|IRC Channel Operators|
Listed below are the active administrators and bureaucrats on this wiki. Some inactive administrators or bureaucrats are not listed on this table. For a complete list of users with administrator access, see Special:Listusers/sysop.
|User||Position||Projects||Promotion date||Current status|
|Administrator||Fanon Administration, Image and File Maintenance, Affiliates||2011 September 9||Inactive|
|Administrator||Fanon Administration, Community Development||2012 September 17||Active|
|Administrator||Visual Improvement, Image and File Maintenance||2011 February 9||Active|
|Bureaucrat||Community Development, Image and File Maintenance, Community Event Planner||2011 September 18||Semi-Active|
|Bureaucrat||2010 October 8||Active|
|Administrator||Visual Improvement, Community Development||2012 October 9||Absent|
|Bureaucrat||Featured Article||2012 July 26||Active|
|Bureaucrat||IRC Channel Contact, Manager of Administrative Projects, Featured Contest||2011 July 20||Active|
|Administrator||Fanon Administration||2012 November 30||Active|
|Bureaucrat||Image and File Maintenance, Layout and Navigation, Featured Media||2012 June 13||Active|
|Bureaucrat||Family trees, Templates, Battles||2011 June 8||Semi-Active|
|Bureaucrat||Fanon Administration, Layout and Navigation||2012 March 13||Absent|
|Administrator||Image and File Maintenance, Fanon Administration||2012 May 6||Active|
|Administrator||Image and File Maintenance, Layout and Navigation||2012 September 20||Absent|
|Administrator||2013 March 13||Active|
|Bureaucrat||Fanon Administration, Image and File Maintenance, Battles||2011 October 3||Active|
Different users have access to different functions of the site. While anyone can do most things on the site, including reading and editing, administrators (also known as sysops) can access a few additional functions:
- Deleting and undeleting pages, page histories, and uploaded files.
- Locking (protecting) a page so it cannot be edited or renamed by users without admin rights.
- Blocking IP addresses or user names from editing; and very quick "rollback" of undesirable edits.
- Editing the interface by changing system messages and skins.
A bureaucrat has Sysop privileges, but has the added responsibility of reviewing requests for rollback and Sysop/Administrator privileges. Bureaucrats are also able to remove rollback or sysop privileges from absent users or users who abuse those privileges. Bureaucrats are usually among the most active and experienced editors on the wiki. New Bureaucrats are chosen by the community after a nomination and review process on the requests for bureaucratship page; users can nominate themselves on the condition that the request is supported by at least one other user who meets the minimum qualifications for nominating a bureaucrat within one week of a nomination, and only sysops can be nominated for a bureaucrat position.
Wikia staff members have full access to all of Wikia. They will be shown in Special:Listusers/staff on any wiki. Wikia janitors have limited administrator access to all of Wikia for cleanup purposes. These users will be shown in Special:Listusers/janitor across Wikia. VSTF have sysop rights across Wikia so that they can deal with vandalism when they see it or when there are no admins about. VSTF members will be shown on Special:Listusers/vstf across Wikia. Please see the Wikia Community Central contact page for details on how to contact Wikia staff.
How do I use administrator powers? Edit
See the administrators' how-to guide for a guide on using admin functions.
Becoming an administrator Edit
Experienced users who have already received rollback privileges, and who are trusted, long-term members of The Sims Wiki community may request administrator powers at The Sims Wiki:Requests for administratorship page. Once a user has applied, a Bureaucrat will review the application and either approve or deny it. Please be patient as a Bureaucrat reviews the application, as it may take days or weeks before a response is made. Also note that Bureaucrats may not be looking to take on more administrators at the current time; the Requests for administratorship page should state whether new applications are being accepted.
What can administrators not do? Edit
Administrators should not use their administrator powers to settle editing disputes; for example, to lock a page on a version he or she prefers in an editing dispute that isn't vandalism. Administrator powers should be used to help keep the wiki clear of vandalism, spam, and users who make malicious edits, but not for simple disagreements between users acting in good faith. Ideally an admin shouldn't be considered "in charge". The ideal admin is just someone who is trusted to have a few extra buttons and to use them for the benefit of the Wikia community.
Inactive Administrator Policy Edit
In order to ensure that most, if not all, administrators on The Sims Wiki are active participants in the community, The Sims Wiki has adopted an Inactive Administrator Policy. The policy is as follows:
- All administrators are expected to remain as active contributors to the content namespace on the wiki, as well as active participants in the wiki community. Bureaucrats shall, on an individual basis, determine if an administrator has become inactive and shall notify the administrator of their inactivity.
- Admins should be given a reminder up to a week before their rights are to be revoked.
- A former admin can immediately regain their status by contacting a bureaucrat and declaring their intention to return to active duty if the absence is less than six (6) months. If they are inactive for longer than six months, they will have to reapply.
- If an admin knows they will be inactive for a prolonged/unknown period of time (3 months or longer), they should step down and they may request to be reinstated at any time. A user who has been absent for 3 months, who hadn't stepped down beforehand, will have their rights revoked as if they had become inactive and they'll have 6 months to request to be reinstated before they're required to go through another RfA. Special cases to extend or revoke an administratorship may be brought to the attention of current administrators. If an administrator is banned permanently from The Sims Wiki, their rights are automatically revoked.
The Inactive Administrator Policy has taken effect as of August 28, 2010, and was amended on the 20th of May, 2012