The Sims 3: Pets is a standalone game for consoles. It is released for PlayStation 3, Xbox 360, and Nintendo 3DS.
- You can play as your own pet that you created.
- Pets have their own traits!
- Life stages for pets are: Puppy/Kitten, Adult, and Elder 
- Pets can learn skills.
- Cats and dogs can learn to hunt, dogs can learn to locate collectibles and fetch your Sims a date.
- Players will be able to obtain new breeds such as a dog tiger husky, a dog panda chow, a cat skunk birman as well as other additional pets.
- There are also new pet motives, Destruction for Dogs and Scratch for Cats. 
- The karma powers from The Sims 3 on console returns in the console version of Pets and some of the negative karma powers relates to animals.
- There are more than 100 breeds of dogs and cats with traits that can be altered, such as fur length and pattern.
- You can assign features to pets and learn new skills, Your pets are also sims and can help your Sim.
- Pets can meet, fall in love and reproduce. Also, they can try to have puppies, kittens, and will also have family trees.
- Sugar Maple Coast is the town for PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 version, while Port Abrel is for Nintendo 3DS.
To cheat the player must press the start button and L1 L2 R1 and R2 (PS3) or LT LB RT and RB (Xbox) and a message will appear asking if you want to enable creation mode. Click yes and the player will unlock a few karma powers along with unlimited karma points and 999,999,999 Simoleons. The player's budget doesn't change if one buys or sells. However consequently the player will not receive any trophies, achievements or challenges with Creation mode enabled. 
There are a total of thirty possible pet traits. In Create-A-Pet, each pet can be given up to two traits. Pets can learn up to eleven traits, and they can also "un-learn" them. A few traits cannot be learned. Some traits are unique to one species, and some can be for any species. There are also some traits that will conflict with one another, such as Proud and Playful.
The following section features recordings from real-life artists. The files are of inferior quality of the original recording and are only 30 seconds in duration. The files will play at your system's volume settings. We suggest you turn down your volume and then adjust it to your liking. If you have problems listening to the audio files, see Help:Audio files.
This is a list of artists and their songs that are to be featured in Pets:
|Plan B||Stay Too Long|||
Trailers and videos Edit
- ↑ http://www.amazon.com/Sims-3-Pets-Limited-Playstation/dp/B0054IUWSI/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1314110097&sr=8-4
- ↑ http://www.amazon.com/Sims-3-Pets-Limited-Xbox-360/dp/B0054IUY22/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1314112456&sr=8-5
- ↑ http://www.amazon.com/Sims-3-Pets-Nintendo-3DS/dp/B0054IV0Z2/ref=sr_1_9?ie=UTF8&qid=1314110097&sr=8-9
- ↑ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1MFJCgC6jnw&feature=feedu
- ↑ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y0uuo0WkU68&feature=player_embedded
- ↑ EA.com - The Sims 3 Pets
- ↑ The Sims 3: Pets - Interview with Ben Bell
- ↑ E3: Sims 3 Pets is Just What You’d Expect
- ↑ IGN - E3 2011: The Sims 3: Pets Goes to the Dogs
- ↑ The Sims 3: Pets Announced | MK Gaming
- ↑ 11.0 11.1 11.2 11.3 11.4 The Sims 3 Pets Live Broadcast Notes
- ↑ 12.0 12.1 12.2 12.3 12.4 The Sims 3 Pets Live Broadcast
- ↑ The Sims 3 Pets Q&A with Ben Bell
- ↑ The Sims 3: Pets soundtrack