Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Official description Edit
- Rule the Workplace
You rule the workplace with The Sims 4 Get to Work. Actively control your Sims while they’re on the job, and determine whether they're headed toward a big promotion or are becoming the workplace menace. Jump to the rescue and save countless lives as a Doctor, torment your neighbors with mischievous inventions as a Scientist, or investigate crime scenes and crack the big cases as a Detective. If you’d rather be your own boss, you can even create, customize, and manage your own retail businesses and become a Simoleonaire! You decide how your Sims get to work.
Become a Doctor, Detective, or Scientist. Control your Sims in all-new career venues, and use your analytical mastermind to create crazy inventions as a Scientist, see what secrets you uncover as you investigate crime scenes as a Detective, or treat patients, deliver babies, and perform emergency surgery as a Doctor.
Create unique retail businesses. You rule your business! Create any type of retail business you desire, including bakeries, clothing boutiques, art galleries, bookstores, and many more. Customize every facet of your business with Build Mode and watch the Simoleons roll in! Select what items to sell, manage your employees as you see fit, and schmooze your customers to close the sale.
Learn new skills. Teach your Sims some new skills to create more unique objects to enjoy in The Sims 4. Capture the picture-perfect photo or bake and decorate a delicious treat with the new Photography and Baking skills. Display your creations at home or sell them to earn some extra Simoleons!
- New Neighborhood: Explore the new neighborhood of Magnolia Promenade, with 4 lots to build businesses!
- Be a Doctor: Your Sim can now spend their work day saving lives, treating patients, performing emergency surgery, and for the first time ever, delivering babies!
- Combat Crime: Investigate crime scenes, interrogate Sims, and arrest criminals while you work your way from Cadet all the way up to the Chief of Police.
- Experiment and Invent: Scientists spend their days building crazy inventions and collecting unique specimens for diabolical creations like the Sim Ray. Your Sim will have to decide whether they’ll use their inventions to help or torment their fellow Sims.
- Create Unique Retail Businesses: Create any number and type of retail business you want, including bakeries, clothing boutiques, art galleries, bookstores, and much more. You can customize every facet of your business with Build Mode; select what items to sell, manage your employees, and even upsell customers!
- New Career Venues: All new career venues and neighborhoods like the Hospital, Police Station, and Science Lab are fully stocked with brand new objects to help your Sims achieve success! Or head down to the Retail District to check in on the many retail businesses you’ve created and find your Sims true calling.
- Learn New Skills: Check out a whole new set of skills that will allow your Sims to create even more unique objects. Sims can now capture the picture-perfect photo or bake and decorate a delicious treat with the new Photography and Baking skills. Whatever your Sims make can be proudly displayed at home or sold to earn a few extra Simoleons.
- Discover Aliens: Aliens have landed and walk amongst us! Find out which Sims are truly out of this world and discover the mysterious Alien dimension! If you're lucky, your Sim might come down with a little bundle of alien joy!
Get to Work includes a new independent neighborhood - Magnolia Promenade. Magnolia Promenade is not a full world, and contains four lots, three of which have prebuilt stores, and one empty lot that the player can build their own business on. Get to Work also includes a secret lot called "Sixam" (which is "Maxis" spelled backwards), which can be found using the Wormhole Generator, available at level 10 of the new Scientist Career. Sixam is a great place to find some alien friends or find new collectables.
- This section is in need of additional information. You can help The Sims Wiki by expanding this section.
Get to Work is the second expansion pack in The Sims series to include Sim-owned businesses, the first being The Sims 2: Open for Business. Get to Work is also the second expansion pack to feature aliens; aliens appeared in The Sims 2 base game and The Sims 3: Seasons. Aliens in Get to Work are the first aliens in the series not to only have green skin. Get to Work is the second expansion in the series to feature "active" professions, the first being The Sims 3: Ambitions. The active careers in Get to Work are Science, Law Enforcement and Medicine.
Get to Work was priced at $39.99 USD and £29.99 GBP at launch, the same as the original pricing of an expansion pack for The Sims 3. Expansion pack prices for The Sims 4 are intended to be similar to prices for The Sims 3 expansion packs in most locations.
Get to Work features a new radio sation - Easy Listening. This radio station has eight songs.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 The Sims 4 Get To Work: March 31st Release Date on SimsVIP.com. Retrieved February 15, 2015
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 The Sims 4 Get To Work Releases March 31st, 2015 on SimsVIP.com Retrieved March 15, 2015
- ↑ The Sims - Time for your Sims to Get to Work! - Official Site
- ↑ EA Announces The Sims 4: Get To Work Expansion Pack by SimsVIP
- ↑ "The Sims 4: Get To Work". Origin.
|"The Sims" Chronology|
The Sims 4: Outdoor Retreat
January 13, 2015
|The Sims series PC games|| Followed by|
The Sims 4: Luxury Party Stuff
May 19, 2015
|First expansion pack|
for The Sims 4
|The Sims 4 expansion packs|| Followed by|
The Sims 4: Get Together
December 8, 2015
The Sims 3: Into the Future
October 22, 2013
|The Sims series expansion packs|