issue.
When your Sim dies, he/she will be playable as a ghost for 5 Sim days. Also, when your Sim dies, his/her grave will appear, but after he/she becomes playable again the grave will disappear.
- The idea of karma is taken from the Hindu religion. However, the Western interpretation of the term more accurately describes the Karma system in the game.
- This is the 3rd game that is based on and plays like Windows and Mac OS X, the first 2 were The Sims and The Sims Bustin' Out.
- No 6th Generation console has a version of The Sims 3.
- If you have twins at one time then have another set the father will not show up on one of the child's family tree.
- Obtaining new career outfits works differently on the console version. On the Mac and PC versions, Sims would automatically wear the new career outfit when it's obtained and when going to work unless the Sim's supernatural state doesn't wear clothes (e.g. SimBot) or if the Sim is Singed. However, the PS3 and Xbox 360 versions ask the player if they want to go to Create a Sim or skip it where the Sim wears their Everyday outfit) when a Sim obtains a new career outfit. Pets also retains this prompt from The Sims 3.
- If a Sim's family member dies (a grandparent, or parent, for example), they will not show up on the family tree.
- This is the first time Edge Of Reality has developed a Sims title since 2002, where they developed the console remake of the original game for the PlayStation 2, Xbox, and GameCube consoles.
- Due to the presesce of Malcolm Landgraab, it's possible that the game takes place around the same time as the Mac and PC versions of The Sims 2.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 EA Announces The Sims 3 for Xbox 360, PS3, Wii and DS
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 First Details on The Sims 3 for Xbox 360, PS3, Wii and DS
- ↑ http://uk.ps3.ign.com/articles/109/1095336p1.html
- ↑ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O4SG3QqlWPc
- ↑ SimPrograms - GamesCom 2010 MegaPost – Late Night, Fast Lane, Medieval, MySims and more!
- ↑ List of achievements for Xbox 360 for The Sims 3
- ↑ The Sims 3 for Console Interview - Sam Player
- ↑ 8.0 8.1 8.2 8.3 'Sims 3' exclusive: Travie McCoy, My Chemical Romance and more sing in Simlish
- ↑ Gameblog.fr: The Sims 3 PS3 review
- ↑ Gamespot: The Sims 3 PS3 review
- ↑ Game Informer: The Sims 3 Xbox 360 review
- ↑ Game Informer: The Sims 3 PS3 review
- ↑ The Sims 3 for PS3 ratings at Metacritic
- ↑ The Sims 3 for Xbox 360 ratings at Metacritic