The news blog is a day late this week. I blame all the hubbub over The Sims 4, as well as some other wiki events. Let's get down to business!
- Dragon Valley was accidentally released early. According to SimGuruTaterTot, some players were accidentally able to purchase an early and incomplete version of the Dragon Valley neighborhood. Players who received the early version of the neighborhood are urged to uninstall it, "to avoid any risks to your saved games and overall experience." If you didn't manage to get an early peek at Dragon Valley, don't worry - it goes up for sale May 30th.
- Origin and Amazon sale on The Sims 3 expansions this weekend. Multiple expansions, stuff packs, and base game bundles for The Sims 3 are on sale on Origin, through Ma…
Read more >
The official announcement of The Sims 4 on Monday leaves a lot of ground to cover regarding information on the game, and information on how The Sims Wiki will handle the game going forward.
Yes, it's official! Maxis made the announcement shortly after 15:00 UTC to a wide audience on Twitter and across the web. Maxis chose to reveal the existence of TS4 to a select group of fans and fansite owners a few hours before their public announcement, but generally those sites and people chose not to leak the news early. Later news releases throughout the day have given us a few key pieces of information about the new game:
- The Sims 4 will release sometime in 2014. It could mean January 2014, or December 2014, or (most likely) sometime in-between. We ju…
Read more >
In case your eyes weren't glued to Twitter today waiting for EA's "big announcement", here it is:
The Sims 4 is official!
You can read EA's brief press release here.
- The Sims franchise is fueled by the passion and creativity of its millions of fans around the world. Their continued devotion to the franchise ignites the fire of creativity of the team at The Sims Studio, driving them to continually improve and innovate on one of the world’s most successful simulation game that has sold more than 150 million copies worldwide.
Stay tuned to this blog post, where we will be providing any new updated information from the announcement.
-- LostInRiverview talk ~ blog 15:19, May 6, 2013 (UTC)
Edit 1 - The time for reckless speculation begins wit…Read more >
The news is pretty light this week - please let me know if I've missed something important.
- Countdown to The Sims 3: Island Paradise -
- New Premium Store Content: The "Double Down Poker and Roulette Bundle" is available on The Sims 3 Store.
- Request for Administratorship - There is a pending request on the Requests for Administratorship page, to promote HanaGoth96 to administrator. Please go here to read the request and to weigh in.
- There is a discussion ongoing over whether to change the wiki theme for the release of The Sims 3: Island Paradise.
- There is some talk about whether the template is being overused - see this thread to weigh in.
- Remember - these and other threads can be found in our Community Discussions Forum
Have a great week! -- LostInRiv…
Read more >
Let's talk about the news!
- Maxis announces (officially) The Sims 3: Island Paradise. Yes, I know TS3:IP was already revealed during the January "Live Chat with The Sims 3", but Maxis has finally released an official Press Release and trailer video. You can watch the trailer by clicking the video to the right, or read the press release here (courtesy of BeyondSims).
- EA "wins" the title of "Worst Company in America". The Consumerist holds an annual bracketed competition, where people can vote on which company deserves the not-so-prestigious 'Golden Poo' award. EA also received this title back in 2012, making it the first-ever company to "win" the award twice (and also, in back-to-back years). You can read more about this on the Consumerist website. …
Read more >