The Therapist is an NPC that comes to help Sims when they go into aspirational failure (Aspiration bar in total red). He examines the Sims and helps them getting back a little of their Aspiration Bar, then he disappears again. The Therapist is just a mirage seen by Sims in aspirational failure and does not exist.
With cheats, it's possible to have a baby with the Therapist. Although, the Therapist does not have very good genetics and most offspring have very small eyes right next to each other and gaunt faces.
The shrink can only be seen by the Sim that he is taking care of. But Sims in the same room will turn to the Sim being helped and do the 'You're Crazy!' sign.
With the use of hacks and cheats, the player can add the Therapist to a playable family, but he shows up for a few seconds and is not seen again on the lot, but still in Sim menus and family description, and it is quite irritating as the player can't get rid of him, and if the player tries to kill him with the death creator, he won't die as he doesn't appear in a physical form. The PlumbBob appears next to the Tombstone of Life and Death and is frozen in that spot.
Therapist's genetic personality is that of a standard object NPC: 0 neat, 0 outgoing, 0 active, 0 playful, 0 nice.
- A second Elder thumbnail of him exists in the game files and can be found with SimPE.
- Making the Therapist selectable or adding him to a family will cause game corruption, as his character file is located in the objects.package file, and is the same for all neighborhoods. A much safer way to play as the Therapist is to create him in CAS with debugging cheats enabled.
- Oddly, if the player Shift+Clicks on him while testingcheatsenabled is on, all the options that normally appear on normal Sims will appear, instead of the two used for Sims with incomplete data or universal Sims. Players should NOT click on any of these options, as it may cause game corruption.
- When using SimPE, one can see that his last name is Therapist, making his technical name "Therapist Therapist".
- The Therapist cannot be seen by other Sims, other than the Sim he is healing. This is similar to what happens with a Sim and the Social Bunny.
- He and Pollination Technician are the only NPCs in The Sims 2 base game to have customized face templates.
- His hair was probably black before it turned grey, seeing as if the player makes a Sim have a baby with him, they will usually have black hair. The Therapist's genetics also seem to be very dominant.
- It should be noted that he doesn't always have an aspiration when viewing SimPE.
- There is a small chance that the game may try using the Therapist in a walk-by. However this rarely happens, and if it does, he just shows up, stands there and eventually disappears. This is probably due to a glitch.
- According to SimPE, he is 3 days from being an elder, disregarding the fact that he doesn't age.
Do NOT attempt to make the Therapist selectable, move him into a family, turn him into a supernatural creature, or tamper with him in any way or form outside of his in-game designated purposes. Doing so will cause game corruption, fixed only by uninstalling and reinstalling the game.