|Did you know...:|
Did You Know or DYK is an upcoming feature on The Sims Wiki. It will be placed on the main page and will display random facts, tips and interesting trivia about The Sims and this wiki. Before we can do this though, we need a big list to get started so you have any ideas, please add them below.
New DYK suggestionsEdit
Be sure to add a bullet (*) in front of the line. There is no need to sign your posts here.
The Sims gamesEdit
Please add suggestions for DYK's about The Sims games below this line:
- Astronauts in The Sims 3 only work one day a week.
- The Ecological Guru in the Natural Science career from The Sims 2: University has a 21-hour workday, though they only work once a week.
- Ghosts in The Sims can't climb stairs.
- Pollination Technician 9's grandfathers' names, when converted to base 10, equal 69 and 70.
- Belladonna Cove's Cordial family is a copy of Pleasantview's Pleasant family.
- The Jimmy Sprocket line of books in The Sims 3 is an homage to Harry Potter
- The Ecological Guru in the Natural Science career from The Sims 2: University goes to work in an "Adam & Eve" costume.
- Sims with the Kleptomaniac trait can steal 3 objects per day after dark.
- Some children in The Sims 3 can inherit hidden traits from their parents.
- The Medicine career was updated in The Sims 3: Ambitions to the Doctor career.
- A death flower might save a Sim's life from the Grim Reaper in The Sims 3
- Sims with the Unlucky or Loser traits cannot be killed, other than by old age.
- New neighborhoods can be created in The Sims by copying and renaming the UserData folders; a game can have up to 99 neighborhoods!
- Toddlers in The Sims 3 can learn up to 3 points of the logic, guitar, painting and writing skills.
- There are 57 Sims on the box art for The Sims 3
- The Sims 2 for GBA takes place during the same exact time-frame as The Sims 2 for Nintendo DS.
- Mortimer Goth was the first Sim created in Pleasantview in The Sims 2.
- The elder life stage doesn't exist in The Sims Pet Stories.
- Lots cannot be placed or built on in The Sims Castaway Stories.
- The Sims 3: Pets, The Sims 2: Pets, The Sims 2: Seasons and The Sims 3: Seasons are the only games that have the names in the two different "generations" of games.
- The production of The Sims 3: Pets started when The Sims 3's production was finished, in 2009.
- The Sims was called Project X during development. It was supposed to be called Virtual Dollhouse but it sounded unappealing to boys.
The Sims WikiEdit
Please add suggestions for DYK's about The Sims Wiki below this line:
- You can talk to any user, even unregistered ones, using a user's talk page
- You can discuss changes to any article using that article's discussion (talk) page
- We're always on the lookout for new articles. If you have an idea for a page that should be on the Wiki (and isn't yet), you should create a page for it!
- You can create an article under your username. Go to Create a page and name it: User:your user name (spelled exactly, including capitalization)/name of the page.
- You can use our Questions forum for game help.
- You can add Userboxes to your user page to spice it up a bit.
- You too can help The Sims Wiki by reporting spam and vandalism.
- Registered users can chat in the newest wiki feature, The Sims Wiki:Chat.
- Some users here like to SLAP another user with LARGE TROUT.