Tiberium is a gem present once The Sims 3: World Adventures is installed.
Tiberium is a very rare and often valuable gem. The ore itself is around §100, and getting it cut greatly increases the value of the gem. Whether it is a raw ore or cut, it will give a Sim a negative moodlet (-25 mood), so it is best kept out of a Sim's inventory. No matter what its form, it will glow and make a soft "ping" when placed on lots.
- Exploring the catacombs in mausoleum.
- Rummaging the trash can in a wealthy residential lot.
- Buying one from relic store.[TS3:WA]
- Breaking space rocks with board breaker.[TS3:WA]
- Digging up a dog dig spot as a dog.[TS3:P]
- Entering the dimensional gate with PlasmaPunch Gyroscopic Conductor.[TS3:ST][confirmation needed]
- Searching for gem as a dog[TS3:P] or werewolf.[TS3:SN]
- Casting Conversion Ritual spell as a witch.[TS3:SN]
- There is a slim chance to win a cut Tiberium from The Claw.[TS3:SN]
- Clone from a sample taken by analyzing an existing Tiberium gem using the Science skill.[TS3:UL]
- Picking it up from the ground in Egypt.
Tiberium can be cut into 2 different forms:
- Small Spire Cut (§6,500)
- Heart-Shaped Cut (§1,000)
No matter what the cut is, (whether it's heart or small spire) Tiberium outside Sim's inventory will grow into a Large Spire Cut within a day, providing it has sufficient space to grow, giving it a value of around §40,000. With Supernatural installed, even the powder will grow into a Large Spire cut if processed through the Gem cutter. Therefore, the Gem cutter is a great way to multiply the profit. If a mod is installed that allows tiberium to be obtained in cuts other than the above, those cuts will also grow into Large Spire cuts. However, raw tiberium will not grow in this manner in most cases.
The claim that Tiberium can spread propagated early on after its introduction into Sims 3 in hopes that it would mimic its behavior in the Command & Conquer universe. This, unfortunately, has been disproven by many threads such as this on the official Sims 3 Forums.
- Tiberium is present in the Command & Conquer series as a fictional substance that is central to much of the plot of the story. The series was made by Westwood Studios and later acquired by EA.
- In the Command & Conquer series this mineral is used as a power source and for funding during war, and is lethally radioactive to any form of life which is exposed to it. However, in The Sims 3, it is not as lethal, though it can cause visceroidal nausea. The illness is named after Visceroid, a Tiberium life-form in Command & Conquer.
- Tiberium is one of the most valuable materials available that is associated with a spawner (namewise) that is placeable via BuyDebug, alongside Supernovium, Compendium, Mummitomium, Plutonium, Opal, and Soulpeace. Tiberium spawners will also spawn Luminorious Gems alongside other less valuable gems, most notably amethyst.
- Raw tiberium will only grow into a Large Spire cut without being otherwise refined if it has been affected by a glitch that occurs when moving to a new town, at which time all uncut gems in the active household's inventories and family inventory will appear as blue topaz, though they will still be considered to be their original type, and will appear as normal when cut.