expansion pack for The Sims. It adds many new features, such as farming, going to community lots, and about 125 new objects. However, the main new feature is the ability to own pets: cats, dogs, birds, fish, or reptiles.
- Pet beds, baths, bowls, toys
- Grand Delusions Mask Display
- El Bandito, a raccoon
- Henri LeStanc, a skunk
- Miss Lucille
- Tidy Heidi
- Travelin’ Joe
- Animal Control Evan
- Gardener Bob
- Sir Will of Orinda
- Giuseppi Renni and Mr. McCutch, his monkey
- W.C. Friendly
New building themesEdit
- French Quarter
Other new featuresEdit
- Adopt Pets: Adopt a cat or dog from the local adoption center.
- New skills for pets: Train your Pets so that they can have skills like housebreaking, hunting, obedience, and tricks.
- New interactions: Rubbing, playing, clapping, praising, and scolding. Pets can even enter a pet show.
- Inventory: Sims also have an inventory, where Sims store objects such as pet collars, vegetables (grown from gardens or bought from a market), and pet treats.
- Build on vacant lots: Players can now build houses on vacant residential lots, and can modify unoccupied houses.[n 1]
- The Sims: Unleashed is featured in episode 3 of the 4th season of "Six Feet Under."
- There is a bug in the game, sometimes referred to as the Upside-down head syndrome or Upside-down face disease (among other names), which causes the Sim icons to change into incorrect images, or for the Sim heads to become invisible. The bug is caused by corrupted character files. The only verified solution is to delete the character file, though if a backup of the character file exists, it can be imported into the game after the corrupted file is deleted.
|The Sims: Unleashed Theme|
- ↑ If The Sims: Makin' Magic is also installed, this cannot be done in the residential section of Magic Town.
|"The Sims" Chronology|
The Sims: Vacation
March 25, 2002
|The Sims series expansion packs|| Followed by|
The Sims: Superstar
May 15, 2003