|IRC Channel Operators|
|Rollback||Open to requests.|
This is the page where formal requests for rollback rights can be filed. Rollback rights enable normal users to use a [rollback] button to quickly revert vandalism from history pages. It is particularly useful on The Sims Wiki when an admin is unavailable to take bigger action against vandals. There is no maximum number of rollback users, so if you would like to obtain rollback rights, please do not hesitate to make a request.
Users applying for or being nominated for rollback rights should be active or semi-active members of the wiki. Rollback candidates should have a strong history of positive contributions to the wiki, with an emphasis on the quality of those edits over the quantity of edits made. Candidates should have no recent history of blocks or negative contributions to the wiki.
1. Add your name, or the name of the user you are nominating, as a subheading under the section "Current Requests" and give a concise explanation (no more than several lines) as to why you or the nominee should receive rollback rights. Please sign your posts.
- If a user is nominated by another user, the nominee must respond on this page and accept the nomination before the request can be considered. Nominees should reply to nominations within two weeks; nominations older than two weeks may be dismissed if the nominee does not respond.
2. After a request is made or a nomination is accepted by the nominee, an administrator or bureaucrat will need to support the request, and a second member of the administrative team must concur with the first in favor of promotion. If two members of the administrative team agree that an applicant or nominee is not suitable, the nomination/request is closed and the applicant/nominee is not given rollback rights. If two members of the administrative team disagree on whether an applicant or nominee is suitable, step 4 of these procedures is followed.
- If a user was nominated by an administrator or bureaucrat, that administrator/bureaucrat's nomination will not be treated as support or as concurrence under this section, and that administrator/bureaucrat may not offer support or concurrence in order to advance the request past this stage.
3. After two members of the administrative team concur in favor of a nominee, a 72-hour waiting period will begin. If, at the end of the waiting period, no users have dissented to the request/nomination, the request is closed and the applicant/nominee is given rollback rights.
4. If two administrators disagree about an applicant's suitability, or if any user dissents to the request/nomination during the waiting period, a full discussion in favor of or opposed to the nominee will begin, and will last at least five days from the time of the dissent. If no users dissent to the nomination within three days, the nomination will be approved. Discussions of this nature will follow the discussion guidelines for administratorship requests.
Current rollback request procedures were implemented on January 2, 2016, as a result of a community discussion.
It's my pleasure to nominate Vpetmad for rollback. Vpetmad has been a prolific editor and a helpful vandal fighter on the wiki, and they are mature, level-headed, and kind to other editors. Vpetmad: Please indicate below whether or not you accept or decline this nomination. --I am k6ka Talk to me! See what I have done 00:27, November 10, 2015 (UTC)
- I'm very surprised and extremely flattered by this nomination and it would be my pleasure to accept it! Vpetmad (talk) 07:34, November 10, 2015 (UTC)
I have been contributing to this wiki for almost 7 years now and whilst I haven't contributed in really large amounts other users which have been here for less time have, I am certain that lots of my contributions were of good quality and helpful. I also have reverted edits in the past, which made me think about requesting rollback rights on this wiki, as a way to further enhance any reverting I might need to do in the future to improve this wiki. ― ℛ̰ᴏ͜ᴅ̡ʀ̦ɪ̱ɢ̠ᴏ̠ ✖ (talk⛧contribs) 15:54, September 11, 2016 (UTC)
- changes to rollback rights requests took effect over eights months ago. Since I'm not a bureaucrat, I can't directly approve this request, but even if I was a bureaucrat I still wouldn't be able to just go ahead and approve your nomination, not under the new policies of how rollback requests are handled. You definitely have proven to have a very good grasp of how the wiki works in all the years that you've been editing here. So I support this nomination. ― C.Syde (talk | contribs) 11:21, September 13, 2016 (UTC)
Under the procedure outlined for rollback requests, this now progresses to a 72-hour waiting period, ending at 13:29 September 16 (UTC) - Countdown: LiR talk · blog · contribs 15:00, September 13, 2016 (UTC). --
Granting rollback is a position of trust on The Sims Wiki, as while rollback is but a humble tool that basically does what every other editor can do, it is also a powerful tool that can really take a bite out of newbies if used improperly. Though Stella terrano is one of our shier users, their contributions to the wiki are undeniably helpful, and with recent vandalism levels on the rise (Still small potatoes compared to what I have to deal with on the English Wikipedia), Stella terrano has been duly reverting vandalism whenever they see it. While rollback is not a tool that helps with article development, I believe that Stella terrano will find it very useful when they need to revert vandalism. —k6ka 🍁 (Talk · Contributions) 20:32, February 12, 2017 (UTC)
Not done Unfortunately, it would seem that the nominee hasn't responded to this request in over a month, so with regret I'll have to close this nomination. Stella terrano is welcome to nominate themselves again if they return to active editing. —k6ka 🍁 (Talk · Contributions) 02:45, March 31, 2017 (UTC)