Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Tools are programs which are used outside The Sims (series) games. They are often used to manipulate or manage in-game custom content and neighborhoods, but some are useful (or essential) when creating custom content.
The Sims 2 and The Sims 3 both feature game launchers.
- The Sims Eraser
- This tool, which was included on the CDs for later expansion packs, is made to remove Windows registry entries that were left behind after uninstalling The Sims. In some cases, these leftover entries could interfere with reinstalling.
- SimShow (Skins)
- This tool allows players to make walls and floors.
- FaceLift & FaceLift Gold
- These are tools for creating and importing custom heads.
- Art Studio
- This tool allows .BMP and .JPG images to be made as single-tile paintings.
- This tool checks some files, such as walls, floors, and skins, and removes incomplete or damaged files.
- Menu Edit
- This is a basic tool for editing the text strings which appear in an object's pie menu.
- Hot Date Object Organizer [TS:HD]
- This tool allows setting objects created by Art Studio and other programs so they sort correctly in the catalog and are available for purchase Downtown.
The Sims 2Edit
The Sims 3Edit
User created toolsEdit
- ↑ 'Art Studio' was never updated to support the catalog sub-categories which were added in Hot Date. Its output will appear in Decorative->All, but will not appear in the Paintings subcategory.
- ↑ 'File Cop' was not updated to handle changes Hot Date and later EPs made to the way "buyable" (formal, swimwear, pajamas, etc.) skins are handled. 'Skin Doctor' is a similar tool.
- ↑ The 'Hot Date Object Organizer' was not updated for later expansion packs. There are two fanmade similar tools though: 'SimCategorizer' from SimWardrobe and 'SimOrganizer'.
- ↑ A standalone version of the new CAS was available prior to the base game's launch for people who had pre-ordered it. It has not been released freely as Body Shop and it is unknown if it ever will be.