The Sims 3: Pets is a standalone game for consoles. It is released for PlayStation 3, Xbox 360, and Nintendo 3DS.
- You can play as your own pet that you created.
- Pets have their own traits!
- Life stages for pets are: Puppy/Kitten, Adult, and Elder 
- Pets can learn skills.
- Cats and dogs can learn to hunt, dogs can learn to locate collectibles and fetch your Sims a date.
- Players will be able to obtain new breeds such as a dog tiger husky, a dog panda chow, a cat skunk birman as well as other additional pets.
- There are also new pet motives, Destruction for Dogs and Scratch for Cats. 
- The karma powers from The Sims 3 on console returns in the console version of Pets and some of the negative karma powers relates to animals.
- There are more than 100 breeds of dogs and cats with traits that can be altered, such as fur length and pattern.
- You can assign features to pets and learn new skills, Your pets are also sims and can help your Sim.
- Pets can meet, fall in love and reproduce. Also, they can try to have puppies, kittens, and will also have family trees.
- Sugar Maple Coast is the town for PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 version, while Port Abrel is for Nintendo 3DS.
To cheat the player must press the start button and L1 L2 R1 and R2 (PS3) or LT LB RT and RB (Xbox) and a message will appear asking if you want to enable creation mode. Click yes and the player will unlock a few karma powers along with unlimited karma points and 999,999,999 Simoleons. The player's budget doesn't change if one buys or sells. However consequently the player will not receive any trophies, achievements or challenges with Creation mode enabled. 
There are a total of thirty possible pet traits. In Create-A-Pet, each pet can be given up to two traits. Pets can learn up to eleven traits, and they can also "un-learn" them. A few traits cannot be learned. Some traits are unique to one species, and some can be for any species. There are also some traits that will conflict with one another, such as Proud and Playful.
The Sims 3 Pets has its fair share of small issues with certain things. They don't necessarily break the game, but they can be annoying.
- Sometimes if you want to watch TV, you will be unable to because the game thinks that your couch is full, even when it isn't. Because of this, you cannot replace it or move it anywhere else.
- When your Sim steps out of a shower, there is a slight chance that the water coming from the shower head will still be running. This can be mistaken for a broken shower.
- There's a rare chance that a burglar will enter your house, set off the alarm, and stare at you for a few minutes before dashing out of your house. Nothing will be taken, but you will receive a message telling you that the police will get him/her next time.
- After using a piece of gym equipment (the treadmill or the weight machine) it can sometimes take a while for your Sim to change back to his/her everyday clothes.
- Sometimes a Cat's tail texture may stretch occasionally. The only known way to fix it is restarting the game.
- During a Birthday if you use a Karma power at the Sim that is aging up the "Having Birthday" Interaction will disappear and then they will stay the same age, but have a picture of them at the age they were going to become. And once you travel back they will be the age they were intentionally supposed to be. But if they weren't interacting with anything they would be as short as the age they were before the Birthday.
- Sometimes while making food, a Sim will disappear for unknown reasons and will not return, forcing the player to create a new family.
- Sometimes a Sim will perform an action, but will freeze mid animation. Trying to repeat the action will correct the issue.
The following section features recordings from real-life artists. The files are of inferior quality of the original recording and are only 30 seconds in duration. The files will play at your system's volume settings. We suggest you turn down your volume and then adjust it to your liking. If you have problems listening to the audio files, see Help:Audio files.
This is a list of artists and their songs that are to be featured in Pets:
|Plan B||Stay Too Long|||
Trailers and videos Edit
- ↑ http://www.amazon.com/Sims-3-Pets-Limited-Playstation/dp/B0054IUWSI/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1314110097&sr=8-4
- ↑ http://www.amazon.com/Sims-3-Pets-Limited-Xbox-360/dp/B0054IUY22/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1314112456&sr=8-5
- ↑ http://www.amazon.com/Sims-3-Pets-Nintendo-3DS/dp/B0054IV0Z2/ref=sr_1_9?ie=UTF8&qid=1314110097&sr=8-9
- ↑ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1MFJCgC6jnw&feature=feedu
- ↑ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y0uuo0WkU68&feature=player_embedded
- ↑ EA.com - The Sims 3 Pets
- ↑ The Sims 3: Pets - Interview with Ben Bell
- ↑ E3: Sims 3 Pets is Just What You’d Expect
- ↑ IGN - E3 2011: The Sims 3: Pets Goes to the Dogs
- ↑ The Sims 3: Pets Announced | MK Gaming
- ↑ 11.0 11.1 11.2 11.3 11.4 The Sims 3 Pets Live Broadcast Notes
- ↑ 12.0 12.1 12.2 12.3 12.4 The Sims 3 Pets Live Broadcast
- ↑ The Sims 3 Pets Q&A with Ben Bell
- ↑ The Sims 3: Pets soundtrack