The 30th patch for The Sims 4 was released on February 4, 2016. It updated the game to version 1.15..55.1020 for PC and 220.127.116.110 for Mac. As this patch marked the 16th anniversary of the release of The Sims, it added several features from previous games in the series, including the grilled cheese aspiration, kleptomaniac trait, and NPC gardeners. The update also added the ability to post screenshots, gallery content and achievements directly to Twitter from within the game.
Happy 16th Anniversary!
Yep, 16 years this February 4th! Amazing! And we have a few throwbacks to celebrate the 16 years of the Sims!
From the early days… when you were amazed your Sims didn’t burn to death just pouring a bowl of chips, we bring you memories of those trying times with the Tragic Clown Painting!
- A “new” old friend can be found immortalized in print in the Build catalog. Search up the Tragic Clown and you’ll come across the ol’ clown’s likeness. Viewing his print may place you in a sad mood however as you reflect upon the deeper meaning of balloon animals, bulbous red noses, and tragic kitchen fires.
…as we step forward, looking into the second iteration of the Sims, you will find the Grilled Cheese Aspiration!
- You can unlock this aspiration by eating a grilled cheese… or three.
- Once you finish the aspiration, you’ll unlock the Melt Master trait, where you will learn:
- To Paint Grilled Cheese on the Easel
- Summon Grilled Cheese Sandwiches with but a thought
- And unlock the ability to evangelize about Grilled Cheese Sandwiches… because cheese!
…and into the third installment, we bring to you, The Kleptomaniac Trait!
- Available now as a selectable trait in Create A Sim
- Your mischief skill will guide your ability to swipe various objects, but be careful to do so alone...
- And if you do end up feeling guilty for taking that valuable do-whaty-a-thingo from your neighbor, you can always return it… or sell it.
- “What ‘do-whaty-a-thingo’ were you referring to?”
In addition to our throwback memories…
You can now Hire a Gardener from the Hire a Service option in the phone menu.
- If you have some garden plants that need tending, you can hire the gardener for a one time “help me out” or as a re-occurring scheduled service.
- So get out there, buy a planting pot, drop some seeds, and eat the fruits of their labors!
- There are also a couple of new socials available on the Gardener: Ask for Gardening Advice and Discuss Gardening Techniques
And there is a new 16th Anniversary print found in Build Mode. Search up “Let there be Plumbobs!” and you’ll find this high gloss print with its’ 15 plumbobs staring right back at you!
- …the 16th … it’s there… I think if you close your eyes you can probably sense its presence… a presence not felt since…
- And then he just sort of turns away. I mean, he was in mid-sentence, and then he just stops and walks away. Why was he talking to himself to begin with? I know it’s the classic… but I always thought that part was strange…
Also Twitter! Share screenshots, gallery uploads, and achievements directly to Twitter.
And we have also improved your ability to find and filter modded content.
- Now you can easily identify modded content in Create A Sim and Build Mode with some handy icons we’ve added!
- We have also made it easy to separate modded from Maxis content with a new filter available in both modes.
Oh yea, almost forgot – we liked the trick items far too much not to give them away also! You can now find the Boneyard, Buyer Beware, and Stoar the Bearded Trickster Door in Build Mode.
But we can’t have just new stuff, not without cleaning up some of the old stuff. So what’d we do to the old?
- Sims invited to spend the night will no longer spend the night standing around not sleeping. They will now behave in a way that makes sense for someone who has been asked to spend the night.
- They will sleep. It’s a little strange and unusual… but we figured, let’s give it a go. See what happens.
- We fixed an issue with the Activities and Skills filter in Build Mode that was preventing the gold “something is new” highlight from properly clearing itself.
- Sims will no longer autonomously choose to drink potions or herbalism drinks.
- Wedding plates and cake will no longer disappear during the Share Wedding Cake interaction.
- We fixed an issue that was causing Sims to react as if most food was spicy.
- Fixed an issue that could result in some floor tiles failing to rotate along with the lot when rotated.
- Sims should no longer find themselves unable to exit the hot tub after autonomously woohooing.
- Playing with the Lump of Clay will now properly satisfy the "Play with 3 Toys" aspiration goal in the Artistic Prodigy aspiration.
- We addressed an issue that could result in the player receiving error code 533 when attempting to save the game.
- Thank you to our players who sent us your save files, as it greatly assisted us, and we were able to identify the problem and address this issue.
- Players who have received error code 42, just know you have the answer.
- Hacking notifications now properly address the Sim, and not the player…
- You there! Get outta my code...
- We have added an option in the Audio options called “Match Speed Stereo Music”
- When checked on, in game stereo music will play at the same speed as the game.
- When checked off, in game stereo music will always play at normal speed, regardless of game speed.
- When checked checkered, black goes first.
- When checked plaid, check flannel status.
- When chalked, hit the cue ball with a medium stroke at the center, to top stop it dead after hitting the object ball.
- The Princess Cordelia's Galleon Bed may now properly be found under the Queen Anne style sort.
- Fixed an issue in which it was possible to resize the Sim and Object inventory panels beyond their minimum constraints, which could result in them being unusable.
- Fixed an issue during the move in new household flow that could cause the "moving household" dialog to reappear and prevent the user from taking any further actions.
- Sims carving pumpkins or working at a woodworking table will no longer ignore Sims who die near them.
- Sims dying near a pumpkin carving or woodworking station will no longer have as their last memories the face of an uncaring carver.
- Babies will no longer send text messages congratulating your Sims on their marriage, engagement, or pregnancy…
- "Hey mom, we haven’t met yet. How are you doing? I just wanted to say congratulations on your pregnancy. Talk to you later."
- "My what?!"
- Sims who sabotage their own belongings will no longer be kicked out of their home by another Sim of their household.
- Maids will no longer attempt to put away toys or books if there is no Toy Box or Bookcase on the lot.
- Sims will no longer immediately cancel their shower or bath, if there is an infant anywhere on the lot.
- Sims with the jealous trait will no longer send congratulations on engagement/marriage messages to their ex'es.
- Item titles, descriptions, and player bio information can now be copied/pasted within the Gallery.
- Sims near a child who finishes reading or doing their homework will no longer improperly reset.
The Sims 4 Get to WorkEdit
- Paint by reference will no longer override your ability to take photographs of differing sizes and orientations.
- The “Straight Bizoleons Neon Sign” business perk sign can now have its emotional aura disabled.
- Food set for sale on retail lots was being improperly cleaned up by the midnight cleaning services under some circumstances … this should no longer occur.
The Sims 4 Get TogetherEdit
- We fixed the Brickwall brick texture variants to no longer improperly dupe the Up-Bricking wallpaper variants.
- Club gatherings will no longer start autonomously on the active Sims home lot.
- Children in club outfits will no longer "distort" when aging from child to teen…
- Their behavior upon becoming teens however is completely out of our hands.
The Sims 4 Outdoor RetreatEdit
- The Rejuvenated! Buff acquired from camping should no longer keep returning indefinitely. Now once it expires, you will have to go camping to again feel Rejuvenated!
The Sims 4 Movie Hangout StuffEdit
- Cuddle while watching a movie was not queuing for both Sims… it should now properly appear in the queue for both Sims.
- Popcorn does indeed satisfy the club rule for Eat, and now should show the icon indicating such.
- Cleaning the popcorn popper does indeed satisfy the club rule to clean, and now should show the icon indicating such.
- Reading release notes does indeed satisfy your need to know, and now you have been properly informed.
Happy Anniversary, happy Simming, happy, happy, joy, something something… and thank you for everything!